Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of the Episodes Chosen: What is Your Favorite ATS Episode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of the Episodes Chosen: What is Your Favorite ATS Episode?

Looking around the many boards, there are always the many talked about favorites that pop up. I'm curious,

Out of the ATS episodes Chosen.. the most popular ones that are often most praised, which one is your favorite?

Explain why and list three other episodes that you enjoy.

----

My choice is Lullaby

I think it's because it highlights possibly one of my most favorite relationships on the show and that is Angel and Darla's. You kind of see that there is this depth there and will always be there, wether they are evil or not.

Also it really touched on this interesting issue about Darla and how she felt about her child..Darla knew, that the only reason she cared was because of the child in her and the compassion that touched her at the time made her realize that she didn't want her child harmed. It was a stunner to me, that she would in the end sacrifice herself for her child.

And then to see that Holtz let Angel go away with his son.. you could almost see his wheels turning, that to kill them would be too easy, and you knew bad things were just starting. It was an excellent episode and I was on the edge of my seat.
    City Of..
    0.00%
    I Will Remember You
    12.82%
    Dear Boy
    0.00%
    Darla
    2.56%
    Reunion
    7.69%
    Are You or Have You Ever Been
    10.26%
    Birthday
    0.00%
    Lullaby
    5.13%
    Sleep Tight
    2.56%
    Waiting in the Wings
    2.56%
    Spin the Bottle
    0.00%
    Soulless
    0.00%
    Orpheus
    0.00%
    Magic Bullet
    0.00%
    You're Welcome
    7.69%
    Destiny
    2.56%
    Smile Time
    7.69%
    A Hole in the World
    15.38%
    Not Fade Away
    15.38%
    Other (Explain)
    7.69%
    Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen
    TV Guide: Spike and Buffy #1 Hottest Scene- March 2008

YOU FORGOT A TON! "Reprise"/"Epiphany"? Seriously? Top 5 episodes!

I'm gonna have to agree with Dazzling when I say Lullaby. It was really close, because I love AtS so much, but like Dazzling said, Darla/Angel is an amazing couple that blow me away. The scene on the roof? :eek: Omigod, if Tim Minear tried to a write a more touching scene that that, I would die. Julie Benz is just a freakin' outstanding actress, and I applaud her so damn much in this episode. The scale of this episode was just huge, and the comedy was also there. This was an all around PERFECT episode. My mouth was wide open while I was watching this episode. BLEW ME AWAY. Darla with a soul and her emotions finally coming into play made me so happy and smile. It was a wonderful goodbye to one of the best characters in the Jossverse

My three runner ups in no particular order are....(btw, you forgot some of my all-time favs like "Forgiving", "Calvary", "Salvage", "Inside Out", "Reprise", "Epiphany", etc., but from the eppys you gave, these are the runner-ups)

1. "Reunion" - Darla and Drusilla are badasses, folks. The whole thing was wonderful, from Darla's "birth", the vamps rampage, to the shocking end. Amazing from start to finish.

2. "You're Welcome" - Tearful goodbye to Cordelia, who never should have died. A reminder of how much the writers royally screwed the frak up.

3. "Not Fade Away" - A worthy series finale for the best show ever to be aired on television, IMO. A worthy series finale indeed.

Comment

I know I forgot a ton.
      I'm only allowed 20 options.

I tried to choose a certain amount of episodes from each season and it sucked to have to cut out episodes.

I wanted to add.. 5X5/Sanctuary, Peace Out, Salvage, Epiphany, Forgiving, A New World, The Trial, Damage, Lineage, The Price.. ect..

So many were like some of my most favorites..

THE TRIAL or DAMAGE?! But I was thinking about the amount of episodes per season and the ones that got A LOT of praise so I just picked and choosed. I'm sure some won't agree, but I just picked on what I saw, truthfully I put up some episodes that weren't really my favorites but that I knew some concidered stand out episodes.
      Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen
      TV Guide: Spike and Buffy #1 Hottest Scene- March 2008

Comment

Reprise is my favourite. I love the whole episode (well I'm less excited about the Gunn/Cordy/Wes story, but still). I love how you have the feeling that Angel is finally close to hurting W&H and when that doesn't work out it such a depressing episode. But it's beautifully done, especially the scene in the elevator and the scene after it when Angel walks around completly empty and desperate. And of course the scene with Darla where he throws her through the doors from glass and you know the sex after that. Everytime I watch that episode, I can feel the desperation.

runners up;

