Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was The Biggest Surprise on ATS For You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Was The Biggest Surprise on ATS For You?

What Was the Biggest Surprise on ATS For You?

Vote on the Poll. And List a few runner ups.
    Doyle's Death
    0.00%
    Wolfram and Heart Bringing Darla Back
    2.33%
    Dru Returning and Siring Darla
    4.65%
    Angel Having Sex with Darla
    2.33%
    Finding Out Darla was Pregnant with Angel's Child
    27.91%
    Darla Killing Herself to Allow Connor to Be Born
    0.00%
    Wesley's Betrayal and Holtz's Taking Connor
    4.65%
    Connor Returning as a Grown Up and Hating Angel
    0.00%
    Holtz's Death and Connor Sinking Angel at the Bottom of the Ocean
    4.65%
    Wesley and Lilah's Sexual Relationship
    0.00%
    Connor and Cordelia Having Sex
    9.30%
    Cordelia Killing Lilah
    16.28%
    Cordelia Being the "Big Bad" And Being Pregnant with Jasmine
    4.65%
    Angel and Company Taking Over Wolfram and Heart
    2.33%
    Spike Returning as a Ghost
    0.00%
    Lindsay's Return
    0.00%
    Angel and Spike: Fighting Over Their Past, Their Destinies and The Shanshu
    2.33%
    Fred's Death and Illyiah Taking Over Her Body
    11.63%
    Wesley's Death
    6.98%
    Other (Explain)
    0.00%
    Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen
    TV Guide: Spike and Buffy #1 Hottest Scene- March 2008

Chron order:

My first "gasp" moment came with the Darla reveal at the end of Season 1.

Angel locking the Wolfram & Hart lawyers in with Darla and Dru was great. (This was the moment that hooked me into the show.)

Connor dropping Angel into the ocean was the first thing about the show that I just couldn't fathom (pun).

Angel and Connor bowing to Jasmine for the first time.

Harmony as Angel's secretary was just so perfect for the feel of the season.

Wesley's death was not something I expected at all.

Spoiler:
    Wesley showing up in ATF #1 was one of those Joss things that you should have expected but didn't.

Gunn as a vampire for the same reason as Wesley coming back.

Angel is human!
    Last edited by hawkedup; 16-12-08, 11:52 PM.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Easy, Darla's big baby bump in season 3. I mean, what can top a pregnant vampire?

Second would be the reveal that Cordelia was the master of the beast.

Third is Cordelia's death in You're Welcome. I'm a softy and did the dance of joy the whole episode because Cordy was back and it never hit me that it could be nothing more than a goodbye.

and if we're not about the big dramatic reveals;
      Angel singing Mandy, worse ... Angel loving Mandy.

if ATF is also counting;

Spoiler:
      The end of issue 3 where Angel says that he is no longer a vampire. I mean WHOAH!
      Last edited by Nina; 16-12-08, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Everything in Sleep Tight .. Damn.

So Yeah. Wesley's Betrayal, His Throat Being Slit, Holtz Taking Connor.

I mean Season Three Just Kept Topping itself for me.

Runner Ups:

1. Dru revamping Dying Darla , Angel leaving the lawyers to die and firing the gang. (Reunion is one of my most favorite episodes)

2. Fred's Death/Illyria taking over her body. Kudos to Amy because I think that was the best storyline for her ever and it was actually like she was two different characters totally. That shocked the hell out of me and I was enthralled with the whole thing. Especially the Fred/Wesley/Illyria aspects.

3. Darla showing up pregnant for the obvious reasons. I was like "huhhh.."

Season 5 is definitly one of my favorite seasons. But I'm very wishy washy on wether season 2 or 3 are my next favorite.. just cause I love the Darla/Dru/Dark Angel arch in Season 2.. but the episodes in between weren't my favorites. And I loved Season 3's Darla/Connor/Angel storyline but did get overwhelmed with some of Connor brooding and the transformation is Cordelia.. from a person who gets visions to someone who trancends.. I wasn't liking that..

So I go back and forth on what season I prefer. But they both definitly have those solid arcs that I adore.

Most of the time I feel like my favorite episode(s) "Lullaby" and "Sleeptight" are in Season 3, yet I probably prefer season 2 the more.
        Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen

Comment

Definitely preggy-Darla. Though Doyle is still a close second.
          You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

For me, it was Cordy killing Lilah that shot me right up off the couch! I really, really didn't see that one coming!

