Favorite Character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Character

Who's your favorite character from AtS. Mine's deffinately Fred because she evolved so much during the season and was also one of the strongest characters. Angel would be a close second just because he is full of surprises and never gets boring. Also don't vote for Spike, Cordelia etc. if you liked them in BtVS.
    Angel
    40.00%
    Doyle
    2.22%
    Cordelia
    11.11%
    Wesley
    20.00%
    Gunn
    0.00%
    Fred
    6.67%
    Darla
    0.00%
    Lorne
    0.00%
    Connor
    2.22%
    Spike
    13.33%
    Harmony
    0.00%
    Lilah
    4.44%
    Lindsay
    0.00%
    Eve
    0.00%

Angel, is my all-time favourite especially since he got his own show. I love seeing him develop from a nobody into this hero. My hate for mary-sues and writer fiats plays a role as well, Angel is not perfect at all ... which makes it much easier for me to like him. Also his humor, awkward moments and petty moments (if not too much or on the wrong moments) are great to watch.

I think that DB plays a role in my love for Angel as well, his smile (we saw that one very often when he was mr. dad) can make Angel incredible sweet. And David is strong when he acts with his eyes, the moment in 'Damage' where Andrew is telling him about the trust-issue, and the moment he knows that it's Cordelia in 'Players' are powerful and it fits Angel. Both things I love about Angel, showing his emotions without overacting and being able to light up the room with a smile.

Wesley is my second choice ... I love Cordelia & Connor (not as a couple) as well, but not the whole time. Connor I don't like in season 4 ... but love him in season 3/5/ATF and Cordelia I love until season 3 and in You're Welcome.
    Nina
    and her haircut.
    Last edited by Nina; 28-09-08, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Angel for me as well. Even when every side of him isn't always likeable (mid-season 2 comes to mind) he's always fascinating to watch. He definitely came into his own as a character when he left Buffy and Sunnydale. Nina said it all really ^^ so I don't need to add anything more without it being irrelevant.

Lilah would be next because she's so awesomely badass. Then Wesley, because really, who doesn't like Wesley?
      No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Comment

Angel without a doubt. I think he's a fantastic character and I agree with Nina he's incredibly interesting because he's shown a lot of the time in a really negative light. He's a complete dick to his friends in season two but he is redeemed in my eyes at least, when he tries so hard to earn back that friendship, it made me sympathise with him again. And he's a really great guy sometimes, I think he's fantastic and such a nice man in 'Couplet' when he gives Cordy the money he's been saving so she can go on vacation with Groo.

And in general he’s a more subtle character which I enjoy more myself.

Next would be Cordy without a doubt probably followed by Lilah and then Wes.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Why isn't Illyria on that list?

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

I had to vote Angel to. I love his humour, his big heart and the way he's smile lighting up the room. And pretty much everything Nina already said. He's just a great human (vampire?), and a really intresting charachter.
            Cordy is my second vote. I love her most in season 2-3 and YW.

Comment

I had to go with Wesley. I mean his character went from being a clumpsy, foot-in-his-mouth kind of guy and just blossomed. He was hilarous when he first came into the show. And the chemistry between him and Cordiella Season 1 and 2 was fantastic, they had the argueing thing down a treat. I love the fact that he went from inner circle to an outsider who acted like he didn't care about the fang gang (but you could tell he did) then back to inner circle. I wished they had explored his history somemore though, I would have ejoyed it. And is it just me or did he get really dishy around end of season 3? Anyways Its my man, Wesley all the way .
              ANGEL: You just like stabbing me.

SPIKE: I?I'm shocked, SHOCKED that you'd say that. I much prefer hitting you with blunt instruments.

Comment

I'd have to go with Fred being my favorite character, with Wesley as a close second. When I first saw Fred, I found her kind of annoying with the country accent and the lack of movement for her character beyond the fact she was stuck in Pylea for five years. Once season four come around, I really think that's when Fred really grew into a person of true strength and emotion and became my favorite character. I think with Cordelia really out of the picture much with Angel and the gang, Fred really got a chance to shine. Especially during the Jasmine arc, where Fred showed strength once again, being alienated from the entire world, including her friends. It really showed her with a 360 from when we first saw her in Pylea and she hid for being a fugitive and different. With Jasmine, she fought to show people the truth in a world where people were against her.

