Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think ...

... about the vision Wesley gave Angel.

I think that the vision was fake ... W&H never knew on which side Angel would be in the apocalypse, and if he was on their side ... why give him a reason to die? I think that Angel is on the 'good' side and they want him to die before he can fullfill that prophecy. So they show him something he doesn't want to happen and he picks death. W&H wouldn't be W&H if they would do it the easy way ... Angel dies because of what his friends were doing.

About Wesley's role; I have no idea. You would think that Wesley is smart enough to understand the games W&H are playing. But I refuse to believe that Wesley became evil, so I'll go with the idea that Wesley has lost his brains somewhere ... or that he has a plan.

edit:
    Which is an option that I forgot in my own poll. *stupid*
    real, and Wesley showed this to Angel so it wouldn't happen.
    18.18%
    real, but Angel didn't understood it right.
    18.18%
    fake, and Wesley showed Angel because Wesley thinks that it's real.
    27.27%
    fake, Wesley showed Angel because he wants Angel dead.
    0.00%
    I don't know ... I'll wait and be suprised.
    36.36%
    Something else.
    0.00%
    Last edited by Nina; 06-09-08, 05:23 PM.

I voted that I don't know, because I'm not sure. I was veering towards "fake, and Wesley showed Angel because Wesley thinks that it's real" and "real, but Angel didn't understood it right"

I can totally believe that Wesley still thinks that Angel could turn on those nearest to him, albeit with outside influences (read: W&H) like he believed in S3 with Connor and so would believe what the SP told him, but he's a bit too smart to not realise that W&H never knew which side Angel would be on or they wouldn't have played all these mind games to get him to go "dark" all the time.

So maybe the vision was real, but as someone said in the Issue 12 thread, that just because Angel(us) is standing in the midst of all these bodies doesn't mean that it was a bad thing and Angel just didn't see anything other than him killing all those people. Maybe he did kill them all but he was still on the side of good and those bodies were on the side of evil, or maybe Angel comes across those bodies during his battle with the forces of evil in the apocolypse and vamping in anger. To be fair that's an awful lot of bodies and heads on spikes etc. I doubt even Angelus could rack up that much body count.

Also, we can't see what Angel(us) is looking at - it could be hordes of demons coming towards him and he is preparing to battle them...
    sigpic

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

Comment

Personally I've always had the sinking feeling that Angel was going to be with the Senior Partners at the crunch time, purely because why else not have him killed if he was going to be on the good side and be so important. It make no sense to keep someone alive when you know they'll be against you when you have millions of opportunities to have him killed. I think Wesley wanted Angel to die so that it could never happen, but the repercussions of that for everyone could be far worse. Particularly if the Senior Partners resurrect Angel into Angelus, or like they've done with Wesley. Angel is contracted just like Wesley right? So they can do anything they like to him.

Comment

I voted that it was fake, but Wesley thinks it's real. I almost went with "I'm not sure" because I really am thrown after the last issue. I am confused about something, though. If Angel didn't sign the shansu away, then it's still controlled by the PTB. Why would they reward Angel for massacring the human race? The reward doesn't make sense if the outcome is the last panel of this comic.

I also am starting to think Cordelia wasn't real. I think it was a way for them to play on Angel's emotions and remind him, again, of all the pain he has caused the ones he loves.

Comment

Originally posted by Roses-r-Red View Post
          I am confused about something, though. If Angel didn't sign the shansu away, then it's still controlled by the PTB. Why would they reward Angel for massacring the human race? The reward doesn't make sense if the outcome is the last panel of this comic.
          Ok so I just re-read it, and my thoughts are that Angel's signature would've voided the Shanshu but W&H didn't file it, so the contract was never actually voided. W&H have made him human now as part of his personal hell - quote "Breaking him so he can't be what he has to be to help". Wesley states that the Shanshu is about Angel and says that "he will be rewarded for his troubles". Note the use of the future tense. He hasn't Shanshued, he has been given a false humanity by the Senior Partners.

Again because of the future tense - he will still be rewarded for his part in the apocolypse, and therefore the vision Wes gives Angel that shows "The Shanshu Prophecy being carried out" must mean that he will be given his humanity after this apocolypse - if he is on the side of good.

It doesn't answer why W&H gave him the vision or whether it is true or not, though.
          sigpic

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

Comment

Working...
          X