Nina as an important character [SPOILERS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nina as an important character [SPOILERS]

How closer we get to the finale, how bigger the chance is that Nina will get a bigger role in the story. Especially now Kelley Armstrong -who is well known for stories about werewolfs- will write the Angel comics.

But when I look around on the net, I see a gigantic dislike for the character Nina. I can understand why people are not very interested in her (yet?), it's not like she is fleshed out or developed. But many people want her dead or pity her as a person, which is in the most cases a bad start for a character. I'm curious how that will work out.

But most of all, I don't understand the big hate for the character. Her relation with Angel is nowhere near the twu wuv 4-ever to piss off die hard shippers. What did she wrong that so many fans don't like her? Maybe somebody who doesn't like her can explain that to me?
    I like her and I'm curious where her story is going.
    43.48%
    I'm not very interested in her but I want to hear more about her.
    21.74%
    I don't care about the character and really don't need her in the story.
    26.09%
    I dislike Nina a lot and hope she goes away soon.
    8.70%
    Something else
    0.00%
    Nina
    and her haircut.
    Last edited by Nina; 19-12-08, 04:36 PM.

I can't speak for anyone else but I thought her introduction was terrible in season 5. This new love for Angel came way too fast for Angel after Cordy died, I mean I am not a Cangel fan by any means and I thought the hookup was disrespectful to them as a pair. So I wonder if that hurt her for a lot of fans? I am only speculating obviously and I actually don't hate her, I just don't feel a lot for her and wish her relationship with Angel was either done a little later or a more tactful (spell?) way. Does that make sense?

Angel really does seem to have a thing for blonds though...I mean Dru and Cordy are the exceptions we have seen as far as his women go.

I think Nina has potential (can Oz make an appearance to help her out with being a werewolf?) She is a good person and is willing to fight the good fight and I do want to have female representation in Angel's story...so, I'm cautously optimistic?

Comment

Originally posted by Boltmaiden View Post
      I can't speak for anyone else but I thought her introduction was terrible in season 5. This new love for Angel came way too fast for Angel after Cordy died, I mean I am not a Cangel fan by any means and I thought the hookup was disrespectful to them as a pair. So I wonder if that hurt her for a lot of fans? I am only speculating obviously and I actually don't hate her, I just don't feel a lot for her and wish her relationship with Angel was either done a little later or a more tactful (spell?) way. Does that make sense?
      I think you have a point here, but I don't agree with it. Because Angel was already flirting a bit with Nina (she gave him the look) in Unleashed. I think that he lived so long without Cordelia that her very short return didn't change so much. But I can understand why some people don't like it.
      Nina
      and her haircut.
      Last edited by Nina; 19-12-08, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I have no idea what it's like in the comics, but in Season 5 I sort of felt Nina was, while certainly being a girl Angel liked, more of a casual relationship - not quite the "convenient shag" kind Spike has with Harmony, but a nice, welcome distraction, someone to spend some time with, someone Angel certainly cared about, but not a true love affair.
        So, I don't care about the character much, but I don't mind if Angel has something going on with her - as long as it doesn't go all "one true love" - except if the authors of the comics manage to sell that convincingly, of course, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

But yes, I'd like to know more about her.
        Sin is what I feast upon
        I'm forging my crematorium
        Your tomb is waiting here for you
        Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Working...
        X