Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT! Designers needed! Categories Finalised!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT! Designers needed! Categories Finalised!

Hey guys,

Very sorry for my absence, I've not been well again, and have barely been able to come online due to having to catch up with all of my university work at home. I apologise for my disappearance, but am still 100% committed to making this event every bit as exciting as last year, if not better!!!

So, I have the final categories all worked out, since there was no dispute about increasing the number of categories, the final list is as follows:

The 2008/2009 AFA Ceremony: Proposed Categories

Category Grouping 1: Supernatural:
    ? Best Episodic
    ? Best Character/Actor Centric
    ? Best Couple/Group

Category Grouping 2: BtVS/Ats:
    ? Best BtVS/AtS Episodic
    ? Best Character Centric
    ? Best Couple/Group

Category Grouping 3: Other Series:
    ? Best Sci-Fi Series Wallpaper
    ? Best Supernatural/Fantasy Themed Series Wallpaper
    ? Best Comedy/Drama Series Wallpaper
    ? Best Moonlight Wallpaper

Category Grouping 4: Twilight:
    ? Best Movie/Book Scene Wallpaper
    ? Best Edward/Bella Wallpaper
    ? Best Non-E/B Couple Wallpaper
    ? Best Character Wallpaper

Category Grouping 5: Extra:
    ? Best Group or Male Celebrity Piece
    ? Best Female Celebrity Piece
    ? Best Book/Film Art

Category Grouping 6: Emotions:
    ? Best Dramatic Wallpaper
    ? Best Comedic Wallpaper
    ? Best Depiction of a Love Scene
    ? Best Tearjerker Wallpaper

Category Grouping 7: Techniques:
    ? Best Use of Stocks
    ? Best Use of Lighting
    ? Best Use of Colour
    ? Best Use of Textures/Brushes
    ? Best Use of Composition
    ? Best Manipulation in a Wallpaper
    ? Best Use of Text

There is a list of award designers on the list here
    If you want to fill a blank, email me, or fill out the application form on the website!!!

For the extra Twilight (and others) categories that have been added, I will need designers for these, so please let me know which of these you are willing to do. If you are currently on the list to do a Twilight category let me know which of the sub categories you would like, and I'll add you in!

I am currently making up a new list of designers with the new finalised categories that I hope to have online soon!!!

I know I said this in my email about award design, and on the site, but please, read the following carefully:

Do not put a placement on the award. You are not designing a specific place, you are merely designing an award. Please put nth place where the placement is to go. And use the letter N not some number you feel like adding in. It makes it easier for me to make sure no one wins their own award, and if there's no numbers on them then I won't get mixed up!

Thank you very much in advance to everyone that wishes to help out, I really do appreciate all the help that I can get at this late stage, and only wish I had, had the time before now to come on and get this organised. I am now on Christmas break and have plenty of time to dedicate to this event and will get back on track very soon!

My apologies!
    SJ
    xox

As of now, the DEADLINE for having AWARDS submitted to me is Sunday February 8, 2009. If you can them in earlier, it is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Ehlwyen; 07-12-08, 11:50 PM. Reason: added deadline
    sigpic
    Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Originally posted by slaycandy View Post
    Do not put a placement on the award. You are not designing a specific place, you are merely designing an award. Please put nth place where the placement is to go. And use the letter N not some number you feel like adding in. It makes it easier for me to make sure no one wins their own award, and if there's no numbers on them then I won't get mixed up!

oops! Wish I would have known that! I sent all mine awhile ago.

After you get all organized and the others sign up who haven't yet, let me and everyone know what other categories you still need completed and I would be happy to help out.

Hope things are going better for you now!!
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Okay, the list has been updated!!!

I need the following people to tell me which Twilight categories you want to be put down for and I will re-add you!!

# J.J.
      # Ehlwyen
      # Bre
      # Marie

Also Jenni-Lou could you maybe re-do your celebrity award as either a Female or Male/Group award? so sorry, with all of the confusion over the categories, I forgot you had already nominated yourself for that award!!

The application form is also working once again!!!

Check the list and anything that is blank is still free.

Anyone that has contacted me while I've been "missing" I have cleared my emails andhave no idea which you wanted to do so please re-contact me if you want to fill spaces. I have replied to some of PMs, if I haven't answered you, PM me again as there's a chance I overlooked it in my inbox, very sorry!

SO SO SO SORRY everyone!!!!
      *hugs to all!!!*
      SJ
      xox

And as a reminder about awards, I have copied this from the original email/posting about them:

So, what am I looking for exactly? I am looking for awards of any dimension or size like last time; they must have “AFA: Awards Ceremony 2009” or “AFA: 2nd Annual Awards Ceremony” written somewhere on them. And it must say which category the award is for; and have ‘artist title’, ‘wallpaper title’ and ‘nth place’. For those of you who have Photoshop, save the awards as .psds with text layers so that I can edit: placement, artist name, and wallpaper title. For those without Photoshop, if you can save the file as a .jpg with no text on it at all – and a second file with the text on it, so that I know where to add the text. If you could zip/rar these files with any fonts that you have used and send them over I would really appreciate it.
      Last edited by slaycandy; 04-12-08, 02:35 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Also Jenni-Lou could you maybe re-do your celebrity award as either a Female or Male/Group award? so sorry, with all of the confusion over the categories, I forgot you had already nominated yourself for that award!!
        I'll make it female celeb 'cause I believe I only used females on the actual award.
        sigpic
        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
          I'll make it female celeb 'cause I believe I only used females on the actual award.
          Thank you very much hun, updating the list now
          *hugs*
          SJ
          xox
          sigpic

Comment

Okay, the list has been updated!!!

