Worst Ats Episode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Ats Episode.

It's time again for stealing an idea from the BtVS subforum.

Which episode is the one you dislike the most? Of course, I'll forget some bad episodes in the poll, in that case I put the beautiful 'other' option in the poll.

Personally, I'm still deciding between 'She' the episode I can't watch, I always turn it out after the dance teaser. It bores me too much. And the episode I wished that I never saw; 'The Girl in Question'.

edit:
    I went with 'She', I guess that after seeing every episode more than once (even TGIQ) but not being able to watch this one, is enough to be the worst episode.
    Lonely Hearts
    2.04%
    I Fall to Pieces
    4.08%
    She
    24.49%
    Judgement
    2.04%
    Happy Anniversary
    0.00%
    That Old Gang Of Mine
    4.08%
    Dad
    4.08%
    Provider
    6.12%
    The Price
    0.00%
    The House Always Wins
    4.08%
    Slouching Toward Bethlehem
    2.04%
    Home
    2.04%
    Just Rewards
    0.00%
    Unleashed
    2.04%
    The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco
    22.45%
    Why We Fight
    4.08%
    The Girl in Question
    6.12%
    Double or Nothing
    4.08%
    Carpe Noctem
    4.08%
    Other
    2.04%
    Last edited by Nina; 05-11-08, 07:47 PM.

She has the dance segment, the Baudelaire segment and the steamy Angel camera circumference shot. But yeah, the message in this one was the most cringe-worthy.

The Girl in Question has the Dean Martin slow-mo scene and the flashbacks, which save it for me.

I would say that Smile Time and Happy Anniversary are weak. Smile Time's only real saving grace for me is Fred and Wesley. Happy Anniversary has some marvelous Angel/Lorne interaction (Star-Spangled Banner and the car talk). The Shroud of Rahmon is probably one of the weakest.

AtS never really had an entirely unwatchable episode. There's nothing even close to Beer Bad.

Eh, I voted Double or Nothing. Gunn is kind of a blah character to me.

Dad, Home and The Price are awesome episodes. They don't belong on the list.
    Last edited by NileQT87; 06-11-08, 06:34 PM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
    "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Worst 10 Episodes:

10. Dad
      9. Unleashed
      8. Parting Gifts
      7. The Bachelor Party
      6. Belonging
      5. Provider
      4. The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco
      3. I Fall to Pieces
      2. Expecting

1. She was completely atrocious in every way and the biggest flop Joss and co. have ever produced. WTF was that episode? Ugh! The only decent thing about it was Angel dancing...it was not enough to save it though. A boring, badly paced episode with a terrible storyline.

Comment

I don't agree with some of the episodes on that list, and I missed some bad eps too.
        But the worst for me is probbably, The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco, girl in the quetsion, soul purpose and carpe noctem. Can't really watch them, and TCTONC I switch channel of first time I saw it caus it ws so boring.

Finally I voted on The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco. Euk.

Comment

TCTONC is definitely boring with a lame storyline that I can't even begin to think why the writers thought anyone would find interesting, but it had a really strong Angel/Wesley scene where they discuss the Shanshu prophecy. The three episodes on my list I considered worse have pretty much zero redeeming factors, IMO.

Comment

It's 'She' for me, without a doubt. I have to disagree with Nile here, 'She' makes 'Beer Bad' look like 'The Body.' It's just a horrible episode, so bad in almost every way, I can't stand it frankly.

But I actually like some of the episodes on the list, I love 'Soul Purpose'

Though if I didn't say 'She' my next choice would have been 'Happy Anniversary' even if the Angel/Lorne car scene was great, but that was a pretty bad episode as well. But what about 'Blood Money' that was pretty awful in my opinion.

Ats had some really, really average episodes earlier on, it’s why despite it’s greatness I can never quite hold it in as high regard as Btvs, it’s just too inconsistent for me.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

huh? Soul Purpose isn't in the poll.

And I also like some episodes in the poll, I'm a big fan of Home ... but a lot people despise it so I did put it on the poll.

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
              Ats had some really, really average episodes earlier on, it’s why despite it’s greatness I can never quite hold it in as high regard as Btvs, it’s just too inconsistent for me.
              That's funny, because for me there are way more BtVS episodes that are bad than Ats episodes. 'She' is one of the worst episodes ever (thank god, Marti never returned to Ats), and some others as well. But episodes like 'Touched', 'Gone', 'Wrecked', 'Teacher's Pet', 'Deadmans Party' and 'Lies My Parents Told Me' don't find their equal in any of the bad Ats episodes IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                huh? Soul Purpose isn't in the poll.

And I also like some episodes in the poll, I'm a big fan of Home ... but a lot people despise it so I did put it on the poll.
                Oops, I thought I saw it on there!

