Favourite W&H employee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite W&H employee

I do not count team Angel or Darla, just the real W&H characters (and Harmony). I forgot to make it a multi-answer poll *sigh*, so vote for your favourite and tell here who are the other favourites.
    Lindsay
    27.27%
    Lee
    0.00%
    Lilah
    61.82%
    Holland
    5.45%
    Gavin
    0.00%
    Linwood
    0.00%
    Nathan Reed
    0.00%
    Knox
    0.00%
    Hamilton
    0.00%
    Eve
    1.82%
    Harmony
    1.82%
    The Italian CEO
    1.82%
    Another employee
    0.00%
    I don't like any of these characters
    0.00%
    Something else
    0.00%
    Last edited by Nina; 05-01-09, 03:07 PM.

Gotta be Lilah. She could have been boring, one dimensional...but she wasn't. She also never wanted to be good which was fascinating to me. Yet she was always willing to do whatever it takes to be the one at the top and her attraction to Wesley and what she was willing to put up with was another part of her character that I didn't see coming and fascinated me. Just a great character.

Runner up is Lindsey. Again could have been boring or made the true redemption route we are used to seeing, but in the end he chose to be corrupted, yet he did not become one dimensional even once his choice was made. His jealousy of Angel in every avenue (respect, Darla, fighter, etc.) was another great aspect to his character that I really liked as an advisary for Angel. Plus he could sing and play the guitar

Comment

I love the human W&H employees, people who have very human reasons to be evil. They want money and power and have no trouble doing evil (except Lindsay) but they are very human.

And I think that I would've a hard time deciding between Lindsay and Lilah if Lindsay stayed away afterseason 2. He was a bit lame in season 5 (like Angelus, a lame version is still better than lots of others ... but still). Now Lilah had to win because of what Boltmaiden already said; she was never good and never wanted it. I love her character and how incredible strong she was. Also despite her being very evil, she was lovable and sympethic. The bitchy showdown between her and Cordelia is still one of my favourite scenes in season 3.

Second would be Lindsay, I love how he had trouble with being evil but that his greed and lust for power won in the end. Money can fix so many things.

Third is of course Holland, too bad he was replaced by boring and weak characters like Linwood. But how he dealed with Lindsay in 'Blind Date' or his scene with Angel in the elevator, fantastic.
      Last edited by Nina; 05-01-09, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Lilah is top for me, I think there are a lot of layers to her character, on the surface she is a hard nosed cow but underneath I think there is some real emotion. Her relationship with Wesley showed her more human side and I loved that they bought these two together, they don't seem compatible but I think it showed Lilah at her best. She genuinely cares for him and she shows her jealous streak with Fred. One of my favourite Lilah scenes is in Home when Wesley tries to burn her contract, so sad but shows how much he cared for her.

Another scene I love is in Deep Down when she has Linwood's head cut off, it shows her determination for her job and that she is someone not to be messed with. I didn't like Linwood so I had no problem with this

My runners up for employees would be:

Holland Manners - I found him so funny, he just didn't seem to have any compassion in him at all. I think he had some pretty good one liners and I loved the elevator scene with Angel.

Lindsay - I loved how he actually had a conscience, I warmed to his character a lot in Blind Date until he went back to Wolfram and Hart, I was hoping he would join Team Angel but I guess it made it more interesting for him to stay as a bad guy. I loved his arguments with Angel too they were like little kids.
        sigpic

Comment

Lilah is definitely number one. One of the few things I disliked about season 4 was her untimely death. Just when it started to look like Lilah was going to join the fight (for revenge, sure, but joining is joining) and Lilah/Wes was going to get a second chance...bam! Knife to the throat.

Lindsey is second. And I always had a soft spot for Lee, the little weasel.

Comment

Lilah and Lindsay were a couple of wonderfully complicated characters. Although they were bad guys, there was plenty of depth and the feeling that there was some good there, if only they could overcome greed and ambition. Christian and Stephanie gave such marvellously nuanced performances. I'm going to give the edge to Lindsay, simply because there seemed to be a touch more vulnerability there. It's a tough call, though. I'm also fond of Holland Manners, who I always found a bit scary.

Comment

Lindsey, for me, because he developed most. He changes a lot throughout the series, and he left me to wonder more than once if he would choose the side of good or evil in the end.
              Sin is what I feast upon
              I'm forging my crematorium
              Your tomb is waiting here for you
              Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Lilah no question lol. She was the most entertaining employee at W&H. I loved how manipulative they made her. She always had to be on the top no matter what. And she wouldn't take crap from anyone just because she was a woman. She had a lot of funny moments too I liked her relationship with Wesley. I thought that it was nice how she went out of her way for him(dressing up like Fred ). I was sad that she was killed off..she made a good character for the show.

I also liked lindsey of course lol. He had a lot of good moments.
                Last edited by bradyml57; 06-01-09, 05:19 AM.
                Oz: Hey.
                Oz: That girl. Who is she?
                Devon: She's an exchange student. I think she's from South America.
                Oz: No, not her. The Eskimo!

Comment

Lilah.

In my top ten characters of the show, I just love her. I think she's a fantastic character and has very memorable interactions with all the characters, in particular Angel and Wes. I was never a big fan of Lindsey I must say, I much preferred Lilah's approach to her work and how she dealt with Angel. I found Lindsey's jealousy tedious whereas Lilah's rivalry and mocking of what Angel stood for was a more interesting to me.

