Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groo.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Groo.

    Just a quick question, but I was watching Through The Looking Glass today and I remembered Groo being in ATF, but then I remembered that he completely changed in season 3 of Angel, so why does it look like he just stepped straight out of Pylea in ATF when there was no inclination that he had returned?

    I may be a bit cloudy on the facts actually, but something generally like that.
    sigpic

  • #2
    I had the same question, I can't remember that he went back to Pylea ... but maybe he did? I think that Urru went with his old look because with his new look, he would look too much like Angel in the comics.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nina View Post
      I had the same question, I can't remember that he went back to Pylea ... but maybe he did? I think that Urru went with his old look because with his new look, he would look too much like Angel in the comics.
      Yeah, but that was the point of his character in season 3, that he would be a possibly replacement for Angel.

      Maybe he realised how much he looked like Angel and how much Cordelia loved Angel and thought that she was just trying to make him second best and changed back?
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        The fact that he was in LA would probably mean that he never left LA. I'm not sure why he would go back to his old fashion, maybe like you said ... going back to his own look after finding out that Cordy didn't want him anyway ... or maybe he has no sense of fashion and he likes his style?

        I'm very curious what he did the last seasons. He clearly didn't find a new princess to please, or friends. That makes me sad, poor Groo.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nina View Post
          The fact that he was in LA would probably mean that he never left LA. I'm not sure why he would go back to his old fashion, maybe like you said ... going back to his own look after finding out that Cordy didn't want him anyway ... or maybe he has no sense of fashion and he likes his style?

          I'm very curious what he did the last seasons. He clearly didn't find a new princess to please, or friends. That makes me sad, poor Groo.
          I'm curious about what happened to Groo too, for some reason I thought that Groo would randomly meet Kate somewhere and they'd start their own demon hunting/crime fighting team, but that was obviously just in my head.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            I think Lynch basically said that A) he liked Groo more as the guy he was in Pylea -- the hair and the look and all, and that B) it would make sense for Groo to go back to that after trying to blend in for a few months just because... that's who Groo is. But, really, it was mostly that he and Urru thought it was more fun for Groo to be this guy. That's also why he looks different on the one cover than he does in the book, because that cover was done before they decided what Groo they wanted to use.
            sigpic
            Banner by LRae12

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
              I think Lynch basically said that A) he liked Groo more as the guy he was in Pylea -- the hair and the look and all, and that B) it would make sense for Groo to go back to that after trying to blend in for a few months just because... that's who Groo is. But, really, it was mostly that he and Urru thought it was more fun for Groo to be this guy. That's also why he looks different on the one cover than he does in the book, because that cover was done before they decided what Groo they wanted to use.
              That cover wouldn't happen to be the one with everyone on it? I never could tell who that extra guy was, I thought it was Lindsay to be honest.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                That's the one .. there was a lot of discussion about that mystery figure. And you're not the only one who thought that it was Lindsay, a lot of people believed that it was him.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah. That's what Lynch said about it. The guy was Groo. When I saw it and realized it was him, I was a little disappointed because… Well, in my mind it wouldn’t make sense for Groo to keep his Angel look. That was his arc in season 3—Cordy was trying to change him into Angel and while I doubt Groo would be bitter about it, he wouldn’t stay that way. He’d go back to being what he felt comfortable being. I’m glad they changed him back.

                  Also, in the First Night hardcover, there is a story about Groo that might explain a few things.
                  "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    When it comes to Groo I always felt he changed because he loved Cordelia and he wanted to please her. Naturally he's probably more inclined to look and act the way he did on Pylea because thats where he's spent mst of his life and its where he became the person and champion he is.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      According to the extras in one of the hardcovers, Groo has been earning a living by posing for covers of romance novels. So there's one possible reason for the barbarian look.

                      And I agree with others, he's had that style for most of his life. It's what he's comfortable with.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That's a fantastic idea ... it's really something that Groo would do.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Right? That's so funny it's not even funny! lol
                          "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X