That's funny, because for me there are way more BtVS episodes that are bad than Ats episodes. 'She' is one of the worst episodes ever (thank god, Marti never returned to Ats), and some others as well. But episodes like 'Touched', 'Gone', 'Wrecked', 'Teacher's Pet', 'Deadmans Party' and 'Lies My Parents Told Me' don't find their equal in any of the bad Ats episodes IMO.
                This is one of those rare times when we just disagree The difference between a bad episode of Btvs and a bad episode of Ats for me, is that Ats episodes are *boring.* That's the key word for me, despite the ugliness of 'LMPTM' it was never a boring episode in my opinion, I found myself bored throughout the Ats episodes that I really dislike and that's probably the worst thing for me.

But hey I like ?Deadmans Party!'

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Yeah, I agree with that bad Ats episodes are boring (except the nightmare that is TGIQ). But for me, I prefer boring episodes because I can ignore those. The episodes that destroy characters can't be ignored that easily. I prefer boring an cheesy over destroying characters any time. But I already figured out that I'm quite weird that way.

Comment

I voted The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco. That episode is something really bizarre, I was watching it and I just felt like, "Is this Angel? What am I watching?".
                    Next up is She. The only good scene is the opening, where Angel dreams about him dancing. Awful, as well. But not as much as my first choice.

Comment

the worst for me is the cautionary tale of numero cinco.

it's very boring, I saw it just once and I'll never watch it again !!
                      Sorry if you don't understand what I write, I'm french.

Comment

TCTONC is the worst Angel episode ever imo, I find it incredibly boring, at least She has the dance scene, there is nothing remotely funny or dramatic in this episode it is just lame.

My 2nd least fave would have to be Why we Fight again very boring, I love most of Season 5 but these have to be the 2 worst episodes ever.

I also like some of the episodes on the list like Dad, Provider and TGIQ and they would actually be at the top of my fave episodes. It is interesting to see how our views differ so much.
                        sigpic

Comment

I loved Numero Cinco, I can't believe it's winning. I thought it was a really creative story.

I picked "The House Always Wins". I thought there was a lot of cheesiness in that episode. The Cordy parts, especially. I also felt like after the abduction of Conner, it really didn't fit.

Comment

I've only seen the first two seasons of Angel so far, but the eppisdoe that I just refuse to rewatch is She. Female demons who have to stay in ice because their lust gene is so strong.... that's just too cheesey for my liking. I really disliked this episode.
                            We ride with death tonight

Comment

I also went with The House Always Wins.

It didn't seem to fit the season at all, and it was just pretty poor overall. A lame re-writing of history type thing that I never like. For the same reason I almost voted Why We Fight, but that ep is slightly more entertaining.

Obviously, some early Angel eps were pretty bad, but I feel like those kind of have to be glossed over. Every show has to find its own footing.

Picking Lonely Hearts is kind of like picking Teacher's Pet for Buffy - yeah, it's bad, but the show had to test its limits.

It is a far greater grievance to produce a ridiculously sucky episode deep into your shows run, in which characters and plot have been deeply established, than it is to produce same suckiness while still trying to figure out what to establish.
                              You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

Originally posted by bknick View Post
                                It is a far greater grievance to produce a ridiculously sucky episode deep into your shows run, in which characters and plot have been deeply established, than it is to produce same suckiness while still trying to figure out what to establish.
                                Agreed, very much so. I can forgive the crappy s1 of Ats and the all over the place of s2 (a combination of amazing strong episodes and horrible weak episodes in my opinion) because it was early on in the series. Same goes for Btvs really, I'm ready to defend Btvs s1 whereas I'm far harder on Btvs s7 because the show was finding it's footing in season one whereas there was no such excuse for the seventh season.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I voted for 'provider'. That is the only episode of Angel that sticks out in my mind that I remember thinking I really didn't like when I first saw it. I haven't watched alot of season one in a long time though.
                                  I think 'the house always wins' is a really funny and entertaining episode.

Comment

I don?t like The House always wins. It just feels odd to me. In fact, there is an episode that for me, is missing from the poll: Life of the Party. I also think that?s very strange, and those two are Lorne-centric episodes.

Comment

I'm a little surprised by all the hate for She. On the whole, it's a weak episode, I agree, but I couldn't call it the worst. I kinda like the chemistry between Angel and Tay. First time through, I really expected to see her again. And I still wish we had because I never buy the Angel-Cordy love plot but I like the recurring character love interest plots he gets later on with Gwen (not nearly enough of her in the show) and Nina.

Of those listed, it's a toss-up for me between Carpe Noctem and I Fall to Pieces (though if that one's listed, perhaps I’ve Got You Under My Skin ought to be nominated, too). In the end, bknick's impacable logic led me to vote for Carpe Noctem and give the S1 ep a pass.
                                      Cordially,
                                      Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
                                      Addicted to Buffy

Comment

Home!
                                        HOME!
                                        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                        This would get in one of my top ten episodes. Anyway I respect peoples opinion but I'm surprised that this was the episode of Season Four that got on there (I love the season but I understand it's controversy) particularly since it laid the blueprint for season five which most S4 haters love.
                                        For me I couldn't vote because I just can't think of an Angel episode I really didn't like. I can't remember She well enough and I thought Provider was a cute and weightless episode not the atrocity its made out to be.
                                        Although it must be said that Hell Bound is as boring as hell.

Comment

Working...
                                        X