To be honest I always say Lindsey has rapidly becoming a rather pathetic character, and not the kind I feel sorry for. I think a scene that would best sum up why I prefer one to the other would be the scene in season two where Lindsey and Lilah walk into Lindsey's office to find Darla and Dru sitting at the desk. At one point Darla tells Lindsey that she's in love with him then suddenly explodes into a fit of laughter, along with Dru and yup? Lilah, she found it hilarious. That's what I love about Lilah, Lindsey was so busy in his own messed up complicated world and Lilah was able to take a step back and admire it.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Lilah by far! She was funny, sexy and evil...but also had her human vulnerabilities that made her so interesting. Kudos to Stephanie Romanov, who played this character with so much sass. She's one of my favourite characters on either BtVs or AtS (would be in the top 5).

Lindsey and Holland Manners follow Lilah.

Comment

Lilah every time. I'd hate to work with her (or, heaven forfend, for her) but she's a great character. I loved her relationship with the Carrie-esque girl, too. We got to see a little behind the facade. Ok, some of what's behind that is more facade. But her character makes sense. She's not just mwaha ha ha evil. She's the reality of corporate evil, only with added demons etc. The backstabbing becomes literal. I love the rivalry between her and Lindsey, and that other guy who gets beaten up and then killed after the psychics bust him, I forget his name.

I also love her relationship with Wesley. Hot. Dark. 70 per cent cocoa.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

My vote was for Lindsay. didint have to think about it. I love him the way he is. one side he is this evil, then he is a careing person like in blind date when he helped angel save them kids, or when he got his evil hand he and angel worked together. i like both side's of him. wouldnt have it any other way. lindsay all the way.

Comment

Lilah. I just love her, man! She is a cold, heartless bitch but still, super fascinating to watch and she has so many layers.

Up next is Lindsey. He is also great and Christian Kane did a hell of a job.

Comment

Lilah!

One of my favourite characters in Ats and I really hated it when she died and was replaced with in my opinion was the horrible Eve. She just had so many memorable moments during her encounter in the verse not just with Angel and Wesley, but with her fellow employees at Wolfram and Hart. Ouch I wouldn't want to work in the same company as Lilah at any rate.

One of the things I loved about the character was she was bad and she knew it. When she wanted something she went for it regardless of who or what got in her way. While she's certainly not the type of person I would want to know in real life it certainly makes for good television. A few scenes of Lilah that I loved which just showed how far she was willing to go was the way in which she killed Linwood in front of the entire staff and shot Billy without any problem.

Yes despite this we do get to see signs that Lilah is more than just a 1 dimensional character. We get to see through phone conversations with her mum that there is someone she cares about other than herself even if she likes to pretend otherwise and of course her relationship with Wesley really fleshed the character out. I really love the scene where he tries to destory Lilah's contract so that she may rest in peace home a beautiful one.
                            Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Comment

I think what was so great about Lilah's interaction with her fellow WH employees was that you didn't feel strange or guilty to root for her to hurt the other guy. They're all evil, all corrupt and all out to hurt the other guy, it was great fun to watch Lilah combat that in her own unique way. My favourite scene would probably be when she went "under" Linwood's head and decapitated him in front of the entire meeting. It's fantastic, you don't have to feel bad for Linwood or bad to be rooting for Lilah, it's just fun to see the bad guys be bad to.. well eachother.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Holland Manners every day and twice on Sunday. He was a perfect blend of charm and menace (the latter only reiniforced by the former).

Spoiler:
                                I was very sorry his post-death employment didn't mean he'd still be around
                                because, frankly, Lindsey and Lilah (who I like well enough, don't get me wrong) are screwups and therefore not nearly as interesting or challenging as foes.
                                Cordially,
                                Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
                                Addicted to Buffy

Comment

Originally posted by Amuk View Post
                                  Holland Manners every day and twice on Sunday. He was a perfect blend of charm and menace (the latter only reiniforced by the former).

Spoiler:
                                  I was very sorry his post-death employment didn't mean he'd still be around
                                  because, frankly, Lindsey and Lilah (who I like well enough, don't get me wrong) are screwups and therefore not nearly as interesting or challenging as foes.
                                  You make an interesting point regarding Lindsey and Lilah's repeated failures. It's true they were unsuccessful in most tasks. However, they were thrown into the fire more times. We never saw Holland do much other than be menacing. He'd obviously already survived his trials so I give him credit. However, I imagine Holland screwed up like Lindsey and Lilah or whoever when he was younger.

Lindsey was pretty lame. He didn't know what he wanted and his indecisiveness undermined his character. I'd be close to putting him last except Knox is on that list.

Lilah on the other hand had a lot of promise. In truth, she outsurvived W&H. (W&H luckily could grow another head and resurrect itself). W&H did not kill her whether by building, employee, or failed scheme. It took a "goddess" to kill her. While both Lindsey and Holland and many of the others were lost in their servitude to W&H.

Lilah knew what she wanted. She knew she had compromised herself to get where she was. She had no regrets or at least a wish to change her path. Lilah was strong, determined, crafty, and a survivor.

Holland bought into the world that W&H was selling. He believed in his bleak elevator speech. Lilah was hungry. She sold her soul and was going to squeak every last bit of reward and value out of her trade. Lilah enjoyed the thrill of power and the chase of mysterious secrets. Holland was far too world weary and stuck in the belief he had everything figured out to be very interesting to me.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

This was a hard one for me! Cause I loved Holland Manners and I loved, loved, LOVED Lindsay...but in the end, for me, there's no beating Lilah Morgan.

-Luc
                                    sigpic

"If you're an Angel/Buffy fan, there's a big payoff," - Jeremy Atkins, Darkhorse

Comment

My vote's for Lindsey - #1 Christian Kane is HOTT! (Sorry - but he still is - watch "Leverage"...) #2 Redeemable character - he had potential to do good - see good. He continued to try and see good in Darla. He couldn't help but assist Angel in some situations.
                                      -TP<3
                                      "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                                      - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Without a doubt, Lilah.

Whosoever Shall Call Upon the Name of the Lord Shall Be Saved!

Comment

Working...
                                        X