Personal Fantasy about Aftermath Conclusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Fantasy about Aftermath Conclusion

This is not necessarily good plot, good story, or even good fanfic: but I have some personal fantasies about the conclusion to Angel after the Fall and the beginning of Aftermath. What I want, which is not necessarily what will be, the powers that be, Brian and Josh, will decide the big finish. I would like to see Angel rewarded with humanity-and continue the good fight that way. This is a guy with the grit and the courage and the big heart to keep it up. I want Cordy smiling down on him and cheering him on while he finds love with a special someone. I want Spike to continue as humanity's champion, I want him to be with Buffy. Hey I said this was wish fulfillment, in my fantasy it doesn't matter what Dark Horse or IDW says. I want Gunn to be human again, free of Wolfram and Hart, and I want him to go be with Cordy and I want Fred to go with him. Frewesly people please don't be angry. I want Wes back alive, I want him by Angel's side, and I want Illyria with him I want him to be her Watcher and her Guide and I want her to continue her reluctant championship of humanity. I want Connor to pick up on the good fight, I want Lorne whole and on the way to happiness again. And I want someone to give the Senior Partners a good old kick up the wazoo.
    So anybody want to share their personal fantasy ending?

Good thread;

my ideas:

There is a big chance that the world knows about vampires, slayers and demons when they return. Which is well timed because I doubt that the LA people will ignore what they saw. I want to Lorne to be the mayor together with Groo trying to get the city back on track. In this scenerio is Angel and his team free to go back to their old job instead of the big deskjob. While Lorne probably prefers this. Maybe some David Nabbit in the mix as well?

I want that the stronger power (the one Wesley talked about) defeats W&H ... and I want that stronger power to be the Old Ones ... I'm not sure where I want Illyria; on their side or in Team Angel.

Angel must stay human, and he has to deal with it. I want him to have a relation with Nina again and maybe try the normal thing. Nina still oived with her sister, maybe she should move in with Angel? And I want Angel to deal with the death of all his friends. Please don't forget that writers. *prays*

Spike, Nina, Connor and Angel are Team Angel with maybe Gwen (depends on her relation with Connor) and Illyria. Connor is probably the one who keeps the team together, Spike enjoys being Connor's weird uncle and I think that they can be a great team.

Their job is the one they always did, helping people. Back to the basics ... with the Hyperion Hotel as their home. I want Angel to keep it small when Buffy plays the big game.

Comment

What about Wesley?

Comment

I love Wesley, but I think that it's better for the story when they let Wesley go ... the same for Cordelia, Fred and Gunn.

Comment

I love Wesley, but I think that it's better for the story when they let Wesley go ... the same for Cordelia, Fred and Gunn.
          Nooooooooo! Not Wes and Gunn! I couldn't bare it!

Comment

I mostly want Wes back and alive. I want Illyria to be the dominant personality but for her to still be on the path to humanity. I want Wes to be Illyria's guide.

I want Angel to be human. I want Angel Investigations to be:

Angel
            Connor
            Spike
            Wes
            Illyria
            Spider

and maybe Groo. And maybe Gwen.

I would love for there to be at least some crossover with Buffy Season 8. I would love, for once, to see Angel's team interact with Buffy's team.

I want Lorne to reopen his nightclub and take up his neutrality again. I want Gunn dusted at his own hands.

Comment

I agree. I love Wesley, but I really believe his story has come to its close. If him, Fred, or Gunn make it through After the Fall, I think it would be a huge mistake.

I think I've already posted my ideal Team Angel but here it is again:

Angel
              Nina
              Connor
              Spike
              Spider
              Illyria
              Beta George

w/ Lorne and Groo part of the team even if they aren't in the foreground.

That, in my opinion, is an amazing lineup and is one that would keep me reading without any doubts. The addition of any other character to that list would take away from the story.

I guess I just don't get this obsession with everyone getting a happy ending or keeping characters around even though their character arcs are obviously over. Wesley DESERVES a peaceful death. Fred's character DESERVES to not be milked. Same with Cordy.
              Last edited by hawkedup; 03-10-08, 03:00 AM.
              "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Comment

and I want that stronger power to be the Old Ones ...
                personnaly, I think that this stronger power are not the Old Ones but I think they are the SEnior Partners.
                In season 5, Hamilton says to Wes that the Senior Partners Know Illyria and they don't want her to be here.

They are the Old ones who survive to the old times.
                Sorry if you don't understand what I write, I'm french.

Comment

But the senior partners are W&H, who are losing control because a stronger power takes over. At least that was what Wesley said.

Comment

I don't think Wolfram & Hart could be defeated anyway. You have to remember that they have a very "Hands Off" approach to this dimension. And considering how much of an influence their hands off appraoch gives them, I can't imagine if they focused all their power here.

By the by, if and when Wolfram & Hart are defeated, is it safe to say that they become the best villain of all time?
                    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Comment

I think that banning W&H from this dimension is the only way to 'defeat' them. Some people think that Angel killed one of the three in Reprise, but I doubt that. I think that you can't kill them, they are somewhere much safer.

Comment

I can see that. Personally, I don't expect to see Wolfram & Hart ever actually defeated, though. MAYBE if the Angel comic book series took a Season 8 turn (meaning a single ongoing title with the full backing of Joss and M. E.) but then again, for all I know, the next After the Fall issue could suddenly bring everything together and After the Fall could literally end with Team Angel taking on Wolfram & Hart and winning. That'd be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                          I think that banning W&H from this dimension is the only way to 'defeat' them. Some people think that Angel killed one of the three in Reprise, but I doubt that. I think that you can't kill them, they are somewhere much safer.
                          I don't believe he killed the Senior Partner either. The Partner had take the form of a much "lesser" being to sustain itself on our plain, and Angel just destroyed that vessel, not the Senior Partner itself. The doom and gloom message of that episode was to cast Angel in darkness and make him see the world as unchangeable, un-winnable, if he'd just managed to kill a Senior Partner it would have conflicted with that.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Working...
                          X