Buffyverse Fans! Help Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffyverse Fans! Help Me

Im studying media at school and we have to do a case study on a television show so i picked Buffy but then decided to do the Buffyverse as a whole.

Here are a few things i have to write about:

-The three differnet media platforms that relate to the text, so im doing Buffy and Angel for Broadcast, The two canonicals comics and a review for print and i have no idea what i coudl do for e-media.

-Research the institution.
    -Write about the semiotic, narrative and genre codes.
    -Representations-Im doing feminism, sexuality and probably human nature.
    -The target audience.
    -Cross media connections, synergy and intertextuality.
    -promotion to the audience.

So who is going to help me get an A.

By e-media, do you mean a form of media that takes place on the internet. If so, there's always Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog that fits into the Jossverse...although it's not really Buffy related.

There's lots of information around dissecting Buffy and Angel, so you'll have alot to work from. Great subject to chose, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by [erin nicole] View Post
      By e-media, do you mean a form of media that takes place on the internet. If so, there's always Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog that fits into the Jossverse...although it's not really Buffy related.

That would be my suggestion. Because at the time these shows aired there really wasn't much supplemental on the internet for any show. So, if you included Joss Whedon projects as a whole, you could include Dr. Horrible. And that would be a great case study because it was/is highly popular and has a lot of info on the net about it, i.e. interviews and articles.
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

E-Media is stuff that is media on the internet, so basically its the internet as the internet is media. Now i would do that but i only want to do stuff that is Canon Buffyverse. I mean part of my E-media i'm using this site and imdb but i want like an official site or something like that. Stuff that is in the buffyverse. Thanks guys by the way.

Oh i cant do Joss as a whole as it has to be on fictional broadcast i asked if i could do sarah michelle gellar and my teacher was like noooooooooo, it has to be a show or a collection of shows. So buffyverse it is.

Comment

Originally posted by -beardo- View Post
          E-Media is stuff that is media on the internet, so basically its the internet as the internet is media. Now i would do that but i only want to do stuff that is Canon Buffyverse. I mean part of my E-media i'm using this site and imdb but i want like an official site or something like that. Stuff that is in the buffyverse. Thanks guys by the way.

Oh i cant do Joss as a whole as it has to be on fictional broadcast i asked if i could do sarah michelle gellar and my teacher was like noooooooooo, it has to be a show or a collection of shows. So buffyverse it is.
          For a collection of shows, can't you do the Jossverse? Firefly, Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible, etc....

Comment

We have to study two shows to versions of print and two versions of e-media

Buffy and Angel-Show
            season 8 and after the fall-print
            ? and imdb-e-media

Comment

OH. Okay, well, unfortunately, there is no more official site. And the official DVD site has a bunch of links that don't work. However, if you still want to check it out: Official DVD Site That Has Some Unworking Links

And then, I don't think they are official, but there are some extremely good resource sites for all your Buffyverse needs. I know you want something canon, but just in case you can't find that, here are a few.

BuffyForums Homepage
              BuffyWorld
              BuffyGuide
              BBC Buffy Homepage

Hope some of those help

Comment

Originally posted by -beardo- View Post
                We have to study two shows to versions of print and two versions of e-media

Buffy and Angel-Show
                season 8 and after the fall-print
                ? and imdb-e-media

Perhaps you can use some old interviews and the like from Whedon, the writers and actors from the time the show was airing. Sites like whedonesque might give you some more ideas on what other e-media things are out there.
                sigpic
                follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Or, e-media, could that include fan made things? Because then you have all kinds of goodies on YouTube- fanvids! And while many fan vids are character based, there are def some season eight credits out there, that kind of thing!

Comment

How about the e-comic that went with the Harmony Bites issue of the comic and the vampycat one?
                    sigpic

http://buffysmom.wordpress.com/

Comment

Also, Harmony's Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/harmonybites
                      It's official as far as I know. Good example of e-media I think. (Or maybe it could be said it's just for promoting?)
                      sigpic
                      banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

Ye good idea guys.

So for E-Media i might do IMDB, Whedonesque and there is abit i have to write about about cross-media stuff which is where i can write about Harmony Bites.

Thanks guys. Now some help on the writing stuff.

Comment

Okay, or something else I thought of on my way home - coz it's not like I don't have my own assignments, but yours is MUCH more interesting- I don't know if it fits, but what about soundtrack cds- there are some featuring songs from the shows, and some featuring the score...

Oh, and will you show us your assignment when it's done?

Comment

Im doing a powerpoint presentation and im doing a word document. Ill send them when im complete if you want. It won't be good though.

Comment

I'd like to read it too. How long is it? Maybe you could post it here? It could be start of a thread.
                              sigpic
                              banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

As soon as it is finished guys it will be up. i'm so glad i found this board. i used to go to IMDB and well that irs crap compared to here. Everyone is friendly here and we can discuss buffy like civilised people. And i can discuss seans eight as well.

Oh and hey guys seeing as you are Buffyverse fans, go on the season 8 bored and read my new unofficial buffyverse canon rule.

Comment

Oh, definitely! BuffyForums beats IMBD any day I just had to post that hehe

And I would like to see the finished product, too

Comment

An interesting subsection of the E-Media is the scholarly analysis of Buffy works.

Slayage Online is probably the most infamous website in terms of scholarly articles about Buffy ranging from family to sexuality to relationships.

Didn't realize it was so late, sorry. Still working on the project? Could be used for a future project too.
                                    Last edited by DawnBTVS; 26-03-09, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                    X