T-shirts Project 1 (Shane S1 Top)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-shirts Project 1 (Shane S1 Top)

Basically, what the title says. I'm looking to renew and revitalize a bunch of my old tops since I usually can't find what I'm looking for anyway. That and I'm a horrible packrat when it comes to my clothes because I hate wasting them. I've also gotten pretty good at hand-sewing In any case, this is the first time I've really gone all-out and wanted to do something like this (without help, that is) and I wanted to share it with you guys =)

Michaels, which is a craft store in my town, has an amazing do-it-yourself book that I'm hoping to purchase to aid me in my quest for renewing. I highly recommend going there if you have one because it is absolutely amazing. Even someone like me who has the attention span of a soap dish could easily spend all day in that place. Anyway, the book is called Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-shirt. It runs about $15.00 if cost is an issue, but honestly it's sooo worth it! Even if you can't do simple hand-sewing, there's probjects where you can tie, snip, etc. pieces to turn them into something fun and funky to wear.

My first project is a little more or less beginner. As if you couldn't tell by my recent bulkage of new icons, I've been watching the L Word lately and I gotta say, I love Shane's style. The one outfit I was simply drawn to was that of the picture below. I've marked arrows to indicate the slight changes I plan to make - I don't wanna clone it after all

Click to see the image
    Spoiler:

That's the plan! I'll let you guys know how it's going and show off the finished product when I'm done =) I'm also creating my version of a witch or vampire costume for Halloween - basically me and my girlfriend don't wanna spend the money at Spirit, Spencer's, etc. LOL. But I'll try to get pics of that one as well; not as much work involved though
    Last edited by Kiera; 19-11-08, 07:20 PM.

That sounds like a very fun project. I agree, Shane has some excellent outfits, so it'd be great to see the results of your labour.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Thanks Wolfie =) I went out to Michaels and Jo-Ann Fabrics yesterday and got all the things I needed, plus that sweet Generation T book. I still haven't decided if I wanna try hand-sewing it or "cheating" and using the sewing machine. So I'm on Step 1.5 so far - gathering

Comment

Hope you have lots of fun doing it, can't wait to see the results

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Finished it! It took a bit to do, but I finally got it done and I think it looks awesome! Couldn't take a pic of myself or a before one to show what it looked like, but this is the best I could get with my cell phone =)

Comment

Working...
          X