I need the following people to tell me which Twilight categories you want to be put down for and I will re-add you!!

# J.J.
            # Ehlwyen
            # Bre
            # Marie
            I'll take a Best Movie/Book Scene Wallpaper Category award.

Wow. Jenni Lou is already done? Okay, I'm really far behind. But we still have several weeks so I don't see any obstacles in getting what I signed up for done. If I can do more, I'll let you know after I get a few done.

SAYJAY!!! Squee!!! I'm so glad to see you back. I was worried that you were ill again. I'm sorry to hear that is what kept you away. I hope you are doing better now.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Eh, is the deadline actually December 1st? Cos then I am like, REALLY far behind

I was planning on making mine while I'm on holiday, but I don't leave for another week
              >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

I have every intention of making awards.. do I have time? ACK!

I'm looking at the list now.

I thought there were several weeks left. I FAIL

Comment

Lol, yes, obviously I am pushing the date back to get the awards in since it was my fault I wasn't around to fill the list up etc.

It's going to be much the same as last year, probably get the awards in middle of February?

I am going to push the dates of the event itself back a little bit from last year to give people more time to vote since there are more categories, so we're looking at the event being beginning of March instead of end of Feb.

Hope that helps!!!
                  SJ
                  xox
                  sigpic

Comment

I am away this weekend working an event - but will hopefully get internet access in my room to keep up to date! If I vanish then that's why, but I'll be back Sunday night.
                    *hugs*
                    SJ
                    xox
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear you've been ill SJ, hope you are feeling heaps better now. Email will be winging it's way to you shortly with the list I'd like to do along with the actual awards. Really glad you decided to do this shindig again, especially when you haven't been in tip top condition.

Take care
                      sigpic

Comment

# J.J.
                        # Ehlwyen
                        # Bre
                        # Marie
                        Can I have Character and that Non E/B spot, since I was a brat and pushed for them as categories?
                        would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

Originally posted by Leloo View Post
                          Eh, is the deadline actually December 1st? Cos then I am like, REALLY far behind

I was planning on making mine while I'm on holiday, but I don't leave for another week
                          Well i missed that deadline. What the new one then?

I'm hoping to work on them the next couple weekends. (One weekend is rarely enough for me to accomplish anything. )

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Holy mother, this came up frakking fast. And since everything else is taken *g* I shall taketh Edward/Bella, 3rd. And 5th, if need be. My true love. And! I'll take a Twilight Character one.

Hello, my love!!! It's been so long since we've talked, it's so good to see you on here!!

And O.M.G. I've been so caught up in Bre-dramarama, I've missed deadlines. *head/desk* New one?

Comment

OOOH! I wanna do one!

Can I have a Twilight Character Centric spot please?!

When are these due by?!
                              Love to write? Take the Fanfic Challenge!

Unapologetic Mockers: BACK WITH AN ALL NEW LAYOUT!

Comment

Originally posted by little albatross View Post
                                Can I have Character and that Non E/B spot, since I was a brat and pushed for them as categories?
                                Added,

And it is a good category,
                                SJ
                                xox
                                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                                  Well i missed that deadline. What the new one then?

I'm hoping to work on them the next couple weekends. (One weekend is rarely enough for me to accomplish anything. )
                                  I thought I'd mentioned it above somewhere, but can't be bothered checking, so it will be middle of February, roughly the 14th or something?

SJ
                                  xox
                                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bre View Post
                                    Holy mother, this came up frakking fast. And since everything else is taken *g* I shall taketh Edward/Bella, 3rd. And 5th, if need be. My true love. And! I'll take a Twilight Character one.

Hello, my love!!! It's been so long since we've talked, it's so good to see you on here!!

And O.M.G. I've been so caught up in Bre-dramarama, I've missed deadlines. *head/desk* New one?
                                    Holy crap woman you just suck at reading instructions don't you?? :P
                                    There are NO PLACEMENTS... ok?
                                    If you wish to do 2 awards of the same category, that's fine... but they're not going to have placements on them, just put n'th place, and I'll swap the 'nth place' to whatever placement I see fit, or swap it to 'runner up'

SJ
                                    xox

PS. added you in for 2 E/B spots
                                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EndersWrath View Post
                                      OOOH! I wanna do one!

Can I have a Twilight Character Centric spot please?!

When are these due by?!
                                      Added you in!

Mid-February, 14th-ish? I'm not 100% certain, will need to sit down and work out a feasible schedule for events and then I'll post it later,

SJ
                                      xox
                                      sigpic

Comment

I sent you an email with the categories I'm volunteering for. Did you get it?

Comment

Working...
                                        X