Non?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non?

That demon called Non, from "Spike: After the Fall", has the power to drain life force, but says there's nothing to take from Illyria (or Spike, I guess?) because they're dead...but when Non touches Illyria's hand we see her slump down a little. Since Illyria's already dead, is Non simply draining energy from her, because it looks like she's FAINTED...giving Non a brief window of opportunity to lay the smackdown on her. Is that what's happened, because that's the way I read/saw it. Does this mean Illyria's met her match in Non? I think she's back for the Gunn issue soon...and I'm getting the impression she might be a new "Big Bad".
    Last edited by Chace; 30-03-09, 02:38 AM.

I don't know, Illyria has lots of power and we're not sure how much Non can take. But she is certainly an interesting character that can be a problem for our heroes in the future. But I don't think that she would be the big bad. W&H is the big bad and Nun is not big enough to be a big bad. Jasmine was a goddess so a worthy big bad in a show where W&H are the usual bad guys, but a single demon without amazing powers or an important bond with a character is not 'good' enough.
    At least that's what I think. Maybe that she will annoy Spike in his own story?

Comment

The way I read it was that Non drained most of the humans in the immidate vicinity which gave her a temporary power boost, thus enabling her to smack down Illyria (who'se own level of strength/durability was flutuating anyway). Both Gunn and Spike were able to beat up Non under normal conditions, so I think that Illyria's defeat at Non's hands can be entirely chalked up to her being on a power high from all the humans she's just drained.

Comment

Originally posted by Vampire in Rug View Post
        The way I read it was that Non drained most of the humans in the immidate vicinity which gave her a temporary power boost, thus enabling her to smack down Illyria (who'se own level of strength/durability was flutuating anyway). Both Gunn and Spike were able to beat up Non under normal conditions, so I think that Illyria's defeat at Non's hands can be entirely chalked up to her being on a power high from all the humans she's just drained.

Thankyou! That makes a little more sense now.

But as far as Non not being a threat?? How can anyone human get close enough to kill her? What if she uses her powers if Buffy/Faith get within close range?? They're dead in five seconds flat! I think Non has one of the scariest powers ever and I think she's definately a threat to be eliminated. Yes, I think she's going to become the new bigbad. She's physically strong and can fight, weaponry has no effect on her, she can make anyone in close vicinity dead if she uses her powers, she's not one of the good guys at all...

Comment

I agree that Non is a threat. While her fighting skill may not be quite as good Spike's, she's still got quite a few moves that make her a pretty formidable opponent, even without the ability to drain everyone around her.

You're quite right about Buffy and Faith, they would be reduced to a whithered corpse in a matter of seconds. She drained three Slayers pretty easily in Gunn's basement. And we've seen that she can take damage probably better than a vampire can. She had swords, knives and spears jammed though her body and it didn't seem to bother her.

Although I wonder what kind of power level she has now that they aren't in HelL.A. anymore. Maybe now she can only drain one human at a time or something?

Comment

I agree that Non is a threat. While her fighting skill may not be quite as good Spike's, she's still got quite a few moves that make her a pretty formidable opponent, even without the ability to drain everyone around her.

You're quite right about Buffy and Faith, they would be reduced to a whithered corpse in a matter of seconds. She drained three Slayers pretty easily in Gunn's basement. And we've seen that she can take damage probably better than a vampire can. She had swords, knives and spears jammed though her body and it didn't seem to bother her.
            I know!!

Although I wonder what kind of power level she has now that they aren't in HelL.A. anymore. Maybe now she can only drain one human at a time or something?

Yes, that will be interesting...maybe her life draining abilities are diminished somewhat now? If not, then they'll be in deep doo doo. LOL.

Comment

Working...
            X