Last awesome film you saw/album you heard/book you read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last awesome film you saw/album you heard/book you read

The title says it. The last film you saw, album you heard or book you read that stunned you with its level of awesome.

David Lynch's Mulholland Drive, Luis Bu?uel's An Andalusian Dog and for a bit of classic Hollywood action, Spielberg's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I'm usually not at all a fan of Hollywood blockbusters but come on, Indy's a classic! I'd been meaning to see the other two for a while before I watched them, and man, was I blown away. An Andalusian Dog is on YouTube if you want to watch it, split in two - it's only 16 minutes long. Just search for "Un chien andalou".

As for albums, going to have to go with Nilsson's Nilsson Schmilsson, and Blood & Chocolate by Elvis Costello and the Attractions.
    Last edited by icecreamkiller; 26-06-08, 02:03 AM.

The last films i saw were Training day and Beowulf. Both good.
    In fact, Training day is absolutely amazing. Id rate it 9/10.
    If you aint seen it, i would definetly recommend it(for what its worth)

Comment

Last Movies:
      - Mean Creek
      - Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
      - Je Vais Bien, Ne T'en Fais Pas
      - Mysterious Skin

Last Albums:
      - Life In Cartoon Motion, Mika (Favorite Song: Happy Ending)
      - Le Jeu Des 7 Erreurs, Elodie Fr?g? (Favorite Song: Le Velours Des Vierges)

Every single one blew me away!!
      sigpic

Comment

I would heartily recommend "My brightest Diamond"'s album "A thousand shark's teeth". Bjork meets Sonic Youth via Jeff Buckley. So beautiful, so very very awesome.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

The films I saw were Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street and Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events and in my opinion both were great, I preferred the first, but in their defence both come from vastly opposing theatrical genres.

I loved the songs in Sweeney Todd and the dark element to it, that combined with the acting and casting was brilliant, the best film I've seen for a long time.

I only watched A Series of Unfortunate Events because I'm currently re-reading the book series that it was based on, but I still think it's a pretty good film, even if it does stray from the original plot a bit and completely lacks sequels of the following books after 1-3.
          sigpic

Comment

Last Movies:
            - Mean Creek
            - Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
            - Je Vais Bien, Ne T'en Fais Pas
            - Mysterious Skin
            Eternal Sunshine is brilliant! You know, I've been meaning to watch Mysterious Skin for aaages now, and for some reason I never get around to it. If only I could actually remember to rent/borrow the DVD.

The films I saw were Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street and Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events and in my opinion both were great, I preferred the first, but in their defence both come from vastly opposing theatrical genres.

I loved the songs in Sweeney Todd and the dark element to it, that combined with the acting and casting was brilliant, the best film I've seen for a long time.

Sweeney Todd is amazing. Alan Rickman, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter were brilliant in it, and it's impossible not to admire Tim Burton's genius. Not to mention the breathtaking photography.

Been listening to lots of blues records lately, and anyone who likes rock and roll needs to familiarize themselves with the blues. T-Bone Walker, Bo Diddley, Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Jimmy Reed, Albert King and Howlin' Wolf are geniuses... and that's just to name a few of the bluesmen I'd recommend to absolutely anyone.
            Last edited by icecreamkiller; 28-06-08, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Last book I read was Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. This was a really funny book about the end of the world. Sort of. Cliver Barker's comment on the back of my copy really summed it up best. Something about the apocalypse full of blissful daftness. I knew I should never have returned it to the library.
              http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/4642/dollsigsd0.jpg

Comment

Last book I read was Atonement by Ian McEwan.
                The last album I heard was Riot! by Paramore.
                And the last film I saw was "The Dark Knight" which is like the coolest movie evr made.
                Willow & Tara= LOVE.
                "That's your costume?"
                "....Bunnies frighten me..."

I have a more than slight obsession with BTVS Season 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post

I only watched A Series of Unfortunate Events because I'm currently re-reading the book series that it was based on, but I still think it's a pretty good film, even if it does stray from the original plot a bit and completely lacks sequels of the following books after 1-3.
                  OhMyGosh! Yes!
                  Sweeney Todd is one of my favorites!
                  It's so artistically brilliant, the way it's all dark and gloomy.
                  Plus, Johnny Depp's hott
                  Willow & Tara= LOVE.
                  "That's your costume?"
                  "....Bunnies frighten me..."

I have a more than slight obsession with BTVS Season 6.

Comment

Last AWESOME film I saw: The Incredible Hulk
                    (last film I saw was the Dark Knight, but I wouldn't categorize it as awesome - ok, maybe... )

Last AWESOME book I read: PS I Love You

Last AWESOME album I listened to (mind you, this will change daily... ): Jem, Finally Woken
                    sigpic

Comment

Last awesome film I saw was "Sex and the City". I watched all the episodes online within a week or so, ending with the viewing of the movie. It was great.

Last awesome album I heard was "Three Doors Down" by Three Doors Down. Only grouo I've ever listened to where I actually enjoy ever album they have put out.

Last awesome book I read was "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets." What can I say? I absolutely love the books and read them over and over. My husband thinks I'm a nut. I was actually interested in reading some books in the Twilight series, but alas, Walmart did not have the first one in the series. So no Twilight for me yet.

Comment

LA Film: The Dark Knight, surprised it hasn't been brought up yet. Personally, I liked the first film more but Heath Ledger was AWESOME in TDK.

LA Album: Narrow Stairs, Death Cab for Cutie. Faves have gotta be Bixby Canyon Bridge, Long Division & IWPYH.

LA Book: A Long Way Down, Nick Hornby. From 'that dude who wrote About a Boy/High Fidelity', it's a funny book that has genuine sentiment in it without overdosing.

All of the above must be watched/listened/read in order to have a complete life.

{tumblr}
                        AKA nonbeliever93

Comment

Last awesome film I saw: L'age d'or by Luis Bunuel
                          Last awesome book I read: Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
                          Last awesome album I heard: To Record Only Water For Ten Days by John Frusciante
                          Just under it, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                            LA Book: A Long Way Down, Nick Hornby.
                            I just read that last month! It was pretty good. A fast read even though it is over 300pages. I read it in about a day and a half.

Originally posted by scarybunny View Post
                            Last awesome book I read: Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
                            One of my favorites. Nabokov has such flair with language.

Last awesome movie? The Mist. Whoaoh.
                            Awesome album? The Kooks Konk. So so good. The whole thing.
                            Awesome book? I read 7 or 8 books last month. But Agatha Christie's And Then There None was my favorite, I think. I could hardly put it down. Same goes for Dashiell Hammett's The The Thin Man. I essentially read it in an afternoon and evening.
                            sigpic
                            follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

The Dark Knight
                              Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (recently re-watched this brilliant biopic)
                              I can't haz ze siggy pic?

Comment

Working...
                              X