Preview pages for issue 18 [spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview pages for issue 18 [spoilers]

Chris Ryall posted these two pages for the first issue of Aftermath. He also gave the release date (2/25), two weeks after issue 17, which will be out 2/11. (well he said probably)

the artist is Dave Ross.

I like his art, I hope that they won't mess up the coloring.
    And is the girl in the first page Nina? She wears those clothes Nina wore in After the Fall. (Or maybe it's just a random girl who needs to be saved) And Angel has too much eyebrow in some panels, which looks a bit funny. But that's the only critic I have, I love the details and the likeness. And more, I like the different clothes Angel wears, I was annoyed by Angel's clothes in ATF because it was always the same. (Blouse with leather jacket)
    Last edited by Nina; 31-01-09, 12:38 PM.

Originally posted by Nina View Post
    And is the girl in the first page Nina? She wears those clothes Nina wore in After the Fall. (Or maybe it's just a random girl who needs to be saved)
    I'm pretty sure that that is the demon in the third panel, check the outfit + long thin hair.

The close up of angel is a little of I think, a bit too wide and it looks like the skin under his eyes is falling apart.
    sigpic
    A Boy Named Jayne

Banner and avie by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by spidol View Post
      I'm pretty sure that that is the demon in the third panel, check the outfit + long thin hair.
      The demon in the third panel completely switches the scene to a cemetery where as in the first two panels they're in some kind of industrial area or maybe near the docks.
      sigpic

Banner Set by thedothatgirl

Comment

Its not the same demon. Its supposed to show Angel fighting loads of demons, going back to what he does back. they are different time frames. Like in buffy issue 20.

Comment

There's four demons: the comb-over, the long Mohawk, baldy with the body hair and the long-haired one.

As far as the art... the nose on Angel bugs me. DB has an extremely straight nose bridge. Alex Ross is superhero-ing it a bit too much for my liking and giving DB a much more square-jawed appearance than he actually has.

On the other hand, the demons that look like they could be inhabited by stunt men are a thankful divergence from all the giant lizards and Burge-types we've been getting from both franchises lately.
          Last edited by NileQT87; 04-02-09, 03:32 AM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
          "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

The first 5 pages of Aftermath in color;

Seems to me that Angel thinks that the boy in the last page is a demon, but he turns out to be a fan.
            I love the first panel. And the long coat is back, woohoo!
            Last edited by Nina; 05-02-09, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Oh I have always been a huge fan of the long coat I am so happy to see him in it again. This panel does bring up a new hardship Angel has, it is going to be even harder to determine friend from foe and someone could even pretend to be a fan to get close and then catch him off guard. I can guess his reputation helps him somewhat now that everyone knows who he is and what he is capable of...but it still must make it harder to fight the good fight. I am really looking forward to see how Angel handles his new found celebrity status. Talk about coming a long way, hid in the shadows and filth eating rats to probably able to get into any place he wants because of who he is.

Comment

Working...
              X