Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And why the heck is the dragon names that!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And why the heck is the dragon names that!

The big mystery in the story is of course the name of Angel's dragon. We know that he named her, we know that Connor and George are suprised by the name and we know that the dragon is a girl. So, what's her name?
    Dragon
    5.56%
    Mushu (The tiny dragon from Mulan)
    0.00%
    Mandy (Oh Mandy!)
    72.22%
    Tintaglia (From the Tawny Man trilogy)
    0.00%
    Angel
    0.00%
    Angel's dragon
    0.00%
    Charizard (the pokemon)
    0.00%
    Faffy (from Dave the Barbarian)
    0.00%
    Penelope (From Barbie as Rapunzel)
    0.00%
    Puff (the Magic Dragon)
    5.56%
    Bindy (Meaning 'Beautiful Serpent')
    0.00%
    Britney Spears
    5.56%
    Elizabeth Alexandra Mary
    0.00%
    Nessie
    0.00%
    Cinderella
    0.00%
    Laidly Wyrm (once a princess, now a dragon)
    0.00%
    Teddy
    0.00%
    Xiuhcoatl 'Fire Serpent'
    0.00%
    Laa-Laa (Teletubbie)
    0.00%
    Something else ... he called her;
    11.11%

Mandy has often been suggested It certainly works, given Angel's obsession with the song. Though could be Barry if it's a boy?

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Oh I am going to be so disappointed if you're wrong wolfie.
      Maybe some irish based dragon name, any especially famous irish dragons?
      sigpic
      A Boy Named Jayne

Banner and avie by LRae12

Comment

I just had the fun to find 19 potential names and put them in a poll.

My guess; Mandy or Puff.

edit:
        I went with Puff, because it would be more fun if the name wasn't Mandy ... because everybody is already thinking that it is Mandy because Angel loves the song (way too much). I guess that Connor should be happy that he isn't a girl.
        Last edited by Nina; 17-08-08, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I think its either Mandy or he named her after Cordelia. Mandy I can see inspiring some comical surprise, Cordy genuine surprise as Wesley's already mentioned that apparently he can't even bring himself to speak her name these days.

Comment

mandy would be really funny.

puff's already been joked about, so it probably won't be that.

well, then there's elliot... but i seem to be one of the only people that seem to get that reference (pete's dragon). "he has the head of a camel, the neck of a crocodile..."

well, the puff the magic dragon reference also goes well with the kind of music angel and lorne are both into (heavy on the oldies balladeers, or in lorne's case, the disco divas).

mandy would be the biggest guffaw.

doubt it's named cordy. if you want to go for the most ridiculous name in the 'verse (on purpose), it'd be buffy ("well, it's a terrible name." "my mother gave me that name." "your mother, yeah, she's a genius."). willow gets points for "little tree" and fred gets points for the male name jokes. meh, really doubt it.

mandy and puff are probably the most likely.

here's a few dragon songs (for kicks):
            Puff, The Magic Dragon (Peter, Paul & Mary): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIDZAJoXLvI
            I Love You, Too (Sean Marshall): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Woo4oBWDA
            I Swear I Saw A Dragon (Mickey Rooney): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr-b8whkEmA
            It's Not Easy (Sean Marshall & Helen Reddy): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ake_6Pr8VmM
            Last edited by NileQT87; 20-08-08, 09:13 AM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
            "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

I think her name is Buffy... (I hope her name is Buffy!)
              -TP<3
              "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
              - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Brian Lynch has confirmed that the dragon is male. It would annoy me if he was given a girl's name.

How about Barry? Or perhaps Liam? Or maybe he gave it a dog's name?

Comment

Male, why is it a female in my head? I must've made that up. *crazy*

Puff is male as well ...

Comment

I voted for other, I know what the name is 'cause I've read #12, but I would've said Buffy because of how she was supposed to be the love of his life and vice versa.

Spoiler:
                    Although that fact that it's name is Cordelia wasn't far off, I mean, he technically loved her too, so yeah.
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      the name had nothing to do with someone angel loved, it was what angel was calling out, hoping that cordelia would be able to hear him. wesley was also trying to contact cordy, but that was hardly out of romantic love. the dragon thought angel was calling out for him, so it took the name "cordelia", when angel was trying to contact cordy/the ptbs for help.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                      "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Angel never said anything about trying to contact Cordy for the Powers, simply that she's who he needed -- "... I learned to focus on something else. I imagined you. I talked to you the entire time. I didn't actively choose you. when I'm conscious it still hurts to say your name. But when I needed someone, there you were. I guess it makes sense, during my time in Los Angeles, you were what kept me sane."

Between that and the line later on, seems more straightforward to say he was calling out for the woman he loved. *Shrug*.
                        sigpic
                        Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Angel never said anything about trying to contact Cordy for the Powers, simply that she's who he needed -- "... I learned to focus on something else. I imagined you. I talked to you the entire time. I didn't actively choose you. when I'm conscious it still hurts to say your name. But when I needed someone, there you were. I guess it makes sense, during my time in Los Angeles, you were what kept me sane."

Between that and the line later on, seems more straightforward to say he was calling out for the woman he loved. *Shrug*.
                          aah! I'm I the only one finding that very cute and kind of sad?

Comment

Well color me Cordy! I would not have guessed that!

And yes - it's very cute and sad. It does sound as if he were describing a woman he loved very much. And with what he said in the above quote - it wasn't the chick I thought was the Dragon's name.
                            -TP<3
                            "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                            - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

It's kind of nice as an Cangellover to finally see it in print. But it's sad to. I really hope it's not an evil Cordy, but I don't think she's real either.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                There's definitely a romantic tone between Angel/Cordy in Issue #12 I mean he says.. "Cordy I love you" but I actually didn't get a romantic vibe as for the reason he was calling out for her. I don't believe it's for the same reasons Wesley was, but because even as his friend, as Angel states, Cordy "kept him sane" in LA. He misses her, he bonded with her, it was most of the time them two against the others. I got a friendship vibe more so than a romantic one in that scene.

But from the end of season three onwards there's always been a thin line between friendship/romance with Angel and Cordelia so it's really hard to tell. One minute their talking as friends, next minute in the romantic sense, it's overlapping and dropped without warning, it's hard to always follow frankly.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Working...
                                X