Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runge covers for Aftermath. [spoilers]

4 new covers for the issues 18-21;

The tumbnails (besides the one for issue 20) don't work for me.

For issue 20:

click for the tumbnails

I will try again later, or maybe it's my computer. But from what I can see, the covers are very pretty. I'm also curious what or who the creature is on the cover of issue 20. And Cordelia is on the cover for issue 21. I think the other girl is Gwen and the third one I can't really figure out ... maybe Darla? But Runge really gave his best for these covers, they look good!

edit:
    Issue 18

Issue 19

Issue 20
    Last edited by Nina; 31-01-09, 09:40 PM.

those are some stunning covers. i know which ones i'll be getting. I think the third figure on the last cover is Connor. Angel is paired with Cordelia and Connor is paired with Gwen.

Comment

I think it's Kate, actually... But yeah, the covers are way pretty.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

#21 definitely is Angel, Cordy, Darla and Gwen. I recognize the picture used for Darla and that is definitely Julie Benz's pointy, cоcked eyebrow.

Chris Ryall (http://ryalltime.blogspot.com/) has also posted these pages by Dave Ross:

Spoiler:

Last edited by NileQT87; 31-01-09, 02:50 PM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
        "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Yes, the eyebrow gives me a Darla vibe. And if it is Darla, the issue will probably be a Connor issue. Darla & Angel are his parents, Gwen is his (ex?) girlfriend and Cordelia is his first/the person who did spend the most time with baby Connor, besides Angel of course.

Comment

Well, the Rodr?guez cover for #21 has Connor in the forefront with Gwen. Issue #21 definitely features Connor and the choice of characters here would support that.

Any thoughts on the mysterious caged female with curly/frizzy dark hair? The only one that comes to mind is Drusilla (her hair was frizzy in many of the flashbacks and sometimes piled on her head). It doesn't really look like her though. It's probably the werecat leopard woman. It would match the glowing eyes of the werecat in #18.
            Last edited by NileQT87; 31-01-09, 02:57 PM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
            "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

I've the feeling that the caged woman is a black woman. I also think that she is Dez, the eyes are indeed a match with the eyes of the leopard. If I remember it correctly, the blurb of issue 20 had some text about Dez.

edit:
              ANGEL #20

Written by Kelley Armstrong, art by Dave Ross, covers by Gabriel Rodriguez and Nick Runge.

Angel's attempts to return to normal have been upended by the cat-changer Dez. But who is she, and where does she come from? Find out here, even as a larger question -- namely, who is Angel's angelic visitor from beyond, and who sent him here? -- comes to light.
              Last edited by Nina; 31-01-09, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Yeah, it definitely seems to be Dez. Well, at least we have some clues about her human appearance, then.

I hope the image of Darla means something other than as Connor's mother (if it is just an image of important figures to Connor rather than what is in the issue) on #21. Pretty much my ultimate fan wish is for her to appear again. Not sure if she counts as an "angelic visitor" despite her white ghostly image in Inside Out. Unless she's a "fallen angel" (sometimes another term for "demon") in Hell, albeit still sharing Connor's soul.

The "angelic visitor" probably more closely matches Cordy. It might just mean "angelic" in the non-Biblical sense of sweet, white and full of light.
                Last edited by NileQT87; 31-01-09, 05:02 PM.

Comment

The angelic visitor is probably the warrior angel and the blurb seems to indicate that it's a male angel. I actually hope that it's a complete new character and not Doyle or Wesley.

I saw on other boards that some people can see the big version of the covers for 18, 19 and 21. But I still can't see those, not while opening it in Firefox or Internet Explorer. Can somebody upload the big versions? please? *puppy eyes* Because it seems to be very clear that Kate is the blond woman in the last cover, and I would like to see that.
                  Last edited by Nina; 31-01-09, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Guys, that's definitely Kate who's confirmed to be in Aftermath. The eyes and the nose on the likeness is all Elisabeth Rohm. Darla being in Aftermath really doesn't make sense. As one of the AtS writers said, she's died three times - one of them has to stick.

Nina, I tried reuploading the images and it still didn't work. Can you see these?

