Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favourite season, depending on your favourite series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite season, depending on your favourite series.

Cl?ment opened a very interesting thread in the BtVS subforum and I would like to know if we can see the same effect if we vote for Ats seasons. From what I saw in other threads, Ats season 5 is a big favourite by the BtVS fans. Probably because Joss was the showrunner in combination with Spike & Harmony as new castmembers and more stories about Buffy. But that season 5 is not very loved by the Ats fans, probably for the same reasons the BtVS fans love the season.

So, the same thing ...
    Season 1 and I prefer BtVS
    2.94%
    Season 2 and I prefer BtVS
    14.71%
    Season 3 and I prefer BtVS
    0.00%
    Season 4 and I prefer BtVS
    11.76%
    Season 5 and I prefer BtVS
    20.59%
    Season 1 and I prefer Ats
    2.94%
    Season 2 and I prefer Ats
    14.71%
    Season 3 and I prefer Ats
    14.71%
    Season 4 and I prefer Ats
    11.76%
    Season 5 and I prefer Ats
    5.88%
    Nina
    and her haircut.
    Last edited by Nina; 14-10-08, 03:38 PM.

Yeah, as you said... Season 5 and I prefer Buffy.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

My favorite Season is Season Four, and I prefer Angel. Season Five is probably my least favorite season, but there are many reasons why. I don't necessarily think it's more Buffy-esque, just....it's not Angel anymore.
      The story's kinda bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian who needs to return the ring back to Mordor.

Comment

My favourite season of Ats is season 4 because despite the plot holes and Cordy going evil I love its grand, apocalyptic feel and the fact that the season has such a huge seasonal arc and almost no annoying standalones. And I prefer BTVS and actually dislike season 5 of Ats quite a lot (even though I love Spike) so I guess I go against the standard here.

Comment

My favourite season of Angel is probably S2, and I prefer AtS overall as well.

Comment

Well this is very hard... I don't have a single favorite season, there is just too many up and down episodes that make the seasons all on the same level too me, I find that all the seasosn (minus 5) all really just flow together and I just consider them one long season.

Now saying that I picked season 2 (prefering Buffy). I just Loved the entire Darla arc - she is such a fantastic character and Julie Benz was such an amazing casting choice (damn, I bet they didn't realize casting her in the unaired Buffy pilot that she would be so vital to the entire seires!) Angel turning on Gunn, Cordy and Wes was also a great character arc for him. And the entire Pylea arc was so cool and just so different from ANYTHING in the Buffyverse and I am glad they got to explore that.

Even with Cordelia's weird hair from week to week, the season was great.

Comment

Season 2, and I prefer Angel.

I feel that Angel had better episodes and better stories. Everything just flowed much better. Plus, I liked the "feel" of the show much more (minus Season 5). Unlike Buffy, where the "feel" of the show changed every season, IMO.

Season 2 because of Darla. God, I love that character so much. As DigitalLeonardo said, Julie Benz is just so amazing! It includes awesome episodes like "Are You Now Or Have You Ever Been?", "Dear Boy", "Darla", "The Trial", "Reunion", "Reprise", "Epiphany", the list goes on and on!

Comment

I prefer Btvs but chose season 4. It captured the very essence of Angel for me. It's very epic and gothic and it still has characters such as Lilah, Cordy ect. I like Harmony and Spike, but they don't have the history other Ats characters do so I prefer them on this series, though now Spike seems to fit more in Ats.

I also noticed that many Btvs fans like season 5 whereas most Ats fans do not. I agree with Nina it's because s5 of Ats was far more Btvs like, just in its formula, the type of episodes, the writing, the characters.. and yup, Buffy's name was dropped on more than one occasion

So I chose s4 but prefer Btvs.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I am actually surprised Season 4 is winning, I always thought people hated that season, and I remember when it first aired people were just NOT happy (or at least that is what I remember).

I never understood season 4, it just felt rushed. I did however like the Faith arc and having Willow pop up, plus Gwen is just rockin! But the entire Cordy/Jasmine thing just felt like a bit of a stretch and kind of a kick in the ass to Cordy fans... At least she did get "You're Welcome" to redeem the character...

Comment

I picked Season 2 of Angel but I prefer Buffy. I love the Darla story arc and while I kinda disliked Pylea, the rest of the Season more than made up for it.

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                    I also noticed that many Btvs fans like season 5 whereas most Ats fans do not. I agree with Nina it's because s5 of Ats was far more Btvs like, just in its formula, the type of episodes, the writing, the characters.. and yup, Buffy's name was dropped on more than one occasion
                    Season 5 of Angel is actually my least favorite Season because it changed formulas. I rather Buffy be Buffy and Angel be Angel. I also think the loss of the Hyperion was horrible. That hotel was the most beautiful set in all of the Buffyverse.

Comment

I prefer Buffy and season 2 of AtS is my favourite for that show. Lorne, Angel's various shifts, Darla, Dru... all vampiric goodness with a karaoke chaser. I just CAN seem to care

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
                        I am actually surprised Season 4 is winning, I always thought people hated that season, and I remember when it first aired people were just NOT happy (or at least that is what I remember).

I never understood season 4, it just felt rushed. I did however like the Faith arc and having Willow pop up, plus Gwen is just rockin! But the entire Cordy/Jasmine thing just felt like a bit of a stretch and kind of a kick in the ass to Cordy fans... At least she did get "You're Welcome" to redeem the character...
                        I loved Season 4! I knew many people hated it, as well, but I knew just as many people loved it. It's one of those love/hate seasons, like BtvS Season 6.

I loved the ongoing story in Season 4, and it's version of Tabula Rasa, "Spin the Bottle", was better that "Tabula Rasa", IMO. It just had so many amazing episodes: "Deep Down", "Ground State", "Spin the Bottle", "Apocalypse, Nowish", "Habesa Corpses", "Long Day's Journey", "Soulless", "Calvary", "Salvage", "Release", "Orpheus", "Inside Out", "The Magic Bullet", "Peace Out". Sorry for going on and on! It wasn't Cordy that was doing all those horrible things, so I was fine with it, honestly. And I thought the Jasmine villain was really great.

Comment

Like Cori and vampmogs, I prefer season 4 yet my favorite show is BtVS. I'm just a big sucker for seasonal arcs, even if I hate the whole Jasmine finale which is one of the reasons I prefer Buffy: the Season Finales.
                          sigpic

Comment

My favourite season is season 3 and I prefer Angel of course !!
                            Sorry if you don't understand what I write, I'm french.

Comment

Season 2 and Angel. Goes for both BtvS and Ats. There isn't one horrible episode in the whole season. Love Darla, Pylea, the Wes/Gunn/Cordy friendship, and Dark!Angel.
                              No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Comment

Working...
                              X