Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juliet Landau talks Drusilla

Hey

New interview posted here with Juliet Landau on the upcoming Drusilla story. It talks about her collaboration with Brian Lynch, her love for the character, her favourite episodes and hints at what we may be getting into these two issues.

http://buffycomics.hellmouthcentral.com/

She sounds lovely and really seems to love the character. I'm looking forward to seeing how she handles Dru.

Vamps
    Last edited by vampmogs; 23-03-09, 11:32 AM.

~ Banner by Nina ~

I love how excited she is about the whole comic. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Hey got two variant covers for these issues from Runge. They're wonderful!

http://ryalltime.blogspot.com/2009/0...ng-to-dru.html

Sorry don't know just how to post them directly on here.. never works for me

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Amazing, especially the last one.

Comment

That's so exciting! I absolutely adore Drusilla! I think she is one of the best character in the Buffyverse, and am now super excited that they are bringing her back through the comics. How neat is it that it was Juliet who actually was the one to bring her back.

I'm pretty far behind on the comics I admit. I've been waiting for them to finish the season to see if they'll come out with a book or something that has all the issues in, but I'll be looking forward to this when I get to them.

Comment

Wow, those covers are freaking amazing.

I hope they write her a little bit saner. I love the idea of the character, but her constant child-like riddles and speech patterns get on my nerves if the writer lays it on too thick. I liked the way she was written in one of the Dark Horse comics, she was still insane, but she was coherent and able to speak in sentences without always going off on a tangent. Juliet Landau is co-writing so at the very least we know it's gonna stay true to the spirit of the character.

Do we know when this comic is being set? I think it's been implied that part of the story will be set during After the Fall.

Comment

It will be set during different times. We will see what she was doing in Hell-LA, but also what she did before and after that. At least that's how I understood it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                It will be set during different times. We will see what she was doing in Hell-LA, but also what she did before and after that. At least that's how I understood it.
                Juliet has said she's been reading both the Buffy and Angel comics and has originated this storyline HERSELF and ultimately became the co-writer, so she's definately done her homework. The timeline looks like it's set in "After the Fall", but she obviously can't say anything to spoil the story. That being said...Drusilla can't just pop up in LA out of nowhere...I think we'll definately have it either explained, or shown through flashback, what Drusilla's been doing all this time since "Crush" and by the end of the whole thing we'll have some new information about the character come to light. Was she a potential slayer before she was turned...and now she's super strong? Does she still love Spike...and sets out to get her own soul back so they can be together? Does she look for Angel? What's next, what does she want, what's her purpose? There's no way this two-shot is the first and last time we'll see the character. She and Spike will be back again, probably in the main Angel storyline at some point down the line.
                Last edited by Chace; 26-03-09, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Nick Runge posted on a Slayalive the uncolored version. So for the people who are interested in the uncolored covers;

Comment

Thanks for all the linkage.

I must say I'm really looking forward to a reunion of the remaining three of the Fanged Four. There never was one of all four, sadly, but this is the closest we can get.
                    Sin is what I feast upon
                    I'm forging my crematorium
                    Your tomb is waiting here for you
                    Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Working...
                    X