• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dana
    Scary Detective
    • May 2007

Christmas Calendar 2008

It's that time of the year again, where plans for the christmas calendar are beginning slip into my mind and turning into plans. The last three years has been very successful and Chosen Art is proud to stand as the ONLY site around doing this kind of thing every christmas for the fans of certain fandoms. The calendar of last year was the most successful one as of yet, drawing hundreds of visitors every day, giving away all kinds of graphics, such as wallpapers, icons and textures. There was videoclips, music videos, even an exclusively written christmas song by the very talented Rob Kuhlman (known in the Firefly fandom) for christmas eve, interviews and fun facts. Over the years shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Supernatural, Gilmore Girls, Bones and Veronica Mars has made an appearance in one way or another.

This calendar is anticipated and looked forward to by many people all around the world, and of course this year will not be any different. Plans for what it will entail are being made. I've picked up the pen and begun writing things down in my secret Dana.TheDudes.Nu book (which is pink and really cute *lol* ) about what will show up this year. Of course I will not be telling you guys because, well, obviously it'll spoil all the fun and take away the whole point with getting a gift every day that you don't know about *grin*

WANT TO HELP OUT AND BE A SECRET SANTA?
    Over the years, I've always brought in help for the 24 days of christmas, to give you a widespan of gifts, ideas and talents. Graphics artists, record artists and music video makers, among others, has been a part of it all. So now I'm opening things up for this years team. Do you want to be a part of online history and experience the fun and joy in being a gift maker? If so, please read the terms below and then go for the "write new message" button in your email program and write down why you want to be a part of it all

Your area of expertice can be anything: You can be a graphic maker, music video maker, fanfiction writer, singer/songwriter, transcriber, be one hell of a PA and find those hidden clips of the stars that people have never seen!

What is demanded of you
    1. First and foremost, do NOT sign up for a job on the team if you don't intend on fullfilling your duties and leaving me hanging rushing to throw something in because you didn't get your act together. (yes, that's harsh words but I've had issues in the past on this detail)
    2. Be sure to turn in your work in time as stated below, and don't be afraid to contact me in the process.
    3. What you make for the calendar can not under any circumstance be posted anywhere else BEFORE the calendar has revealed your work, this will spoil the whole thing and the work will no longer be special for the calendar.
    4. If the assigment you're given isn't going your way in terms of muse and inspiration and whatnot, please contact me ASAP and we'll figure something out, most likely solution is that your assigment will shift to better suit your needs to be able to fullfill the things from the get go.
    5. Do not reveal that you're a part of the christmas calendar team. This will be made public together with your gift. All to make everything more fun as well since nobody will know what to expect if they don't know you're a part of it.

When applying for a place on the team please fill out the following and send it to [email protected] with "Christmas Calendar 2008" as subject

Name
    Email
    Expertice
    Example of previous work in the same area
    Fandoms
    How many days in total can you handle

DATES
    Acquiring a team: July 13 - August 31
    Assignments handed out: September 1-7
    Last day to hand in your work: November 7
    (if you send your work in earlier, this is not a problem. This date is the LAST day of handing in your work)
    Last edited by Dana; 13-07-08, 01:36 AM.
    PRETTY AS A PICTURE HAS RETURNED
    sigpic
    With the return of PAAP comes the integration of Screencap Paradise
    Keep a look out for Chosen Art, Roadhouse and the others
  • DigitalLeonardo
    Somebody Save Me...
    • Jun 2007

Wow, this is early, but damn I would LOVE to be apart of this. I remember the last 2 years I checked EVERY day and was so excited to see what you came up with next. It would be amazing to be apart of the team this year!

Comment

• BlasterBoy
      trace your hand
      • May 2007

Would be fun.

Comment

• Dana
        Scary Detective
        • May 2007

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
        Wow, this is early
        *grin* well, it takes a lot of planning and work to run this thing so I gotta start rolling the ball about this time of the year

I hope that you'll find this years calendar as exciting as the other three Can't believe it's time for the fourth calendar, seems like only yesterday I came up with this idea..
        sigpic

Comment

• Dana
          Scary Detective
          • May 2007

This is a reminder for everyone. This is the last weekend to sign up to join the team. Next week assigments will begin to be sent out and the official work will begin on the calendar.

READ THIS ENTRY TO FIND OUT HOW TO HELP OUT!

Everyone is welcomed to sign up
          sigpic

Comment

• Ehlwyen
            • Feb 2007

Oooh yay! I love Christmas Calendar, it's hard to believe that most of another year has already rolled around.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

• doppelganger47
              Hellmouth Tourist
              • May 2008

too late to sign up; oh well. looking forward to seeing what it's all about.
              veronica mars: "i've got a kidney with your name on it, no questions asked."

Comment

• Dana
                Scary Detective
                • May 2007

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                Oooh yay! I love Christmas Calendar, it's hard to believe that most of another year has already rolled around.
                I know, it's going so fast. It feels like I JUST finished up the 2007 calendar..