Wes's betrayal and Darla killing herself neck & neck for 2nd place - I was WTF?! Since when has Darla cared about anything more than her life? And Wes screwing Angel over.......didn't see that coming either!
            sigpic

Comment

Cordy killing Lilah was good.

What was Cordy's line when she ran into Lilah.. Why do you think I let him out bitch.. something like that, then stabbed her.

Again it was the "huhhh" factor.

Comment

The one I picked is linked in with my favorite shock of the Series. It was Angel trying to kill Wesley in the Hospital. but other ones were The 3 Deaths from season 5. and the Scene where angel locks the Vamps in with the Laywers
                sigpic

Comment

Darla's return.
                  I was sort of spoiled about Connor already, so it wasn't that much of a surprise moment for me.
                  Oh, and Wesley's abduction of Connor.
                  Sin is what I feast upon
                  I'm forging my crematorium
                  Your tomb is waiting here for you
                  Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Cordelia killing Lilah!
                    I remember i just couldn't get that together. I love Cordelia, and she's a really good human how can she be the big bad? I was really suprised and confused.

Comment

Originally posted by skinless View Post
                      The one I picked is linked in with my favorite shock of the Series. It was Angel trying to kill Wesley in the Hospital. but other ones were The 3 Deaths from season 5. and the Scene where angel locks the Vamps in with the Laywers

I think that is one of my top ten all time favorite DB preformances. At first you think Angel is going to be all forgiving and bam he totally loses it and tries to kill Wesley. And it was so out of control and you knew things had just changed forever.

Season 5 was one of the best because it just seemed to be more standalone but it rolled in the emotional punches. I loved the Spike/Angel stuff, and the Fred/Illryia storyline, Wes's death, Gunn's transformation. Cordy's return and the surprise of her death. Woah. Just to see all these consequences because they went to W&H, it slowly ate away at the group.

And dark Angel in season 2. Darla, The Trial , Reunion and Epiphany are a few of my most favorite episodes.

Comment

Dru siring Darla. I was so shocked when I saw that for the first time and it still hits me pretty hard.

Wesley and Lilah?s sexual relationship.
                        Darla killing herself to give birth to Connor
                        Fred dying and giving form to Illyria

Comment

Cordy killing Lilah

I think I've given a big explanation as to why on another very similar thread...

Comment

Fun thread!

Okay I voted for Pregnant Darla...I never saw that coming
                            I still remember that my mother and I were watching it and were laughing about how that guy was going to die and then she stood up. I think both my mom and I gasped and said what? Or wow (can't remember exactly but it took me a couple of minutes to get over the intial shock to start talking about with my mom

IWRY shocked me when he became human and then I knew my Bangel heart was in for a fun rollercoaster ride.

Doyle's death shocked me a little but for a long time I was in denial, I kept believing they would bring him back because this was the verse' and that's what you do. So even though I was very upset that he died, I just always figured somehow we would see him again...then I heard about Glenn dying

Darla being brought back was another gasp moment for me as was Dru gliding in to re-sire Darla. I just went "Oh no."

Angel closing off the lawyers with Darla and Dru- as I have said before I was shocked that he actually did it, and I was also cheering him on the whole time.

And third times the charm for Darla (love her) when she staked herself...again I gasped, I never saw it coming.

Angel trying to kill Wesley...spoke many times about that one. The hatred on Angel's face, breaks my heart everytime.

Cordy killing Lilah...so cold and telling us she let Angelus out.

There are others but I think those are all the really big ones.

Comment

Two I have to mention....I voted for Lilah's death.

1) CORDY KILLING LILAH! Dude, she was running, and I wasn't worried, cause Lilah is badass and can take Angelus on any day, and when Cordy caught her, I was confused, cause Cordy was acting weird, and then when Cordy stabbed her in the neck :eek: My eyes widened, my heart started beating quickly, and I almost fell off the couch. What an amazing shock!

2) Darla being pregnant. I did NOT in any way, shape, or form see that coming!

Comment

although there were a lot of suprises for me, maybe the most of all was when darla got pregnant, because i've never thought of vampires getting children...
                                'I've seen some horrors, scary behavior... and a couple of fashion trends I constantly pray to forget'

Angel
                                Untouched

Comment

Definitely the Darla pregancy. That was the only thing where my reaction was UM BZUHWHATNOW?

Comment

Working...
                                  X