X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel; After The Fall Issue 15 preview page

Ready?

Spoiler:

Brian already said that the dead humans/demons aren't the W&H army.

thoughts;
    Spoiler:
    Another prophecy? Or is it the real deal now? Well after these panels I don't think that it will be a misunderstanding, this is the work of Angel(us).

Uh...yikes!

::hides::

Comment

I second the yikes

Thoughts

Spoiler:
      So pretty much confirms Angel becomes a vampire again? But is it Angelus, I'm not as sure as Nina? Doesn't the Shanshu talk about the vampire with a soul, so shouldn't his actions be with a soul. It certainly looks like the work of Angelus.. but I just don't know.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Spoiler:
        I'm not sure if he is soulled or soulless, but I think that this isn't the work of somebody else and that Angel splattered (is that an english word?) in the blood afterwards.

Comment

unbelievable !!

Thanks for this preview !

So it will happen !!!
          Sorry if you don't understand what I write, I'm french.

Comment

Brian Lynch posted 1 panel on his blog;

clicky

Comment

Oh that looks good. I'm so pleased that Urru's back. I simply adore his approach to this series.

Comment

The only thing I can think about is;

'Wow Illyria is gigantic'
                Last edited by Nina; 21-12-08, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I can't wait for Urru's return. The man knows how to draw some truly kick-ass monsters, I can't wait to see his interpretation of Illyria kicking ass and taking names. I liked Runge and Mooney, but I felt that sometimes thier panels could be too dark, with too many browns, greys and oranges.

I hope we get more wide, sweeping shots of the landscape too. I want to see more of what Hell is like. More flames, more buildings with tentacles etc.

Comment

Angel is human up and to the most recent issue. The restored his humanity, that was blatantly stated, and shown. I think that having Angel in his human form will cause "Angelus," or the vampiric alter-ego of Angel to also co-exist with him, as a possibility.

Or, this is more prophecy mumbo jumbo. I'm definitely not going to jump the gun and state that Angel turns vampiric again, as well as loses his soul and becomes Angelus again. That might ruin the story for me.

And to think about that, how on Earth are Wesley, Spike and Connor going to handle Gunn, Angelus AND Illyria?
                    sigpic

-Sig by BlasterBoy-

Comment

Just a thought

What if W&H need Angel as a human, for some other purpose than that of him being weaker for the fight. If not why restoring him in human form instead of letting Spike sire him, or for that matter some other vampire at their disposal. And since Weasley said that the person of the shanshu vision is Angel and he is a vampire maybe is because he needs to be a vapire to win the fight, and the vision is real but is actually mistaken to be the end of everything, maybe is vampire Angel saving everyone by killing some army yet unknown. I was thinking that maybe the senior partners sent the real vision but just the part they needed to show for Angel to decide to return from the dead but without becoming a vampire.

Comment

Or as long Angel is human, he can't play that big role in the apocalypse (maybe it's not time yet).

And a new panel.

Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Ah, it looks like somebody's naughty alter-ego is going to be having fun and putting my poor Ange babe in more mental anguish.

(Bring on the pain.)

A bit Vlad "the Impaler" there, huh, Angelus? Or possibly inspired by the Beast in Prussia? Sahjhan circa the Crusades with the beheading also springs to mind.

As for the little panels: Groo on his winged steed and his flamey sword and a nice bit of Angel and Wesley. I think I'm going with Mooney for my favorite artist still (out of both BtVS and AtS). Urru has done a few face shots, however, that really capture David Boreanaz (there's these two panels that I adore of his: one looks shy and the next one is smiling with a total DB expression...). He's gotten better with the girls. I no longer feel the urge to use Photoshop for breast reduction surgery.

Illyria's tentacles are a bit more interesting than panels of scenic Hell tentacles, so that's good. Big Blue's looking gargantuan. One thing I'll find interesting is if Illyria, outside of Fred's shell, still is corrupted by the memories, or if the transformation allowed it to shed the humanity. I like the idea of Fred's memories still affecting Illyria even in its true form. It'll be sad if there's no more Wesley/Illyria moments (loved there little scene in the last issue). Poor Wes.

Also, Angel seemed to get only an almost-complete healing job (? la Drusilla in WML?). While he's not broken and bruised, he's not at his fullest strength, even as a human.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                          "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

And don't forget the wood Gunn staked him with. In his shoulder must be a big hole. *auch* Angel is far from healthy, it's unbelievable how strong that man is.

Which Urru panels are you talking about? Because until now I didn't saw great DB likeness in Urru's Angel.

Comment

Yeah, Urru isn't exactly the one that gives you actor likenesses (generic Wesley still bugs me)... but these are the panels that I like for some reason:

Spoiler:

I certainly still prefer Mooney.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                              "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Just an idea

Angel looks at his strongest in the panels with the heads and dead bodies, but from expirience we know he es bad ass but not THAT bad ass even as Angelus. So......I would love if he got sired somehow by a Turok Han, would be so freakin cool and it would maybe change some other assets of his physiology or personality that could continue his development.

Comment

You have to remember how much gore is allowed on T.V. The one-eyed assassin from the Order of Taraka was supposed to bleed a pool of blood on the ice, but that was nixed.

The vampire poofing was largely invented so you didn't see piles of humanoid bodies that the Scoobies had to get rid of.

No, this looks entirely like Angelus to me... Not even close to a Turok-Han. Turok-Han are mindless killers. Angelus has human cruelty; the kind where displaying your victims gruesomely is one of his favorite things. This is the same Angelus who nails puppies to walls. He also has massacred entire convents, his home town, a massacre through Wales and Northern England, Budapest earthquake disasters and wedding parties. He was also impressed by the Beast's massacre in Prussia. Angelus and Darla were big on massacres through Europe. Angelus was known as the "Scourge of Europe", if you remember (and that term refers to him, not the team).

This is right out of the Vlad "the Impaler" Dracula (a field of bodies on stakes) meets the London Bridge (heads that met the block on stakes) historical playbook.

The Turok-Han are just mindless feeders and killers that don't really think about power displays and the worst possible set-ups for mental anguish (Angelus' displaying of Jenny in Giles' bed). This is the human sense of cruelty that Angelus practices.

So, no, I think this is perfectly within Angelus' nature. His history buff side would make it actually appealing to him.
                                  Last edited by NileQT87; 26-11-08, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                  X