NEWS! Feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWS! Feedback?

Alright... I would say I have the bulk of the nominations now, I know for a fact that there are 2 still to get their nominations in, but for now, I'm ready to divulge some figures, ooooo!!!

Okay, so far we have had 42 artists nominating in this year's event. (Last year we had 36 artists that nominated)

Now, I know I said some our categories weren't getting many nominations, but some got a heck of a lot. I think it averaged out pretty well.
    It averages out as 27 nominations per category, (we've actually had 767 nominations spread out over 28 categories - and 656 unique wallpapers nominated!!! Last year we had 461 nominations spread over 22 categories).

So we are going to have a LOT of work ahead of us when it comes to nominating... As it stands voting forms are being posted on February 1st, and are due back on 4th March... what I want from you is some feedback on whether or not you think this will be sufficient time to judge this number of nominations.

I will be making the nominations available online as links, as well as .zip files for download so that you can make the process easier.

Let me know what you think about the time scale as we do have more categories and more nominations (by approximately 150!!) than we did last year.

Obviously we can't take forever doing this, but if you feel an extra few days would really help then let me know, I want to make this a great process all around, and with the great turn out in nominations we can expect a great event when it comes around to it... now we just need to get the bit in the middle sorted!!

Let me know what you think!
    SJ
    xox

UPDATED January 31st AFTER the email was sent! More nominations added!
    Last edited by slaycandy; 02-02-09, 02:33 AM.
    sigpic
    Art by Sayjay at Radiance

The time sounds fine to me!

I think the key to doing this is to spend a few minutes every day and judge one or two categories. Because, really, if you do as little as one a day, then a month should be sufficient time.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I think that time would be find. I remember I did last years in about one week, (started in the last week), as long as people don't procrastinate too much

Comment

That's two months!! That sounds fine to me.

I tend to overthink it and go back and change stuff around if I have to long to do it, so any longer and I think I'd go crazy
        >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

Originally posted by Leloo View Post
          That's two months!! That sounds fine to me.

I tend to overthink it and go back and change stuff around if I have to long to do it, so any longer and I think I'd go crazy
          Huh? It's not two months.... it's 32 days.... 1st feb - 4th march.

But I still think it's plenty time, I was just wondering if people felt a few extra days would help lighten the load you know?

But I guess we can just stick with the dates we have, it works out perfectly for the ceremony on the Satruday night that weekend... the weekend before AND after I'm working events, so the ceremony would need to be midweek the following week or two weekends later otherwise, :O

SJ
          xox
          sigpic

Comment

Plus, the more chance you give people to procrastinate, the longer they will take... *remembers every assignment, ever*

Comment

Originally posted by slaycandy View Post
              Huh? It's not two months.... it's 32 days.... 1st feb - 4th march.

But I still think it's plenty time, I was just wondering if people felt a few extra days would help lighten the load you know?

But I guess we can just stick with the dates we have, it works out perfectly for the ceremony on the Satruday night that weekend... the weekend before AND after I'm working events, so the ceremony would need to be midweek the following week or two weekends later otherwise, :O

SJ
              xox
              LMFAO!! I had a blonde moment there

One month is plenty of time anyway, the longer I have to do things, the more I fuss over it and overthink it. like with my nominations *headdesk*

I think leaving the dates as they are will be just fine
              >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

I think that's plenty of time for everyone to get the nominations in. As Jenni Lou said just do a category per night and you should be okay. Can't wait!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Like everyone else, I think that is sufficient time to get in our votes. It seems like this is well organized, and if the voting period is any longer than we will have to wait longer to have the ceremony...which its hard enough waiting to see the nomination as is. :P

I want to see the pretties!

Comment

Nominations will be posted sooooon, I just got another form in... and I know I am waiting for 1 more, but there were computer issues so I doubt I'll get it until tomorrow now.

Nominations are announced sometime tomorrow, and then voting forms sent out 1st Feb.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X