Cover for Issue Ten!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover for Issue Ten!!

So Brian Lynch continues to provide excellent tidbits on his myspace page. Check out this gorgeous cover
    for issue ten. I think it's my favorite so far.
    "All I ask is that... that you try to see me."

WOW! What a cover! The only thing that would make it the BEST for me is if it was SPIKE! And Illyria looks good until you get to the legs - cankles anyone?
    (Hope it's the shin armor... )
    -TP<3
    "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
    - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

looks like amy acker has been taking steroids and gotten male body builder legs.

i wonder why it is that angel's aging... because he was technically back to being a 26 year old human. has hell-time gone 12-almost-13 years forward to david's age? is this w&h's way of destroying him... making him waste his human life in their hell?

interestingly, none of his other crew has aging issues due to being a living human (who knows what lorne's lifespan is)... so it would just be him aging.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
      "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Pretty awesome cover, probably the best for the series yet.

Illyria's legs really don't look weird, its just the way they are positioned, and not to mention her foot is buried under snow.

I think Angel just looks a lot more older because of the cold, I mean he looks a tad frost bitten no?

Also, THANK GOD! An Illyria that doesn't look like crap! Yeesh! I have been waiting and waiting!
        Love to write? Take the Fanfic Challenge!

Unapologetic Mockers: BACK WITH AN ALL NEW LAYOUT!

Comment

Originally posted by EndersWrath View Post
          I think Angel just looks a lot more older because of the cold, I mean he looks a tad frost bitten no?
          If you read Brian's post he comments that Angel is showing age.

"Angel really looks human and older and worn out."
          Probably because he is mortal now so he is aging. He doesn't say how fast he is aging.
          -TP<3
          "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
          - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

I didn't think that Angel had literally aged that much; I just thought that the illustration was exaggerated to make a point. It's only been a few months in hell, and I don't think time has been messed with that much. Well, at least not within hell itself. I won't make any assumptions about how hell-time matches up with earth-time.

I'm glad Illyria has more muscular legs. It was one of the first things I noticed, and I thought, "Well, she should. She's a god. She needs to look strong."

This one's definitely my favorite so far. I love the ice/fire juxtaposition. And I wonder if it's a literal interpretation of "hell freezing over"-- or something totally unexpected occurring this issue. (Unlike all the rest, which had completely predictable plot twists ) Of course, Brian said that this scene actually does occur in the issue, so maybe not.
            The story's kinda bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian who needs to return the ring back to Mordor.

Comment

illyria isn't a god. IT's a pure demon with god-like powers who is trapped in a stick-figure body that makes illyria furious because of how little it can do and is embarrassed by the size of the shell and the fact that fred's body couldn't contain all of illyria's powers.

if anything, that alone should be reason enough to keep the fred shell/fred very twiggy... it says something about illyria's fate.

and believe it or not--urru's done a good job of keeping illyria/fred a fair bit smaller than the others.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
              "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

But aren't all gods pure demons?

Beautiful cover, the colours and arc are fantastic.

Angel must be really tired, and that's the reason why he looks 'older' I guess. They can't make him too old, because a hero who is too old to fight on a high level is a high risk for the story. Nope, I think that Angel needs a bed and some good food.
                Nina
                and her haircut.
                Last edited by Nina; 29-03-08, 01:09 PM.

Comment

The cover looks really pretty. Angel looks like if he caught a cold or something.

~Trish

Comment

no, gods and pure demons are separate beings in the jossverse.

though illyria refers to ITself as a "god-king"--powerful as one, perhaps, but a pure demon all the same. it's well-established by drogyn and wesley that illyria is a pure demon--one of the "old ones". it's also established that the wolf, ram and hart are also pure demons, but were less than illyria in its heyday. the senior partners are also not the wolf, ram and hart--being that one is dead and one is named "mr. suvarta".

glorificus, the other two hell gods, and probably jasmine and the ptbs were the gods we saw/heard about.

Comment

Working...
                    X