Comment

Probably Wesley and Lilah

I really loved how Lilah could be a bitch the whole time and yet still be likable. I know Cordelia was kinda like that was in Buffy but not exactly. Cordelia acted like a bitch but really was often doing good or even being nice in her own way. Lilah was pure evil... but somehow often didn't seem evil at all.

From Wesley's first episode on Angel I was overjoyed with his character. He was always changing but never losing his own unique charm. Than in s4 when Angel was a complete dick to him and he started dating Lilah and assembling his own team. I LOVED Wesley in those episodes. The Wesley/Lilah might be my favorite Buffyverse relationship period.

Comment

Don't forget Spike voters - this is strictly Angel we're talking about. With everyone else to choose from is there anyone who really thinks Spike, who was only in season 5, is the best character of the series??
                    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Comment

Remember it's not about the best character, it's about your favourite character. There are people who only watched Ats for Spike ... I guess that if he is the only reason to watch, he must also be your favourite character. There are people who would love it when Angel left the building and Spike could take over the show, people who think that NFA failed because there was no Spuffy. I think that if yout watch Ats that way ... you don't really care about anything else than Spike.
                      Nina
                      and her haircut.
                      Last edited by Nina; 29-09-08, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Angel, with Spike as a close second.
                        I must admit, however, that I've only seen the first two season until now (and, correspondingly, Buffy 1-5), since I had to grow up without a TV () and now borrow the DVDs from a friend, season by season -next weekend I get Buffy VI and Angel II. So this means I'm judging this all from my current point of view, obviously.
                        Sin is what I feast upon
                        I'm forging my crematorium
                        Your tomb is waiting here for you
                        Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Cordelia. She just came a long way since her bitchy ways. And I like her sense of humor. But since the ending of S1, she learned that there was a lot of pain in the world and since then, she grew into a hero and a selfless person. Next is Wesley simply because he rocks. He goes through a hell of a journey too.

Comment

I went with Wesley just because he had the best character development I've ever seen on television. Too bad you can’t make multiple votes. I’d probably also choose Eve because she was awesome. Lilah is, in my opinion, the second best villain in TV history, too.

And isn’t there a notable lack of Illyria when it comes to this list?
                            "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Comment

There are people who would love it when Angel left the building and Spike could take over the show, people who think that NFA failed because there was no Spuffy. I think that if yout watch Ats that way ... you don't really care about anything else than Spike.
                              Are there? Because I have to say in all this time I've never met one online myself. All the other Spike fans I've ever met turn out to be big Angel fans too.

I voted Wesley, because I just adored his character and the incredibly rich and complex storyline he had over the years.

Comment

I've seen some ... luckily not many, but there are some i'm afraid. Most of them are Spuffy fans who see Angel's death as a green light for the happy Spuffy ending. There are probably some Bangel idiots as well ... The character bashing because you are a shipper from a rival ship is something that will probably never stop.

And I had a discussion here with somebody who believed that NFA failed as a last episode because there was no Spuffy.

Comment

I obviously travel in the wrong circles in live journal, because where I hang Angels always got a lot of support. But then I am a Spangel lover.

Comment

Wesley, no question. (Well, at least in my opinion: no question).

Wes had the most interesting, tragic, brilliantly performed and executed character arc of almost anyone in the Buffyverse. Obviously this could be debated, but as opposed to vampires (Spike, Angel, Darla, etc.), we saw Wesley's entire transformation on screen in real-time. His progression into maturity, darkness, and back again is one of the most engrossing character aspects of any Joss work. I mean...bumbling fool to shotgun-wielding badass? I'm still floored by how flawlessly Alexis portrayed every element of his character.
                                    You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

I mean...bumbling fool to shotgun-wielding badass? I'm still floored by how flawlessly Alexis portrayed every element of his character.
                                      Oh god yes, he was amazing!! How come Alexis doesn't get more work? It's criminal I tells ya!

Comment

This is much harder for me to choose than it is with Buffy. Even if I cut those who weren't main characters, I'm torn. I voted for Angel, but I've already changed my mind about it, so there we go.

Comment

Working...
                                        X