ANNOUNCEMENT: Dates for events!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Dates for events!

Hey guys, I've been checking out the calendar for next year and to make sure everyone has enough time to get nominations, and votes done, these are the dates that I am proposing to use:

Nominations
    Nominations Begin: 1st January 2009
    Nominations Close: 30th January 2009
    Nominations Announced: 31st January 2009
    (30 days for nominations)

Voting
    Voting Forms Mailed: 1st February 2009
    Voting Period Begins: 1st February 2009
    Voting Period Ends: Wednesday 4th March 2009
    (32 days for voting)

Votes Counted & Verified 4th March - 7th March 2009

AFA Awards Ceremony 2009 held on Saturday 7th March 2009!!

That is roughly the schedule that I am looking at, it's been pushed back a little bit from last year to account for the extra categories, and I hope that is enough time for everyone.

Last year we held the event on a Saturday night and started it at approximately midnight UK time by the time I got back in from the night out I had forgotten about. This time I have made sure the date doesn't clash with anything, and so I am thinking about using the below times, which are the times that last year's event was originally scheduled for...

20.00 Start (GMT) = 12.00/14.00 in US = 21.00 EU = 22.00 Romania/Ukraine = 07.00 OZ
    23.00 End (GMT) = 15.00/17.00 in US = 00.00 EU = 01.00 Romania/Ukraine = 10.00 OZ

The US Times: Start-End
    Eastern Standard Time - 15.00 - 18.00
    Central Standard Time - 14.00 - 17.00
    Pacific Standard Time - 12.00 - 15.00

And much like last year I'll open up the Red Carpet prior to the event for some pre-event chatter!!!

Any questions, suggestions, etc... post and let me know your feelings on these dates and times, I'm happy to listen and alter as necessary!!

*hugs*
    Sayjay
    xox
    sigpic
    Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Sounds great, SJ! We can't thank you enough for all the hard work you put in to make this possible. It was a really fun event last and so cool to recognize everything awesome in fanart and our fabulous artists!!
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

March?! I don't have much time to pick out my outfit then! MUST.START.NOW. I can't have somebody swooping in and taking the title, can I

(So the awards tentatively end at about 3 pm here...It looks like the Night Owls are going to be more like...late afternoon owls )
      Last edited by little albatross; 08-12-08, 07:27 PM.
      would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

Well, last year it wound up getting pushed back about four hours so it didn't end until reeeeally late in the UK/Europe/etc... although I do know that a fair few folk stayed up for the event, I was contemplating pushing it back maybe two hours from the times above to make it a little later, but will see, the times are just an estimate atm,

SJ
        xox
        sigpic

Comment

Times sound great SJ!

Originally posted by little albatross View Post
          March?! I don't have much time to pick out my outfit then! MUST.START.NOW. I can't have somebody swooping in and taking the title, can I
          OMG, as hard as it is to pick what to wear...how am I supposed to pick my RED CARPET DATE?!! We so are going to have to coordinate here!

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by little albatross
            Originally posted by Ehlwyen
            OMG, as hard as it is to pick what to wear...how am I supposed to pick my RED CARPET DATE?!! We so are going to have to coordinate here!
            Who the hell am I gonna get to do my hair......Vidal is booked solid. *panic attack coming on* Aaaaaargh I'm gonna have last years hair!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by debbiefm View Post
              Who the hell am I gonna get to do my hair......Vidal is booked solid. *panic attack coming on* Aaaaaargh I'm gonna have last years hair!!!!!
              Don't worry! I moonlight on weekends as a fairy godmother!!!

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                You have an impressive resume. Anybody would be lucky to have you as their fairy godmother.

We'll have to coordinate these red carpet dates. We'll talk.
                would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

Originally posted by slaycandy View Post
                  20.00 Start (GMT) = 12.00/14.00 in US = 21.00 EU = 22.00 Romania/Ukraine = 07.00 OZ
                  on a saturday

And much like last year I'll open up the Red Carpet prior to the event for some pre-event chatter!!!
                  Even EARLIER I normally sleep until like, 11am on a saturday I'd better set the alarm clock. And the backup alarm. And the backup-backup alarm.
                  >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen
                    Praise be I am saved from having to wear a bin bag on my head. Now where did I put that pumpkin..........
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leloo View Post
                      on a saturday

Even EARLIER I normally sleep until like, 11am on a saturday I'd better set the alarm clock. And the backup alarm. And the backup-backup alarm.
                      Like I said it may get pushed back a couple of hours, :P
                      Then again... I may just make it earlier, :O
                      Lol, I wouldn't do that, :P

Heh.
                      SJ
                      xox
                      sigpic

Comment

I keep on thinking of this as being Saturday morning for those of us in Australia- but it really must be Sunday morning, for us, right, if it's Saturday night for those in America and Europe...?

Comment

oh no I have to work Saturday and I'll only be around for the first like, hour and a half of the ceremony. I was going to request off for the awards but then I was still waiting to find out when they would be and now my schedule is already made. bummer sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by Veverka View Post
                            I keep on thinking of this as being Saturday morning for those of us in Australia- but it really must be Sunday morning, for us, right, if it's Saturday night for those in America and Europe...?
                            Oh yeah, I've been thinking it was Saturday morning too, but it's not! It's Sunday
                            >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

Originally posted by Amber View Post
                              oh no I have to work Saturday and I'll only be around for the first like, hour and a half of the ceremony. I was going to request off for the awards but then I was still waiting to find out when they would be and now my schedule is already made. bummer sauce.
                              Oh no Call in sick

Originally posted by Leloo View Post
                              Oh yeah, I've been thinking it was Saturday morning too, but it's not! It's Sunday
                              I know, I think we kept talking about Saturday and reinforcing the wrong idea- then when I woke up this morning it came to me suddenly that we were wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Amber View Post
                                Dude I posted the dates in December, that was months ago!!! What are ya like woman!!
                                :P

SJ
                                x
                                sigpic

Comment

Dude I posted the dates in December, that was months ago!!! What are ya like woman!!
                                  :P

SJ
                                  x
                                  She'll call in sick. I promised to pose as her doctor

Comment

Heh good thinking! We need to have amber here for the event...... you know... if it even happens on Saturday

SJ
                                    x
                                    sigpic

Comment

Heh good thinking! We need to have amber here for the event...... you know... if it even happens on Saturday

SJ
                                      x
                                      *Slaps SJ (in a friendly, painless fashion) upside the head* IT WILL HAPPEN, WOMAN! Seriously! It WILL happen! I demand that it happens this Saturday! Hell, I've got my votes in and will have my awards in tomorrow night. That's a sign that it WILL happen simply because it's a miracle! HAVE FAITH, SAYJAY! HAVE FAITHHHHHHH!

Plus, it's totally gotta happen this weekend because otherwise I'll cry because of the rush I'm in to get my stuff in on time.

But, alas, I'm more concerned about your well-being than getting the awards ceremony as soon as possible. So do not fret, my dear! Whatever happens happens.
                                      wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

I actually have a familial engagement on Saturday. So I wouldn't be around either. So sad! Oh well.
                                        sigpic
                                        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Working...
                                        X