Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Emmy Awards

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2008 Emmy Awards

    Any thoughts? I'm only half-watching because there is nothing else to do atm, but...

    Okay, I have loved Jeremy Piven for nearly 20 years. But come on, man! This is not his third consecutive win for Entourage--which is tremendous at, btw!--but spread the love! Neil Patrick Harris totally deserved the win!!!
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

  • #2
    These are the only awards I support/care about:

    Best Comedy Series - 30 Rock (but I wanted The Office mores!)
    Best Actress In Comedy - Tina Fey (although M-LP is a helluva lot better!)
    Best Directing In Drama - "House's Head" (awesomeness)
    Best Writing In Comedy - 30 Rock "Cooter" (although I wanted The Office's "Dinner Party" to win)
    Best Actor In Comedy - Alec Baldwin (although Steven Carell is funny, too)

    The Guest Actor/Actress awards, the Supporting Actor/Actress awards, and the rest of the Drama awards kind of went to crap, IMO. I haven't even heard of half the shows that were mentioned in those categories!

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm just irritated that they didn't show the Most Memorable Moment since I actually spent time voting for Buffy! Unless I'm just blind and missed when they showed it but I sat through the entire 3 hours and didn't hear an announcement but maybe you guys can tell me if I'm just going crazy or not.
      T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

      Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

      Comment


      • #4
        I can't tell about the ceremony but the winners are posted on the Emmy website and the winner in drama category is....
        Spoiler:
        Buffy The Vampire Slayer

        http://abc.go.com/primetime/emmys/in...themoments#t=0
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Hey that's pretty awesome!

          I thought it was pretty entertaining this year. I first started watching wit Josh Groban and that was pretty amusing and got me hooked haha. It made me sad to see all of the people who have passed and stuff, especially George Carlin.

          But I loved seeing everyone there. I was really surprised about the Survivor guy!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
            Any thoughts? I'm only half-watching because there is nothing else to do atm, but...

            Okay, I have loved Jeremy Piven for nearly 20 years. But come on, man! This is not his third consecutive win for Entourage--which is tremendous at, btw!--but spread the love! Neil Patrick Harris totally deserved the win!!!
            So totally agreeing with you here, Jenni! Yeah, Jeremy is great on Entourage and everything but c'mon! Three awards? NPH deserved it so much more. It's like giving James Spader (as great as he is on BL) an award, year after year.

            Originally posted by holypotatoes View Post
            I'm just irritated that they didn't show the Most Memorable Moment since I actually spent time voting for Buffy! Unless I'm just blind and missed when they showed it but I sat through the entire 3 hours and didn't hear an announcement but maybe you guys can tell me if I'm just going crazy or not.
            No, it wasn't mentioned, Stacy. I woke up at 4 in the morning to watch the show live and I had to sit through five and a half hours of a show (I watched the pre-Emmy bit, too. ) with spectacularly terrible emcees and not even have 'Buffy' being announced as the winner. What a slap in the face for us fans!

            That said, who loved seeing David Boreanaz on stage presenting the award to Tina Fey? I felt so proud to see him up there and realize how well he's doing after Angel. Also, Danny Strong's nomination was another thing we Whedonites can be proud of! Too bad he didn't win. Heard 'Recount' was amazing, though.

            Pandora's_Box, they didn't announce Buffy's name during the show.

            EDIT: Has anyone tried to send ABC an email about Buffy's snub? Try it! Their automatic reply is hilarious.
            Last edited by Ameer; 22-09-08, 01:42 PM.
            Banner and avatar by Nina

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
              I can't tell about the ceremony but the winners are posted on the Emmy website and the winner in drama category is....
              Spoiler:
              Buffy The Vampire Slayer

              http://abc.go.com/primetime/emmys/in...themoments#t=0
              Aww well now that irritates me! We had it in the bag and still didn't get to see it recognized at the Emmy's.

              Originally posted by Ameer View Post
              No, it wasn't mentioned, Stacy. I woke up at 4 in the morning to watch the show live and I had to sit through five and a half hours of a show (I watched the pre-Emmy bit, too. ) with spectacularly terrible emcees and not even have 'Buffy' being announced as the winner. What a slap in the face for us fans!
              Sorry you had to wake up at 4 hun. That sucks.
              T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

              Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by holypotatoes View Post
                Sorry you had to wake up at 4 hun. That sucks.
                Thanks.

                I was already cranky when I woke up and seeing Jeremy Piven win the very first award didn't help matters much. I really wanted NPH to win this year.
                Banner and avatar by Nina

                Comment


                • #9
                  btw, are "Damages" and "Mad Men" any good?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Damages I don't watch, but Mad Men is fantastic. I think that they deserved the emmy for best drama series. The acting, the writing, the clothes and the sets are amazing. But it takes some time to get into the story ... it took me almost a whole season.


                    I'm a bit sad that Dexter and/or MCH didn't recieve any award yesterday ... but I don't know half of the other nominees.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nina View Post
                      Damages I don't watch, but Mad Men is fantastic. I think that they deserved the emmy for best drama series. The acting, the writing, the clothes and the sets are amazing. But it takes some time to get into the story ... it took me almost a whole season.
                      Agreed. I also don't watch Damages but Mad Men is fantastic indeed. It alos took me nearly a whole season to get into it. Luckily for me AMC aired a marathon about two months ago and there was nothing else on so I watched as I did housework and whatnot. So yeah, it's good. It's just a little slow-going (but interesting nonetheless!)
                      sigpic
                      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        They didn't show Buffy! That's really quite bad of them. Looks like the series got snubbed again.

                        ~ Banner by Nina ~

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I?m planning to watch a rerun of the Emmys on Friday, but I?m a little angry that they didn?t show the clip from Buffy.

                          My channel is gonna start showing Damages, next Monday and I?m excited.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I just watched a rerun of the Emmys on Friday and I liked it. I only have two complaints: one is NPH not winning the award. I agree that they should spread the love but this is common in the Emmys. Once they get something they really like, they give Emmys like crazy. Also, I don?t like Jeremy Piven much. Second and this is a huge complaint, why didn?t they show us a clip from Buffy? They showed some clips of series who changed tv. They showed clips from Seinfeld, Desperate Housewives, The West Wing but no Buffy. Man, that really pissed me off! And Josh Groban sang the theme song for X-Files, South Park, Friends but again, no Buffy. The only way Buffy won the award was because of the fans because the Academy doesn?t care about Buffy.
                            I got really mad!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just a quick question? Why would Josh Groban sing the theme song to Buffy? How would Josh Groban sing the theme song to Buffy? But I agree, Buffy has been far more influential than Desperate Housewives, and if Seinfeld has been more influential I wouldn't call that a good thing...

                              I'm pleased as punch about 30 Rock's wins, it is amazing.
                              And while I haven't seen Mad Men as of yet, I find Damages to be a very engagingly plotted series with great acting and production values. I still think though that besides Battlestar Galactica (which like Buffy doesn't ever have much chance at Emmy victory, although I seem to recall it did at least get a writing nomination), Dexter is the best drama on TV right now.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Saw the pilot of "Damages" and I loved it a lot. It was great. The twist at the end was crazy!

                                BSG really should've one the award for "Six Of One". I mean, the pilot for "Damages" was wonderfully written, but BSG is still better! I've seen the first season of Dexter, and own the second season. I agree that it's fantastic, but BSG is better

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X