Fang Gang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fang Gang?

This occured to me in another thread as I was about to reffer to Angel's current lineup as the "fang gang".

It doesn't feel right to call them that now that Angel is fangless. I think we need a new name for the group.

"Team Angel" has always been a popular one. Angel's Avengers would be funny too. What do you guys think? Anyone have any awesome suggestions?

I'm always using Angel's team because I don't know anything better. But I love Ministers of Grace (Used by Strega from TWOP), Angel's angels always cracked me up ... I doubt that the team is alright with that name. Angel's Avengers would be funny as well. But maybe they will go back to Angel investigations and we can call them AI again.

Comment

The "Fang Gang" name has always confused me because I've seen it many times been used to describe two different gangs. The first being Angel's gang (which I've used on many occasions) and the vampire gang Angelus/Spike/Dru/Darla. Which one is correct? I guess the vamps make more sense but Angel's team still works seeing as he's the leader and a vamp.. or was... which brings me to....

.... no idea. I honestly don't know what to call them. I always liked Lilah when she calls them "Team Angel" in 'Home.' It always had a nice ring to me. Simple and effective.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Here's how I've always seen it.

I've alway seen "fang gang" to reffer to Angel's group. Angel, Doyle, Cordelia, Wesley, Gunn, Lorne, Fred, Conner, Spike and to a lesser extent Illyria and Harmony were all people who were at one point part of the "fang gang". They were called this I guess because Angel had fangs and they were his gang.

Darla/Angelus/Drusilla/Spike were the "fanged four". They all had fangs and there were four of them. They weren't the "fang gang", they were the "fanged four".

Comment

I'm a personal fan of the Ministers of Grace too, Nina, since I love Strega's recaps. Plus, it's easy to type: "The MoG went to the store..."

I'm not too big on "fang gang" just because I think it sounds too cutesy. I do like "Team Angel" and "Angel's Avengers", only because whenever I read them, I hear them in Lilah and Spike's mocking tones, respectively.
          The story's kinda bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian who needs to return the ring back to Mordor.

Comment

I like the A-Team or Team Angel. Or Angel Inc. But I usually refer to them as the A-Team. It's nostalgic ("I pity the fool!") and fits the group.
            -TP<3
            "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
            - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

i always use fang gang and A.I. i prefer in-show names.

i've never seen or heard MoG.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
              "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Nah, they'll always be the 'Fang Gang' to me as well. 'Fangless Angel or not.

Comment

I think Fang Gang referred to Angel and Spike anyways. It's what Gunn called them in NFA right before the Big Alley Fight.
                  -TP<3
                  "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                  - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

I think he actually calls them "Fang Boys". So...Gunn's referring to their vamp status, obviously, but that kind of implies that he doesn't consider Wes and Lorne (whom he doesn't yet realize won't be making the trip to the alley) to be "Fang Boys" as well. So I take that to mean that the four vamps are the "Fang Gang", and Angel's group is something else.
                    The story's kinda bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian who needs to return the ring back to Mordor.

Comment

Working...
                    X