The best relationship that NEVER happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best relationship that NEVER happened

There's a similar topic in the buffy section, about the three best relationships in the series, so i was wondering... who in ATS should have been a couple?

1. Fred/Angel: She was into him, he not so much, but I think they would have been great together! He always cares a lot about her and probably in season 5 she's the one he shares the strongest bond with...

2. Angel/Lilah: The good guy and the bad girl? Would have been perfect! I always thought there was chemistry between the two of them... And Lilah actually seems to dig Angel since she snogs him when he switches body with the old perv.

3. Gunn/Eve: Am I the only one who sees potential in this couple? In the beginning of season 5, I thought that Gunn was betraying the Fang Gang and having an affair with Eve... Boy was i wrong.

4. Harmony/Lorne: Too bad Lorne is gay. (He is gay, right? I'm still not sure!)
    What? You?ve taught a psycho killer demon how to be human by making him watch Sex and the City?

1.02 Never been kissed OUT NOW/ 1.03 Damned by the bell COMING SOON

Lorne was also hitting on Cordelia but I think that he is a-sexual. If not, I feel bad for him and his zero romances.

The question of this thread is a difficult one, Ats was never a romance heavy show and I never felt the urge to ship couples. So only numbers 1 & 2 are something I would love to see, the others are just for the fun.

1. Faith/Wesley; Can you imagine the hotness? They were an amazing duo and deserved way more time.

2. Angel/Kate; well it looked for a long time that they went that way and I would like to see how that would've turned out.

3. Groo & Harmony; they balance eachother out and are both very annoying in their own pleasant way. And nobody makes me believe that Harmony wouldn't dig being treated as a princess.

4. Lilah/Lindsay; those two were made for eachother.

I always shipped Angel/Gwen as well, they were fun together. But after Gwonner I can't do that anymore ...
    Last edited by Nina; 05-12-08, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Faith/Wesley-a good combination-might have happened but Eliza Dushku didn't want to do a Faith spinoff because she was worried about stereotyping, instead she did Tru Calling, she was very good, the show wasn't. Wesley needed grey-Faith understood falling on your face and going on anyway-Fred was too morally righteous for Wesley- it never would have worked in the long run.
      Fred/Lorne-there is actually a fanfic on Wesleyfanfiction.net that deals with Wesley and Fred getting married with Fred cheating on Wesley with Lorne, and Wesley cheating on Fred with Faith. Lorne was most likely bi- but did call Fred the girl he loved in Angel 5. Fred actually had more chemistry with Lorne than Gunn or Wesley. Guess Josh thought we were not ready for a demon/human love affair.

Comment

Lorne and Fred would be weird together - they were perfect as just really great friends. I like the idea of Groo and Harmony though. It would've been cool to see him pop up at some stage in season 5.

Comment

Faith and Gunn would have been a good match. They had good on screen chemistry the short time they had together. They are both strong and tough people.

This would require a crossover but Conner and Dawn. They both came in to the world in a strange way. And had long term bouts with whinnyness. And both got over them in the last year of their shows.

Cannot think of another one. The ones I wanted already happened.
          ===Quote of the day===
          "To read makes our speaking English good"

Xander

Comment

Actually I always adored Lorne and Fred! But then again, Lorne never felt very demony to me. His humanity was so prevalent that I would sort of forget he was a demon, despite his appearance.

I also liked Gunn and Gwen. I always thought "Players" was an under appreciated ep.
            sigpic
            follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I watched players today. But Gunn is a good guy and Gwen is not. I think that would be a huge roadblock.

Definite chemistry though
              ===Quote of the day===
              "To read makes our speaking English good"

Xander

Comment

Faith/Wes: woulda been pure dysfunctional hotness. Wes is always at his best when he's with women he slightly hates and who might kill him.

Faith/Angel: They have such a strong connection that romance seems like the next logical step.

Connor/Buffy: What? Why are you looking at me like that?

Andrew/Anya: They actually had very good chemistry. Their interactions is some of the only evidence that Andrew is bi rather than gay.

Spike/Angel: Alright, it happened that one time but...can you imagine Buffy's reaction?

Comment

Faith/Wesley: I just think they have chemistry, and seeing Wesley being badass is just cool and a turn-on (I have a crush on dark Wesley). Really, those two could stir up a lot.