Spoiler:

Or can you see them here on my Live Journal?
                    Last edited by Emmie; 31-01-09, 06:37 PM.
                    sigpic

Banner Set by thedothatgirl

Comment

The cover could be symbolic, Cordelia is dead as well and I doubt that she would come back and hang around. The most important people in Connor's life on one cover, it would make sense if the issue is about Connor (he is the most important character on the other cover of this issue as well). And on the little tumbnail I can not see very clear features of her face, but the eyebrow looks like Julie Benz' eyebrows. That's why I would love to see a bigger version, to see her face a bit better. And the cover gives the feeling that it's not a literal cover, with the lightflashes and the stars and without a real background.

Of course it could be Kate, but right now it would make sense to me, if it was Darla.

edit:
                      I can't see them, only the cover with Dez. But thanks for uploading and posting.
                      Such a weird thing that my computer doesn't open the uploaded versions, but that I can see the Dez one.

Comment

Darla sounds right. Doesn't mean she's in the book as such, it just looks like a collection of the most important people in Connor's background. Although that begs the question -- where is Holtz?

Fantastic covers, really. Definitely look forward to learning about these two new characters.
                        sigpic
                        Banner by LRae12

Comment

So it's still not viewable even on my Live Journal, Nina?

Here's a screencap of Kate - I really don't see how the blonde woman on the cover is being confused as Darla. The slope of her nose, the lids of her eyes being more prominent, her cheekbones, the strong jawline (compared to the pointed jawline of Julie Benz).

Benz has more pointed features (nose and chin) while Rohm has more rounded lines to her face.

If you look at the line from the temple down the cheekbone to the jaw, it doesn't deviate much in the covers depiction. More true of Rohm's face than Benz's. Also notice that Rohm's eyebrows arch where as Benz's are more straight along the topside.

I understood the confusion about the Dark Willow/Drusilla mislead - that was obviously done to confuse the audience. But this seems very clear-cut to me. Kate is in Aftermath and the photorealistic depiction on the cover looks like Elisabeth Rohm.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, the thing with FDW was *meant* to be ambiguous. This isn't, we just can't see close enough to tell. In thumbnail form, I could buy either one. For terms of "connected to Connor", I could buy either one.
                            sigpic
                            Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by Emmie View Post
                              So it's still not viewable even on my Live Journal, Nina?
                              Nope. I don't get why it doesn't work either. Some people can see it and some others don't. And the same happens when the covers are uploaded. really weird

In the tumbnail she really looks like Darla to me, but maybe in the big version she looks like Kate. In that case, it's probably Kate. But I can't tell right now.

Comment

Ok, well everyone who is able to see the full-size version has been saying it's Kate. I've noticed people on Whedonesque who can only see the thumbnail are saying it's Darla also. But again, if you can't see the details of the face, I don't really see how you can adequately judge it beyond seeing that she has blonde hair.

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                                Well, the thing with FDW was *meant* to be ambiguous. This isn't, we just can't see close enough to tell. In thumbnail form, I could buy either one. For terms of "connected to Connor", I could buy either one.
                                That's my point, King. It's not an ambiguous depiction. It's actually one of the best likenesses on the cover. Full-size version definitely looks like Kate to me.
                                sigpic

Comment

... which I haven't seen. The point is, nobody saying Darla is doing the "omg Drusilla is a centaur" now thing.

You managed to find about the two least glamourous screencaps of two beautiful actresses for that comparison
                                  sigpic
                                  Banner by LRae12

Comment

You managed to find about the two least glamourous screencaps of two beautiful actresses for that comparison
                                    Which best fit the face's position and lack of make-up like the the depiction on the cover.

... which I haven't seen. The point is, nobody saying Darla is doing the "omg Drusilla is a centaur" now thing.
                                    Ha! When did anyone say Drusilla was a centaur? Someone thought it was Dru on #18? But I was more speaking to the mislead of Dark Willow/Drusilla for Jeanty's cover of #17. That was meant to be ambiguous. This cover isn't. And my earlier statements were made before I realized that judgment of Darla seems to be coming from those who can't see the full cover.
                                    Last edited by Emmie; 31-01-09, 07:17 PM.
                                    sigpic

Comment

When I use Firefox and I try to open one of those covers, I get sometimes the error that the computer can't open the cover because there are mistakes in the picture. Is that a normal error?
                                      Last edited by Nina; 31-01-09, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking this issue comes from the source of the image posted on The Buffy Comics Guide website. Because when people try to view it at their website, the same problems occur. Only #20 is viewable in full-size. So I'm guessing the error is embedded into the original image.

I'm wondering if it could be related to how current each user's software is also. I'm using a laptop that is only 6 months old and can view the images through Firefox.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X