Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awards

I noticed on other fourms, that people can get awards for things like most helpful member, funniest member, Best thread starter ect. Just wondering if you could implemnet it, mabye make it a year round event?

We have had something similar in the past and there are certain members who coordinate it. So I expect it will return at some point. So, yes, we have had this kind if event before.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Last time a thread like this came up, Alex and I were planning on running it. That was several months ago and he said we should wait until Summer-ish, I'm guessing June. I'll ask him if he still wants to do it.

Comment

Awsome! would be great if you can get it, tell me if you want the website i've seen with the awards on incase it helps.

Comment

Yes, we've had this ever since BuffyWorld, actually. It's called the Superlatives, I believe. Has things like Biggest _____ Fan and, like you said, Best Thread Started, Most Helpful, etc. Also gives awards to people who make exceptional fanart and Virtual Seasons for fanfiction. It's really fun!

Comment

Yes I suppose it is time to be getting Superlatives kicked off. The forum has been kicking the last little while so it would be an appropriate time to start it! I shall start work on that within the week.

Comment

Awsome! keep us posted on your progress.

Comment

Shall do There shall be a thread and, most likely, an announcement. I just need to touch bases with some people and get out the notes from back when.

Comment

A Buffyforums Award show! Thats cool, Cant wait to be a part of it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Do you think you will be able to show the awards under peoples rep? like medals?

Comment

Originally posted by Tudor View Post
                      Do you think you will be able to show the awards under peoples rep? like medals?
                      I don't think so. That would need a change in the forum software and I doubt that's easily achieved. You can always mention it in your signature though.

I wouldn't necessarily get my hopes up too high for the awards though, the last 2 times members tried to kick it off, there was just not enough interest on the board to justify the huge amount of time that goes into the awards and in the end they never came to pass.

Comment

Can a mod make an official poll? (i.e sticky) see if there is enough intrest?

Comment

We have a couple of awards ceremonies each year. The member awards is called the Superlatives and was first hosted in December 2005 by Heather and myself. Superlatives was held every six months until we decided that once a year was enough.

There are also a yearly ceremony for best television/jossverse characters, scenes, and actors. This was last run by Pandora's Box, but Digital Leonardo and Magnetic Duty have run it as well.

Originally posted by Tudor View Post
                          At this time, that's not an option. We looked into doing that a couple months ago for another event.

Anyway, Magnetic Duty has dibs on coordinating the Superlatives this year. I'm going to move this thread into the miscellaneous section for any further discussion or volunteering. I'm looking forward to see what comes!

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

There are also a yearly ceremony for best television/jossverse characters, scenes, and actors. This was last run by Pandora's Box, but Digital Leonardo and Magnetic Duty have run it as well.
                            Oh really, I had no idea, it was probably before I join Buffyforums. As far as I'm concerned I'm up for a new round of "Chosen", "Champion" and "Zeppo" awards 2009, from October to December probably, like last year.

About The Superlatives, that would be great, I think the "too many categories" factor stopped it the last time, so maybe with less categories...But I'm really excited about it!
                            sigpic

Comment

I think we should focus more on the people of the board, as i haven't been on that long but you can tell its a really close community and so many people are helpful, funny, ect i think they deserve more recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
                                We have a couple of awards ceremonies each year. The member awards is called the Superlatives and was first hosted in December 2005 by Heather and myself. Superlatives was held every six months until we decided that once a year was enough.

*coughs*

And the Fanart Awards Ceremony,

Hehehe. I can't help but advertise! Roll on the 2009 event!

SJ
                                xox
                                sigpic
                                Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

Originally posted by slaycandy View Post
                                  *coughs*

And the Fanart Awards Ceremony,

Hehehe. I can't help but advertise! Roll on the 2009 event!

SJ
                                  xox
                                  How could Ehlwyen forgot about it
                                  I think, since we pretty much agree on doing a Superlative Ceremony, we should open a new thread to decide the categories. Unless the organisers of the ceremony want to pick the categories themselves?...
                                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                  X