Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was Your Favorite Storyline or Plot Point in a Storyline on ATS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Was Your Favorite Storyline or Plot Point in a Storyline on ATS?

What Was Your Favorite Storyline or Favorite Plot Point in a Storyline on ATS

Vote in the Poll and then Choose three Runner Ups.
    The Learning of the Shanshu Prophesy
    5.56%
    Faith's Journey of Redemption on the Show
    5.56%
    Wolfram and Heart bring Darla Back as Human and She's Dying
    8.33%
    Cordelia Recieving Visions and Eventually That Power Having Consquences
    8.33%
    Dru Siring Darla and Angel Going Dark
    22.22%
    The Pyleah Storyline and Bringing Back Fred
    0.00%
    Darla is Pregnant with Angel's Child, Leading her to Sacrifice Herself
    5.56%
    Angel and Cordelia's Relationship Teeter-Totters on Friendship/Romance
    2.78%
    Holtz's Revenge on Angel. Wesley Betrays Angel. Connor is Taken
    8.33%
    Wesley/Lilah/Gunn/Fred Quad
    0.00%
    Cordelia Returns, Cordelia/Connor Create "Jasmine". Cordelia is the Big Bad
    2.78%
    Angelus is Brought Back to Help with the Beast.
    2.78%
    Jasmine is Defeated, Angel Gives Connor a Normal Life, Wiping out the Memory of Him
    2.78%
    Angel and Gang Join Wolfram and Heart.
    0.00%
    Spike Returns as a Ghost, Lindsay Returns.
    0.00%
    Spike and Angel: Comrades, Enemies: Looking at their Past and Present
    16.67%
    Fred dies, Illyria takes over her Body
    8.33%
    Gunn's Brain Gets an Upgrade with Consequences
    0.00%
    The Circle of the BlackThorn Fight: Wesley Dies, Lindsay Dies, ect..
    0.00%
    Other (Explain)
    0.00%
    Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen
    TV Guide: Spike and Buffy #1 Hottest Scene- March 2008

Hard, but I think that the Darla-arc is my favourite;

Dear Boy, Darla, The Trial, Reunion, Redefinition, Reprise & Epiphany are beautiful episodes. It's such an amazing thing to see Angel's depression and Darla finally becoming a good and beautiful character. It has chilling moments like Angel putting Darla & Dru on fire, Dru biting Darla, Angel locking the lawyers up with Darla and Drusilla, Angel and Holland in the elevator, the sex scene, the morning after and the speech. The acting is great and I wished that some episodes (like Blood Money and Happy Anniversery) were not included because they broke the great flow, And that's my only problem with this arc, the almost random episodes in between.

Second would be the arc around Wesley kidnapping Connor. The end of Couplet - Forgiving.

Third is the arc around Connor's birth with Holtz and Darla returning and Darla's death.

Fourth is the arc with Angelus & Faith, Soulless - Orpheus. Angelus was lame the moment he got out of his cage, but a lame Angelus is still a great bad guy and Faith was a very welcome return.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Beast arc early in Season 4. I truly believe that the first half (when watched all together) of Season 4 is the best television that I've ever seen. So that's my number 1, closely followed behind the Illyria story arc at the end of Season 5. Then I'd go with the season 3 Darla (Pregnant Darla) story arc leading directly into the Holtz arc.

I was not a fan of the Angel Investigations without Angel arc that happened in season 2 and since it was happening at the same time/because of the second Darla arc (Darla had three seperate arcs: Human Darla, Vamp Darla, Pregnant Darla) it took away from it a bit.
      "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Comment

I tried to make the poll up of plot points of the storylines throughout the seasons, if you over all just love one entire storyline, just say so in the thread and try to vote for your most favorite part of the storyline.

And then you can list your other favorite parts.

Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen

Comment

Definitely Holtz. It's one of my favorite storylines on any Whedon show/creation. Just love the drama and pure mastery of that plot.
          You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

Had to go with Angel & Spike - Everything about Spike's return in S5 is awesome - The Shanshu issue, the Buffy issue - the flashbacks - everything!
            sigpic

Comment

I liked the Darla arc and the Beast arc a lot, but my favourite was Angel and Spike working together as companions in arms and at the same time rivals - well, those two are my favourite characters, so it should be fairly obvious.
              Sin is what I feast upon
              I'm forging my crematorium
              Your tomb is waiting here for you
              Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

I'm going with Holtz's Death, Wes's Betrayal and Connor being Taken

That whole thing was just I think some of the most shocking stuff they did. Dark and surprising and "Woah I can't believe they went there."

Lullabye and Sleeptight, and Forgiveness are a few of my favorite episodes.

Runner's Up:

Spike/Angel's Relationship in Season 5
                Fred/Illyria in Season 5
                Dru/Darla/Dark Angel in Season 2

Comment

This is hard!

I think I have to go with Nina, Darla's whole journey on Ats was just fabulous for both her character and Angel's. Angel goes through so much during her appearances that I have to say that is my favorite...should I say ongoing storyline? And seriously some of the best lines come from this storyline such as:

God doesn't want you, but I still do.

Somehow I just can't seem to care.

Angel, this baby is the only good thing we've ever done together...you make sure to tell him that.

---

I know I am one of the few but I really enjoyed the Pylea Arc. I found a lot of it hilarious and hey, it's where we get Fred so how can it be so terrible?

Comment

I didn?t know which to choose.

Dru Siring Darla and Angel Going Dark

or

Wolfram and Heart bring Darla Back as Human and She's Dying

I chose the second one cause we have more Lindsey *_*
                    What is so great about normal?

Comment

I chose Fred dying and Illyria taking over her body. It really just took S5 to another level of greatness. Such great acting in this part of the series as well, we get to see Amy Acker in a whole new light and she's even more talented than I thought.

It was really hard to pick between that and Darla's arc. Her involvement in season 2 was so brilliant but it annoyed me how it was cut short and there were a couple of crappy episodes interrupting the arc.

Comment

Agreed, that truly was some amazing acting. And if you watch The Girl in Question, you actualy see the switches between Fred and Illyria without a switch of form, which I found truly awesomely acted.
                        Last edited by Bloodsucker; 22-12-08, 08:07 PM. Reason: typo
                        Sin is what I feast upon
                        I'm forging my crematorium
                        Your tomb is waiting here for you
                        Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Although I doubt the writers thought that far ahead when they were writing 'The Trial' (but you never know with Joss), I loved how they wove the Angel-won-a-life bit into the Jasmine/Cordy arc and justified Connor's birth. Aside from that, I loved the build-up to the Beast arc in Season Four.

In my opinion, one of the best plot points on the show was probably Drusilla coming into the picture to sire Darla. I thought that was simply brilliant.
                          Banner and avatar by Nina

Comment

Cordelia getting the visions were a favourite because it allowed her to grow as a person and become a champion, although I?m not a fan of her becoming half-demon or her role in S4.

Runner-ups:
                            Darla getting sired by Dru and Angel going dark
                            Fred dying and giving way to Illyria
                            Darla getting pregnant and sacrificing herself
                            Wes/Lilah

Comment

Working...
                            X