And what is all that talk about Lorne being gay? Where did you take that conclusion?

Comment

Spike/Fred - I loved their scenes together in 'Hellbound.' A close friendship was developed very quickly between the characters and I think that there was sufficient chemistry for a little romance.

Comment

I forgot about that one! Spike & Fred were amazing together. (it would be better if Fred wouldn't fall in love with every man on the show, but still.)

Comment

Definitely Faith/Wesley. To my mind they had such potential. (I guess maybe the writers didn't want to do that to maintain Watchers in general as a sort of a father figure?).
                        sigpic
                        banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

For me, I would have loved Faith & Spike! Not 'cause of the slayer/vamp dynamic, but from the POV of their personalities - they both have so much passion and drive, it would have been very interesting to explore! They would be like TNT in a bottle!
                          sigpic

Comment

Fred/Spike! I could I forget that! In Hellbound they had so much chemistry... I think that Fred, and then Illyria, is the person with whom Spike shares the deepest bond.
                            What? You?ve taught a psycho killer demon how to be human by making him watch Sex and the City?

Comment

1) Angel/Faith: Amazing chemistry in both their sexual scenes (they were Frenching in Enemies, to hear Eliza Dushku tell it) and their dramatic scenes (most notably Five by Five and Sanctuary). I'm a sucker for redemption stories, and from that respect, Angel's influence made Faith a much much more worthy and likable person, which Buffy had repeatedly failed to achieve in the past.

2) Wesley/Faith: What everyone else has said.

3) Lindsey/Lilah: As much as I adore Wesley/Lilah, and as much as I'm convinced that Lindsey's One True Love is Angel (*g*)... wouldn't this have been greatly interesting, too? They're so alike and so different.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Fun thread! Okay I seem to be big on all things Fred which has to be a testament to Amy's chemistry with her male costars because I would have loved to see a Fred/Angel or Fred/Spike relationship.

Also Faith/Wesley would have been fascinating to watch unfold, so much heart ache and forgiveness...betrayal and abuse...It would have been great to actually see Faith in a relationship that may have actually led to love...I just think it would have done wonders for her character to see someone she hurt so badly end up falling in love with her and forgiving her...it may have helped Wes immensely as well to be able to get to that point and see the change in Faith.

But then again it would come down to how Joss and the rest wanted it to play out...maybe I am thinking way overboard.

More of Gunn and Gwen for me please...I just really enjoyed them in their brief time together and every scene they had together.

Uh...did anyone ever think that Cordy and Gunn would have been hot early on?

Cordy and Doyle...I wish I could of seen them on a date, I just think it would have been sweet...and hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by XavierZane View Post
                                  Spike/Angel: Alright, it happened that one time but...can you imagine Buffy's reaction?
                                  Judging from her oil remark in "Chosen", she might appreciate it.

Angel/Gwen might have been sparky (in a very literal sense ) though I doubt it would hve had much future. Rather Angel/Faith, if any of the never-happening relationships. There was definitely some "potential closeness" there; I think this could have worked.

Whatever makes you claim Lorne is gay? We never learn what his sexual orientation is.
                                  Sin is what I feast upon
                                  I'm forging my crematorium
                                  Your tomb is waiting here for you
                                  Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Whatever makes you claim Lorne is gay? We never learn what his sexual orientation is.
                                    I don't know. I always assumed he was. But as I said, I'm not sure. I thought they never showed his love-life because it was too scandalous... But maybe he didn't have a love-life 'cause he's so green. Poor Lorney-Tunes.
                                    Anyway, I also thought about Cordelia/Gunn... But the couple who really should've lasted longer than a kiss was Angel/Gwen... Why did they drop that story?

Comment

Lorne's love-life more scandalous that Buffy/Spike? Yikes, Lorne.

Comment

I don't find it scandalous personally but you know... Here in Italy all the kissing scenes between Tara and Willow were cut out (and Italy's supposed to be a civilized country... They even cut out all the kissing scenes from Brokeback Mountain when they showed it in TV! I'm so pissed off!)... Maybe the network didn't want to show a gay green demon doing the dirties...

Comment

Working...
                                        X