No announcement yet.

How much did Angel know in 'Sanctuary'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much did Angel know in 'Sanctuary'?

What did Angel know about Faith stealing Buffy's body in the episode? He said that he knew, but I've the feeling that he had no idea at all. Faith told him that she slept with Riley, and Angel probably thought that Buffy went crazy because of her boyfriend sleeping with Faith. And it makes Buffy's words on the end of the episode worse for Angel. It could also be a reason why Angel was acting like an ass to Riley (besides his petty behavior).

I don't exclude that Angel knew the whole story, but I don't have the feeling that he knew.

And please, don't make this another thread about Buffy's behavior in 'Sanctuary' ...

As fair as I'm aware all that Angel knows is what Giles said to him on the phone "It was rough", from that I gathered Giles didn't actually go into detail and what Faith tells him on screen, basically that she slept with Riley, but I don't think the whole body-swap thing ever came up.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah I don't think he knew too much either. I was always confused that Angel came to Sunny D acting like an ass to Riley. Thinking about it now though, it makes perfect sense that Angel was acting that way if he thought Riley had just cheated on Buffy. Huh. Yeah, I don't think Angel ever knew all the details.
      T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

I never really thought about it to be honest but yeah, it's very possible that he wasn't aware of the extent it went to. He knew about Riley but Faith doesn't make any mention of the body swap. Angel did speak to Giles but it's unclear of how much detail Giles went into. Angel's clearly pissed so he must have told Angel she hurt Buffy a lot but I guess if he knew there's no reason why he wouldn't have told Wes and Cordy.

That's also a fun little fan insight into how Angel deals with Riley in 'The Yoko Factor.' I thought it was just a macho pissing contest but it would explain Angel's serious lack of patience for the guy if he believed Riley had slept with Faith knowingly.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Hey yes, makes perfect sense. A good reason for Angel to like Riley even less.

Though, to be fair, Riley is an ass to Angel as well.
          Sin is what I feast upon
          I'm forging my crematorium
          Your tomb is waiting here for you
          Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Yeah they were both asses to one another. I don't blame either of them really but both were idiots for getting into a fist fight (fantastic scene though ) I get that Angel would think Riley had those guys jump him, he pops up just as Angel is being attacked, in the same uniform the other guys were wearing. And Riley didn't exactly back down with the weapon in his hand. And Riley mistook Angel for being evil, so it makes sense he wouldn't want him seeing Buffy, Angel didn't exactly deter that line of thinking either.

But yup, both were ready to fight one another, and clearly it had to do with Buffy on top of all those other circumstances as well.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Angel only knew it was "rough" because Giles told him on the phone, he didn?t know about Riley. And he didn?t know about the body-swap.

Comment

He knew about Riley because Faith tells him she slept with him. It's just confusing as to wether or not it was supposed to be explained to him off screen that she did this whilst in Buffy's body.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I think it was explained to him off-screen sometime before he made his way to Sunnydale and they just used him poorly for Buffy's sake.
                  "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                  X