2. Lullaby

3. Not Fade Away

4. Reunion

5. Forgiving

6. Are You or Have You Ever Been

7. Epiphany

(minus NFA, they are all written by Tim Minear ... god I love his writing)

Comment

Are You Now or Have You Ever Been? happens to my my all-time favorite Angel episode so I chose that one. I just love the 50s. We learn about about Angel's character. His decision to allow the demon to feed on the hotel residents foreshadow his decision later in the season to allow Darla and Drusilla to eat the Wolfram & Hart lawyers. Both times Angel desides that the humans in jeopardy aren't worth saving. Another example of Angel making his own "morality" - not adhering to a set of clear cut moral guidelines like Buffy does. I also just love all of the costumes and of course what the title refers too.
          Every Slayer has a death wish. Even you.
          ?I think it?s the title of the show. Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It?s like a line in the sand. And unless you appreciate irony and are somewhat sophisticated you?re not going to watch that show.?
          - James Marsters

Comment

This is really tough because there are quite a few 5 star episodes listed but I have gone with Sleep Tight I love this episode because it is IMO the most emotional episode of Angel. I loved Dad Angel and when HOltz takes Connor I really feel Angel's pain. I also think DB does a brilliant job of showing the pain here.

Runners up for me would be Not Fade Away, Orpheus and Smile time
            sigpic

Comment

This is also tough, I went with Darla. Everything about this episode is perfect, the story, the acting, the wardrobe. It?s all wonderful, as they tell us Darla is starting to feel her soul and how her and Angel are more connected than ever.

Runner-ups
              Reprise
              Ephipany
              Dear Boy
              Reunion

Comment

Ack, here go the incredibly hard choices again, because liek with Buffy I have loads of favourite episodes. Picked A Hole in the World this time, though it's really a hard choice, with Not Fade Away, Destiny and some others of Season 5 (my favourite), as well as Darla, Lullaby, Orpheus, In the Dark, I will remember you, The Ring (yes, I particularly like that one for some reason)... and regularly I'm not sure which was the title of one particular episode containing one particular event because I watched most of them just once until now.
                Sin is what I feast upon
                I'm forging my crematorium
                Your tomb is waiting here for you
                Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

I chose other: Reprise. An AMAZING piece of television. I grow to appreciate it more and more with every rewatch.

Comment

You're welcome is my favourite episode. It's Cangel on it's top and a good and very tearfull goodbye to Cordy. I can't see that ep without crying.

Comment

I chose Reprise, but with more thought I think Shells is actually my favourite. It's a lot harder to pick a fave with Angel than Buffy.

Comment

Waiting in the Wings. The power of Joss is high.
                        You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

Goodness this was a hard choice, there are so many on this list that I love. I decided today on Reunion. It was just fabulous from beginning to end. I think that episode is a great example of how great the show and the character Angel is. And as I have said many times when Angel locks those lawyers in with Darla and Dru...and Dru says "Daddy?" Just AMAZING.

Runners up: City of..., IWRY, and Lullaby

But there are so many more...seriously my runners up will probably be different if i were to come back tomorrow and choose

Comment

This is a really tough one. I went with "I Will Remember You", probably because I'm a Bangel fan. But I also love love love "Your Welcome". Both episodes always make me cry at the end. But I thought that IWRY had more feeling to it than YW. The ending scene in IWRY is seriously phenomenal..when Buffy cries and Angel holds her in his arms is my favorite moment out of both of the series. I like how we get back to Cordelia's bitch side in YW she was becoming to soft . I like her better that way, and this is about the only episode that I felt that the bond between Angel and Cordelia was there. Its powerful enough to make up for all the other eps though What always disappoints me about this episode is that they don't show Cordelia passing the visions to Angel during their kiss. It was probably a last minute idea or they were keeping it a secret, but it definitely would have been an extraordinary thing to do
                            Oz: Hey.
                            Oz: That girl. Who is she?
                            Devon: She's an exchange student. I think she's from South America.
                            Oz: No, not her. The Eskimo!

Comment

I went with "I Will Remember You" because I love the B/Aness of it, but there are SO many good episodes for many different reasons.

My favorite ever flashback ep was "Are you now or have you ever been" and the funniest ep ever, imo, was "Smile Time".

Hmm...may be time for a rewatch of the series from start to finish. *g*

-Luc
                              sigpic

"If you're an Angel/Buffy fan, there's a big payoff," - Jeremy Atkins, Darkhorse

Comment

I?m actually rewatching it now. Just finished season 2 on Tuesday and can I just say that I love it more and more with each viewing. This way it?s harder and harder to choose memorable episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X