Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Joss Episode of Ats (so far...I hope)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Joss Episode of Ats (so far...I hope)

I like Joss polls So I've listed all the episodes that he's written (or co-written etc) and directed in Angel. Pick your favourite.
    I went with A Whole in the World, mostly because everything in the episode flows so well, and I love me a heartbreaking good story. Some say it's a bit cheesy, but I think it's just enough cheese.. not quite my favourite Angel episode, but close. Thinking about Angel season 5 makes me miss this show I also really enjoy Judgment, Smile Time and NFA.. almost voted for NFA. Awesome ending.
    City Of
    5.26%
    I Fall to Pieces
    0.00%
    Sanctuary
    5.26%
    Judgment
    0.00%
    Waiting in the Wings
    7.89%
    Spin the Bottle
    2.63%
    Conviction
    2.63%
    Smile Time
    7.89%
    A Hole in the World
    23.68%
    Not Fade Away
    44.74%
    Last edited by alexa; 26-09-07, 11:59 AM.
    sigpic

I voted for NFA although to be fair he didn't write it all on his own! Though I think I could probably guess which scenes he wrote in the episode. I could be wrong but I would guess the scene between Angel and Harmony was written by Joss, with the reference back to Sunnydale and Btvs and just the dialouge I think it is very Joss.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I picked 'A Hole in The World'. I love that episode, it had a great story to it and I actually thought the way Fred died was done pretty well. I wasn't really a big fan of Not Fade Away but it would be between that or Waiting In The Wings for my second favorite.
      sigpic
      Go ahead, call it a coccoon crash

Comment

I personally had no problem with how Fred died either. People say it was cheesy but I didn't think so. I thought it was wonderfully done with some really great acting, directing and lines. My favourite Lorne moment ever is when he slaps Eve and threatens her like he does, it shows how much he cared for Fred.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I really didn't know what to choose so in the end I went with Waiting in the Wings. Although I was tempted to go with Spin the Bottle. But A Hole in the World and Not Fade Away are both awesome, too. But Waiting is so interesting. The villians have those neat masks and I happen to love all the Angel/Cordy moments (). It has a different pace and feel than most Angel eps and in that respect it stands apart from the pack. Besides, who doesn't love Summer Glau?
          sigpic
          follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Hmm, it's funny b/c some of these epps are so good, and some are sooo bad (like I Fall to Pieces, Conviction, Smile Time). I was torn b/t NFA and WITW, but I went with NFA (ironic, huh, considering my banner set?), b/c it ranks higher overall than WITW. But I also loved AHITW (which IMO had the most tragic and heart-breaking death of the series, of perhaps both series, though Wes's death gives Fred a run for its money (though it's not quite as tragic b/c Wes wasn't all that happy in life anyway, and hopefully might be reuinited with Fred in death)) and Spin the Bottle, and Sanctuary and Judgement (though they don't rank as highly as NFA, WITW, AHITW, and STB).
            Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

I went with Not Fade Away, but I also love Spin the Bottle, Smile Time, City Of... and A Hole in the World but NFA was so sleek, only Joss could leave the ending so open and yet at the same time give it the closure it needs. It is definately one of the best Jossverse episodes ever.
              sigpic

Comment

I had to go with "A Hole in the World". While I hate it because of our beloved Fred, it was an amazingly well done episode. It was beautiful and tragic and it was just wonderful.

I'll never forget that moment.

Angel: Guys-
                (I believe it was) Spike: You don't have to say it.
                Angel: I'm going to anyway. Winifred Burkle.
                "You're the one Buffy"

Comment

I probably would have voted "Smile Time" had I not seen it a million plus times, so I voted for "Spin the Bottle." I loved "A Hole in the World" as well, but I'm a person who needs their giggles, so I went with a funnier episode I loved the gang being in that "Tabula Rasa"-type situation where nobody really knew what was going on and Angel and his "tiny minstrels" cracked me up. Also, was it just my imagination, or was there a hidden metaphor in all the vamp-human, heavy breathing, locked bathroom door stuff in there somewhere...? Brilliant.

Comment

I hesitated between AHITW and NFA and ultimately chose AHITW. It's an episode that I rewatch pretty often, particularly now when the season 6 is in development. It's an episode in which I discover something new and unusual every time I rewatch it.

There are so many interesting details embedded into the plot. I hope they'll be developed in comics. For example, "Why can't I stay?" was heartbreaking and mesmerizing. I've got the impression that Fred was addressing to Illyria. It opens a lot of interesting possibilities in upcoming season if Joss intends to stick to his original "plan A".

Another interesting moment: Illyria's first manifestation in Fred's body happens when Fred sings a song.

Why? Is it just a metaphor or art as the only means to re-awaken the old and often terrible glory of the great warriors of the past? Or Joss wanted to use the trick later and make music a "trigger" to Fred\Illyria switch (like the song that controlled Spike in Sleeper and NLM).

It's these details that make the episode so addictive. Plus - Angel and Spike holding hands!
                    ________
                    Chrysler M Platform Specifications
                    Moscow Watcher
                    Bug #3
                    Last edited by Moscow Watcher; 18-03-11, 10:45 AM.

Comment

I Picked NFA as it is the Perfect ending to the Series. Between
                      Spoiler:
                      Wesley's Death, Lindsey's death, Lorne's Betrayal
                      and The Final Battle which Included every Vampire and Demon the SP could think of Plus a Dragon. The Fact that we get to see a Little bit of Emotion from Illyria after Wes
                      Spoiler:
                      Dies
                      is a breakthrough. Last but not least, Angels quote at the end "Well, personally, I kind of want to slay the dragon" is one of the Best lines of the Episode. The Fade to Black was The Best Thing to do, as it Allowed us "the Fans" Decide what we Thought Happened to Angel and Company.
                      sigpic

Comment

Skinless, I don't think we need spoiler tags anymore for Angel

I have to say Not Fade Away, which might be my favorite Angel episode ever! It has it all, action (Angel vs. Hamilton), drama (Wes and Fred!), humor (HARMONY!), etc.! I was pulled into the episode with all the twists and turns. When Wes was killed and Illyria felt the pain, it was so sad. Then, she turned around and punched a hole in that guys head! Bad-ass! I loved it all. Loved, loved, loved.

But, Joss didn't do as many AMAZING episodes on Angel, tbh. And Jeffery Bell might've helped a lot with NFA. I mean, he did other fantastic fan favorites like "Forgiving" and "The Magic Bullet".

Comment

Working...
                        X