X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover Angel: Aftermath issue 20

The Rodriguez cover for this issue;

ANGEL #20

Written by Kelley Armstrong, art by Dave Ross, covers by Gabriel Rodriguez and Nick Runge.

Angel's attempts to return to normal have been upended by the cat-changer Dez. But who is she, and where does she come from? Find out here, even as a larger question -- namely, who is Angel's angelic visitor from beyond, and who sent him here? -- comes to light.

Is it Kate or Nina? (If Nina stays, the artist needs to find a way to make a good distinction between Kate and Nina)
    I like this cover a lot more than his first two covers. So the werecat has a name, Dez and she is a girl. And the angel is a he. Also sounds like Dez is not really a new team member and more like a difficult new player in town. And Angel's return to normal ... normal life or is he right now not in his normal form.
    Last edited by Nina; 19-01-09, 01:47 PM.

That's definitely Kate, I tell by her nose.

Is it confirmed that Nina is going to become a main cast member?

I don't really see why, she's never really done that much for the series, and she kind of gets annoying in my opinion, than anything else.

That said, the cover is beautiful.. I love it. I love these vibrant, almost *comic* comic looking covers. It's a nice change.

I think it's evident that the only ex-cast will be Angel, Spike, Lorne, and Kate. And Nina, I guess, if she stays.

Also, I think the return to normal was meaning a return to L.A. and not Hell-A.
    sigpic

-Sig by BlasterBoy-

Comment

If the angelic visitor is Connor, I totally called it first.

I love this cover, that's one fugly looking demon.

I think it will be nice to return to a smaller cast. This mini-series is four issues, right?

Comment

Yeah I believe it were 4, maybe 5 issues. But Ryall already said that this Angel series will last longer than 25 issues. So maybe another title, or maybe Aftermath will be a bit longer?

Comment

I think it's Kate. Interesting cover - she rocks! Can't wait to see Dez the Werecat. Wonder why they replaced Nina the Werewolf with Dez the Werecat? Too much history between she and Angel?
          -TP<3
          "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
          - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Wow. When did Kate become all ass-kicking? Well, of course I haven't seen much of ATF, so that's probably the answer.

If they let Connor reappear... well, I don't know. Death gets a lot less serious if they all keep returning.
            Sin is what I feast upon
            I'm forging my crematorium
            Your tomb is waiting here for you
            Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

We didn't see it happen, but the idea is that Kate started fighting demons after 'epiphany'. Angel's speech inspired her to start fighting. We saw her only once in ATF.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. Well, we're sort of entering new territory, then.
                Sin is what I feast upon
                Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

My first impression of the cover was that Angel had a Slayer on his team now, which would be awesome! But it's cool too if it's Kate.

Comment

Doesn't he work together with Slayers already, or are there none in his proximity?
                    Sin is what I feast upon
                    Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Bloodsucker, I would highly reccomend reading "After the Fall". It's awesome and pretty full of surprises.

As for your question, Angel is currently fighting alongside three unnamed Slayers. I'd hesitate to say that he works "with" them as we don't know their backstory. It's entirely possible that the reason they're in LA is because Buffy sent them to spy on Angel. They've considered killing Spike more than once. So yeah, there are three Slayers who currently have a common goal with Angel, but it's unknown if they will want to stick around afterwards. Or if they'll even live for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X