Originally posted by doppelganger47 View Post
                too late to sign up; oh well. looking forward to seeing what it's all about.
                I haven't had a chance to choose the team and send out the missions yet so if you send in an application within 12 hours, you're among the people considered for the team!
                sigpic

Comment

• Dana
                  Scary Detective
                  • May 2007

SIGNUP IS NOW CLOSED AND THE TEAM WILL BE CHOSEN THIS WEEK
                  thanks to everyone who's volunteered and to all who's cheering the calendar on!
                  sigpic

Comment

• doppelganger47
                    Hellmouth Tourist
                    • May 2008

yeh sorry...i was sleeping and studying earlier, so didn't see this message...would've signed up otherwise. thanks anyway.
                    veronica mars: "i've got a kidney with your name on it, no questions asked."

Comment

• Ehlwyen
                      • Feb 2007

I'm far too excited to see what goodies you'll have for us this year. I bet you have a great team. Wish I could have joined in making goodies this year.

This will be awesome.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

• EndersWrath
                        BrOTP Amber!
                        • Feb 2007

This will be awesome.
                        TRUFAX!!!

This is going to be an amazing year, especially if Dana just keeps on getting better every year like she has been. SO EFFING EXCITED!! :heart you Dana!!!
                        Love to write? Take the Fanfic Challenge!

Unapologetic Mockers: BACK WITH AN ALL NEW LAYOUT!

Comment

• Heather
                          the AFAs are here!
                          • Mar 2007

Dana, did you get my application-thing? Because I sent it but I'm kinda worried because my emails have been getting lost on the internet lately...
                          wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

• Dana
                            Scary Detective
                            • May 2007

I'm far too excited to see what goodies you'll have for us this year. I bet you have a great team. Wish I could have joined in making goodies this year.

This will be awesome.
                            I did get some really awesome people to sign up, both from here and from another forums and lj-coms, which makes it that much more exciting because YES, we will be having NEW, NEVER BEFORE SEEN items this year! (and by items, I don't mean an icon or a wall *grin* I mean general themes and things that are offered )

Maybe next year hun. This year your can view it like this: You can sit back, and enjoy the ride without all the work

Originally posted by EndersWrath View Post
                            [FONT="Arial Black"]
                            This is going to be an amazing year, especially if Dana just keeps on getting better every year like she has been. SO EFFING EXCITED!! :heart you Dana!!!
                            Aw, thanks sweetie Making me blush over here

Must start planning the look of the calendar soon too *facedesk* drawing a blank right now..

Glad to hear both you and so many others being excited about this, it is after all the.. uh.. fourth calendar that goes online this year. Must have some kind of celebration next year for the five year anniversary

Originally posted by Heather View Post
                            Dana, did you get my application-thing? Because I sent it but I'm kinda worried because my emails have been getting lost on the internet lately...
                            No worries sweetie, I got it! You were the last one in before I closed the door!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Heather
                              the AFAs are here!
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dana View Post
                              No worries sweetie, I got it! You were the last one in before I closed the door!
                              PHEW! I'm so glad! Like I said, lately, my emails have been so delayed/not being sent at all for some reason. But I'm so glad that you got it.
                              wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

• Dana
                                Scary Detective
                                • May 2007

All members of this years team have been chosen. Please check your spamboxes if you haven't received an email but you signed up for the team. I have contacted everyone, even those who weren't chosen.

Please refrain from commenting here about whether you made the team or not. Otherwise this will spoil the entire surprise come December.
                                sigpic

Comment

• Dana
                                  Scary Detective
                                  • May 2007

All Assignments have been sent out

If you've signed up for the calendar and still haven't received an email, check your junk box and if that fails CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY!
                                  sigpic

Comment

• Dana
                                    Scary Detective
                                    • May 2007

Just a reminder that the calendar will be starting up in 13 days. Be there, or be giftless!
                                    sigpic

Comment

• Matt
                                      SFU Mourner.
                                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Dana View Post
                                      Just a reminder that the calendar will be starting up in 13 days. Be there, or be giftless!

I was sitting there thinking about Christmas earlier and realised how soon this would start, I was gonna post something, but didn't get round to it.

Now that I have, I'm so excited, this year is gonna be great, I think.
                                      sigpic

Comment

• Dana
                                        Scary Detective
                                        • May 2007

DANA.THEDUDES.NU IS CURRENTLY UNDER ATTACK

Currently my domain is being hacked, as I'm typing this message. I don't have any access to my server beyond the domain itself so I can't do jack shit about this but wait about 6-8 hours until my brother gets up and can get some kind of handle on the situation. I hate NO idea how extensive this attack will be or how much it will damage my domain.

This effects EVERYTHING on my domain, including this calendar. I have NO idea when things will work again, how much damage will need to be fixed or anything beyond that, since I don't know how far they'll take this attack. I was hoping to launch the preparations for the calendar as early as today but that is no longer an option.

I'm HOPING that things will be back to normal within the weeks end but I DON'T KNOW

So far the sites attacked are: pretty as a PICTURE, The Meaning of Oz, Beautiful Strength and the domain's front
                                        Hopefully they won't reach Chosen Art or Roadhouse since these are the biggest sites (unfortunately so is paap, but that's already gone to hell)
                                        Last edited by Dana; 19-11-08, 01:05 PM.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X