Who the funniest out of three?
    Angel
    40.54%
    Angelus
    2.70%
    Spike
    56.76%

I love Angel. But definitely Spike.
    You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

Hmm, tough one. Much as I adore 'snarky Angel', I think Spikes still got the edge on him.
      Last edited by sueworld; 19-10-08, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I went with Angel because he can be funny in many ways. Angel is funny when he is old (not cheap! and they talk about him in chattyrooms), when he snarks, when he has no idea what's going on (Oh, God. The ladies are right. Nina's down there right now, turning into a werewolf and liking me.), when he is petty and I love his thoughts; the dancing, all those scenes in 'soulpurpose' and the dream with Spike as a superhero and Connor as his sidekick. Angel's mind must be a wacky place.
        Last edited by Nina; 19-10-08, 06:39 PM.

Comment

I went with Angel too, it was a tough call between him and Angelus (mainly because I've literally just finished the Angelus arc from season 4) but I decided on the former in the end. I agree with what Nina said, Angel is funny in many ways, all of which are different, I usually end up laughing at him when it's not that funny, but that's probably just me. I think my favourite Angel-funny moments are when he's not trying to be funny, but ends up being funny anyway, or when he's daydreaming, the scene in She being the main example.

The reason I didn't choose Angelus is mainly because he's usually funny in the same way, being crazy and vindictive. He is funny, but I think Angel beats him hands down in terms of hilarity.

I didn't choose Spike because I don't really find him that funny, I know he's supposed to be and he does make me laugh occasionally, but as a character I find him more pathetic than funny, also I think he's funny in a way that's him mocking everybody else (basically high school Cordy) which isn't as funny as not meaning to be funny at all, if you catch my drift.
          sigpic

Comment

I went with Spike, Angel did have his moments but altogther I found Spike hilourous espieacly when he is dealing with Angel/Angelus. When he was chipped, he made me laugh with trying to deal with it. He lost some of his humor when he got his soul in season 7 of Buffy but as soon as he was placed in Angel he got it back, probly because of the chemistry between him and Angel which, like I said, always gets me going. Angel tends to brood but when he is trying to deal with techonolgy he is funny But yeah Spike is funnier
            ANGEL: You just like stabbing me.

SPIKE: I?I'm shocked, SHOCKED that you'd say that. I much prefer hitting you with blunt instruments.

Comment

I like all three of them but I went with Angel too. Like the Nina said, he is funny in many ways. I love his awkwardness sometimes (Offspring).

Comment

Although I dearly love AtS Angel and do find him being occasionally hilarious, I'm very sure Spike's much funnier. He just is. Spike has the snarkiest lines and the best sense of cynic/ironic/sarcastic humour of the whole series. I just love how his humour is written.
                sigpic
                banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

Angel definitely had his funny moments - but Spike was is the funnier of the three.

Angel was good at petty and awkward but Spike's whole life was pitifully funny! I think much of it had to do with his outlook on life.
                  -TP<3
                  "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                  - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Angel is very entertaining when he is clueless, but to me Spike is the real punchline stealer.
                    Sin is what I feast upon
                    I'm forging my crematorium
                    Your tomb is waiting here for you
                    Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Spike, without question. Angel is a mostly brooding, dramatic character, whilst Angelus is dark and evil. Spike is definitely the most comedic of them.

Comment

Spike. Angelus is just saddistic, crazy and vindictive. Angel is funny but in a brooding way. For me, Angel is very serious most of the times. Angel could be a dramatic actor.

Comment

Angel. I find him to be definately dramatic, but it's the nuances of the way he acts that makes him funny. It's really close between Angel and Spike though. I actually love the energy between Spike and Angel and personally think they are funnier together (i.e. the fight about who would win, caveman or astronaut). Angel is better in my opinion though, simply because when he's funny, he's not trying to be funny, which makes it funnier.

Angelus isn't funny. He's just creepy sadistic which is something completely different in the humor sense. He's definately darker and it's hard to want to laugh while he's ruining everyone's lives.

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't say Angelus was all that funny.

I went with Angel, his funny is unique to him, whereas Spike's comedy, although very funny, wasn't all that different to Cordy s1-s3 or Anya's snarkiness to a small extent. Angel's comedy is more subtle and I end up appreciating that more, I love his clueless, "Wait let me get this straight. You and Gunn are dating?" and his expressions, "they talk about me in the chatty rooms?" I just find it funnier.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Angel for me, he has so many different ways of being funny as Nina said. I also think that David Boreanaz is brilliant at facial expressions which makes Angel even funnier. While I love Spike, I think it is easier to remember his funny lines because I didn't think there were that many that were really funny whereas there is so many I can't keep count with Angel.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X