Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue #16 blurb [spoilers]

Angel: After the Fall #16
    Joss Whedon & Brian Lynch (plot) • Brian Lynch (w) • Franco Urru (a) • Urru, Alex Garner (c)

At the conclusion of Angel: Season Five, all of Angel’s efforts to save his friends and his city resulted in a hellish existence for all of them. Now, in the penultimate chapter of Angel: After the Fall, a final, climactic battle will see Angel live free or die for the final time. Once again presented courtesy of Joss Whedon, Brian Lynch, and Franco Urru.
    I know that blurbs can't be trusted, but Angel can't die because of Aftermath ... so he will be free? Will the contracts be destroyed? And is this the last issue or will there be an issue #17 like speculated?

Too bad that there aren't any covers out. But Brian said that the cover will be too spoilery to show. Maybe it will spoil some of the deaths that are on their way?
    Last edited by Nina; 15-10-08, 09:29 AM.

Awesome, it sounds like it's going to be a fantastic issue. And are we thinking Angel has some deal, perhaps one last chance? Either succeed or die for good?

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I thought this was going to be over after 15 issues. I don't see how Angel can "live free" after all that's happened. It wouldn't make much sense. It would be like bringing both Cordelia and Fred back from the dead. It's not impossible, but it's not that realistic either.
      Insert witty quote here.

Comment

I really don't like bringing people back from the dead repeatedly. We've had Spike coming back, Buffy coming back, Lilah coming back as a walking corpse Wesley in his ghost form, Fred in Illyria (the last two I realise aren't quite properly back, but they are involved in the storyline). Wesley didn't die in hell, nor did Fred or Cordy so I'd like them to stay dead. Those like Gunn who changed in hell I'm not decided on whether I'd like things to change for them when they are out of hell. In life people are lost and die and the people who are left have to move on and to me its exciting to see groups change and evolve as people come and go for whatever reasons. If everyone keeps being able to come back in some form why bother killing them in the first place.

I like the idea of people being lost along the way during Angels mission against the Senior Partners. You don't take on an enemy of that power and come out unharmed. Both sides in the end will have had their losses and there might be no winner in the end, but there is simply two sides with no loser either.
        Last edited by dinamo; 26-10-08, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
          I know that blurbs can't be trusted, but Angel can't die because of Aftermath ... so he will be free? Will the contracts be destroyed? And is this the last issue or will there be an issue #17 like speculated?
          Okay, confirmation: Angel: ATF is 17 issues. I went off and did what anybody can do and, while I can't give you a link, I can tell you that ATF is, for sure, going to last 17 issues. I'm a little curious as to how you got the spoiler for issue 16, but I guess I'm not in the position to ask.
          Insert witty quote here.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation.

Which spoiler? The blurb was posted on the Slayalive forum and the other part is speculation.

Comment

Working...
            X