Mooney's issue 11 cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mooney's issue 11 cover

I really like this cover, but when I was looking at it for longer time I started thinking about it;

There are white and black chess pieces, we know that Gunn is evil and he is a black piece. Also Groo is white, and who is less evil than Groo? I think that the black pieces are the bad guys and the white pieces the good guys. Wesley is a black piece.

And Illyria is beaten,

and who they all are;

for sure;
    Groo is a horse, Illyria is the queen,

I think:
    Wesley is a bishop and Gunn the king.

Angel's piece I can't recognize.

I know that there is probably no bigger meaning behind it, but it's fun to speculate.

Issue 11?

Awesome cover, though. I'm not sure how I feel about Wes being evil, or about Illyria being defeated.

Comment

It was one of those extra covers, he also made an extra cover for issue 12 (three pictures with Angel, Cordy and Doyle, the AI card and the Claddagh ring). His covers don't have much to do with the issue itself. But I really like his covers and maybe there is something hidden?

Comment

Do you have a link for the issue 12 cover he did, because that sounds awesome too.

Comment

His issue 12 cover;

Comment

Awww...they're so young (ish) and happy (ish).

I'm gonna go watch some of season one.

Edit: am officially watching "City Of...". Holy mackerel, I forgot how absolutely stunning Charisma Carpenter was at this point. It's like unfair how hot she is.
            Last edited by XavierZane; 22-10-08, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Ohh I love the variant cover with Angel/Cordy/Doyle, makes my heart go all pitter patter

Though gotta wonder, what does it mean? Right back to the beginning?

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                Ohh I love the variant cover with Angel/Cordy/Doyle, makes my heart go all pitter patter

Though gotta wonder, what does it mean? Right back to the beginning?
                I don't quite get the significance of Doyle, but Cordelia was actually in that one with her season 1 look, so that's probably what it means and I'm guessing the significance of the ring is to represent love, loyalty and friendship.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh god I didn't even notice the ring! It is rather weird to have the ring though, the ring is all Buffy/Angel and was never shown in Ats whereas I totally get the significance of the card.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

The phone number (the right area code is 212) on the card is wrong and the angel's skirt is missing on the logo.

It's still an amazing drawing.
                    Last edited by NileQT87; 23-10-08, 10:28 AM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                    "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

I love the 12 cover. I'm rewatching season one at the moment. Sniff. I love Doyle. He's so brilliant in so many ways. I love the fact that researching cases brings his creditors out of the woodwork. Hee!

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                        Oh god I didn't even notice the ring! It is rather weird to have the ring though, the ring is all Buffy/Angel and was never shown in Ats whereas I totally get the significance of the card.
                        The heart on the ring is turned towards the card... which probably means the three of them belong to Angel Investigations. And it really was the closest thing to a home they had.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

I've just realised that the chess cover really reminds me of the Cluedo characters (Clue in the US I think? The board game). It was colonel Angel with the shanshu in the dark basement.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Originally posted by Enisy View Post
                            The heart on the ring is turned towards the card... which probably means the three of them belong to Angel Investigations. And it really was the closest thing to a home they had.
                            Very true, after all the ring doesn't have to always be romantic. Scott Hope (the little ringworm) was told it meant friendship, whereas Angel views it in a more romantic sense. But it could easily work to represent the bond these three had.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Working...
                            X