Your Angel songs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Angel songs?

If you where ganna burn a cd of songs that made you think of angel what would they be and why?

Also has anyone have heard of songs mixed with lines from ANgel?

I just listened to the angel song vamp of constant sorrow by the great luke ski. Funny song!lol

Angel? It's a mix between Robert J. Kral, a lot of VAST songs, a fair amount of electronic music and various disco diva, oldies and big band hits courtesy of Lorne and Angel.

That is usually what I think of when I'm going through the different tracks (I have a collection of them on my computer from both shows).

Buffy is heavy on the alternative rock, '90s-'00s easy listening and Christophe Beck.

If there's one song from either show whose lyrics pretty much sum up what happens in the shows... "You Always Hurt The One You Love" by the Mills Brothers is probably the winner.
    Last edited by NileQT87; 27-11-08, 08:56 AM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
    "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Testing.

Testing.
      Every Slayer has a death wish. Even you.
      ?I think it?s the title of the show. Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It?s like a line in the sand. And unless you appreciate irony and are somewhat sophisticated you?re not going to watch that show.?
      - James Marsters

Comment

My favorite from the actual Angel soundtrack that sums up the show for me in one glorious package is 'Touched' by Vast. God I love that one!

As for sound mixes of the Angel soundtrack Vryas site has a great selection over here..

http://vrya.net/ts/index.php

I particularly love "Can't be saved" made using dialogue from 'Hellbound' and 'Fathers' from 'Spin the bottle'.
        Last edited by sueworld; 27-11-08, 10:29 AM.

Comment

What makes me think of Angel is "The Unforgiven III" by Metallica, to name one song right off the top of my head.
          If I were to burn a CD to give him for Christmas, I'd go with Simon & Garfunkel, most likely, and maybe he could warm up to Nightwish.
          Sin is what I feast upon
          I'm forging my crematorium
          Your tomb is waiting here for you
          Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

I would have to have Manilow's 'Mandy' on there I love the Mandy scene in Orpheus. I agree with Nile too, 'You always hurt the one you love' really sums up the show.
            Also I love the Angel theme tune and Robert J Kral made some amazing music for the show.
            sigpic

Comment

I gotta admit I?m not too familiar with the songs on Angel, but I do love "Mandy" when Angel sings it on Judgement and when he listens to it on "Orpheus" and I love "Touched" by Vast.

Comment

If anyone can pm me with good angel song that would be great! Thanks for the links I am ganna check them out. The arosmith angel song should be on an angel mix imo.
                Anyone hav any other idea's?

Comment

sue that link awesome!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Comment

Great stuff on there isn't there. The artworks are sublime, and the music is terrific.

Comment

The artworks are sublime
                      I never even checked the art work! I better had back over again.
                      Thanks again.

Comment

The Unforgiven III"
                        There is an unforgiven 3?

Comment

Yep, on the new album, "Death Magnetic". It's #7 on the track list.

There's a song called Angel on Judas Priest's 2005 album, "Angel of Retribution", and he might actually like the music, but the lyrics don't really fit with his backstory. Yet if he were to listen to Judas Priest, I guess it would be that and Before The Dawn.
                          Sin is what I feast upon
                          Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Sin is what I feast upon
                            Welcome to my ritual
                            -Judas Priest, Death

This sounds very angel.