The team is seeking a new member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The team is seeking a new member.

We don't know how many members of the team will survive, nor do we know who will die. This makes my question maybe a bit difficult but I ask it anyway;

What for a character do you want to join the team?
    (male/female, demon/human/slayer, a new face or an old face (who?), sweet and caring/sharp, people person/loner etc.)

I would love to have a non powered human in the team, preferable female because the team in in need of women and because we already have Nina (well probably) I think that it's interesting to have a character with a personality that looks a bit like Faith or early Cordelia. I do want it to be a new character.

And if the team is so small after their return;

A man, also human. Maybe a bit of a mystery but also calm. Maybe some kind of warlock?

Here's who I want to survive:

Angel (as a human)
    Spike
    Illyria
    Connor
    Groo
    Nina

To that, since that team would be heavy on power but short on knowledge or magical skill, I'd like to see:

A female Watcher, or otherwise a woman with a heavy demonology background and knowledge of the arcane.

A Witch (maybe Amy, on a redemption kick!).

Comment

Yeah, the team needs more females. Fred, Cordy and Gwen are dead, Illyria is a giant tentacle thing and Harmony is nowhere in sight. Nina's really the only regular female character left.

It's interesting to note that team Buffy seems pretty unbalanced too. We've got Xander and Andrew as the only regular guys, versus four major female characters and a ton of minor female characters.

Another patern I've noticed in the shows is that with each season, the cast seems to get more superpowered characters and less human ones.

In season 1 of Buffy we've got Buffy and Angel as the only supernatural characters, and everyone else (Xander, Willow, Giles, Cordelia) was a normal human.

Season one of Angel, we had Angel and Doyle as the only supernatural characters and everyone else was a normal human (Wesley, Cordelia, Kate).

I wanna see more normal people. Not everybody needs to be superpowered. Jerry was an interesting character while being a normal human.

Comment

A slayer would be cool. Maybe one that we've never seen before? I'd hope she'd be different than anybody else we've seen. As for being human vs not being human... Even the non human characters are very human to me. I understand, though, not wanting someone else who is so powerful. Hm... Though I do agree that there should be another female. How about Anne?
        "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Personally I would love to see Kate again in the team. We know that she is fighting. She is human, knows how to fight and will probably fit in the team pretty well.

Comment

I never really liked Kate during her stint on the show. It was good to see her in the Connor First Night story, but I don't think she should come back as a regular. If they are going to add someone to the team, I'd rather it be a new person. That's why I hope that Spider and Beta George not only make it through ATF but play roles in Aftermath and beyond as well.
            "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by hawkedup View Post
              A slayer would be cool. Maybe one that we've never seen before? I'd hope she'd be different than anybody else we've seen. As for being human vs not being human... Even the non human characters are very human to me. I understand, though, not wanting someone else who is so powerful. Hm... Though I do agree that there should be another female. How about Anne?

I really like the idea of Anne, nice idea hawkedup! She would be someone we had seen before but wasn't around a bunch so there is still a lot we could learn about her. And think about how much she grew from being one of those people in that pretend vampire crypt to running a shelter. I think it would be interesting to see her kick some butt. Plus her reaction to Spike might be a fun one since he did try to kill her all those years ago. (They haven't met right? Anne wasn't in season 5...right?)

Comment

She was in NFA but she only met Gunn in that episode.

Comment

Definiately need a new female character! Strong, independent, with Giles/Wesley-like "powers". It would also be nice to have some new "power" on the block as well - maybe a witch! Yeah! I think a witch would be an excellent choice for a new character!
                  -TP<3
                  "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                  - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

How about a former Coven member with vast Watcher knowledge? Certainly a useful addition.
                    Sin is what I feast upon
                    I'm forging my crematorium
                    Your tomb is waiting here for you
                    Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

I think adding another Watcher-like person would be too... formulaic. Even more interesting if Angel and Co. had to do their own research.

Comment

Are there any books left? W&H went kaboom. I guess that it wouldn't be the first time if the books made a miracle return. But I agree, it would be great to see the team research on their own without Wes or Fred. Lorne, Spike and Angel know already a lot. Only the non human languages are maybe a problem.

If Angel becomes a vampire again, the team is in terrible need of some non super powered people. Even Nina has super senses (not that I count her as a super powered character). In that case I want an extra non powered person in the group. It would be interesting if it was an older person.

Comment

Working...
                        X