Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Air I Breathe, what the f***!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Air I Breathe, what the f***!

    According to BoxOfficeMojo, The Air I Breathe is realeased in 7 theaters on first week in all USA so since Kevin Bacon, Andy Garcia, Forrest Whitaker, Brendan Fraser, Emile Hirsh, Julie Delpy and of course SMG are part of the cast, could someone explain me what the f*** is going on!!!!
    sigpic

  • #2
    I KNOW!!!! What the hell is up with these movie theaters? There are so many crappy movies coming to the screen yet this one doesn't get a wide release! WTF?????????? At least we're in the same boat Cl?ment.
    T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

    Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

    Comment


    • #3
      I was already dreaming on a "Best Actress in a Supporting Role" nomination for the Oscars 2009, but this dream just crushed.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Can you believe a movie like this is only released in 7 theaters, while "Meet the Spartans" is the number one movie in the nation?

        Hmm.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          This is from IMDb The Air I breathe's page.
          About international releases

          Country Date
          Germany 8 February 2007 (European Film Market)
          USA 29 April 2007 (Tribeca Film Festival)
          France 17 May 2007 (Cannes Film Market)
          Italy 7 December 2007 (Noir in Festival)
          Greece 10 December 2007 (Avant)
          Greece 13 December 2007

          USA 25 January 2008 (limited)
          Italy April 2008
          Netherlands 15 May 2008


          Does someone knows what this "limited" means, is that a preview release of something...?

          And I found this on The Air I Breathe official site:
          Complete Showtimes for Friday (1/25) through Sunday (1/27) in LA and NYC

          So, what's limited, what's showtime, is there gonna be a wide release or what!!
          Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 02-02-08, 02:15 AM.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            From what I keep reading on the imdb message boards there are a lot of threads saying that it's been closed from all U.S theaters and that it's heading for dvd. It will apparently be out in May. Although you Europeans could actually see the film in the theaters since Thinkfilm doesn't own distribution rights over there. We'll see what happens. Keep your fingers crossed. I on the other hand will wait until May.
            T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

            Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

            Comment


            • #7
              Wow, that's two out of three features in a row going direct to DVD for Sarah ("Suburban Girl" being the other -- and I can't watch her make-out with that jackass Alec Baldwin)

              And "Southland Tales" was a commercial debacle. I really want a hit for her, she's a fantastic actress. Maybe she should try to go comedy, get herself into an Apatow movie.
              sigpic
              Banner by LRae12

              Comment


              • #8
                Well it's not directly straight to dvd. At least not like Suburban Girl was. I mean it did get released into the theaters. It just so happened to be very few of them which is something I've never understood. I mean if you could release a movie worldwide and have the chance to make money why wouldn't you do it? Does it really cost that much money to get it put into theaters in the first place?
                T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

                Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

                Comment


                • #9
                  I wanted to see it the weekend it came out but was too busy doing work for this stressfull class I need to get my degree. Well the following week I was free and I wanted to see it but it wasn't in any theatres! I was so pissed! I think a big problem is that none of the studios are doing any advertisements for SMG's movies. I don't get it!
                  lovely avatar courtesy of dustedonline.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Oh man am I pi$$ed! I was so looking forward to this movie coming to my area! Guess this means I'm waiting for the DVD again.
                    Why are you reading this when there's a great Xander picture to look at? Come on, you know you want to!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is weird. I mean, aren't Forrest Whitacker and Emile Hirsh big?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BuffyForever86 View Post
                        Oh man am I pi$$ed! I was so looking forward to this movie coming to my area! Guess this means I'm waiting for the DVD again.
                        You're able to see it online now I think. If you search for it you'll probably find it. If that's any consolation.


                        Posted by Ben:
                        This is weird. I mean, aren't Forrest Whitacker and Emile Hirsh big?
                        Yes! I don't get it. We'll see how well Forrest's new movie goes and see how it does in the box office. Then we'll be able to tell if he's big or not. I'm still annoyed by this whole thing btw. These were supposed to be big movies yet they aren't gettin' the love. Does anyone know when Possession is supposed to be out?
                        T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

                        Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm disappointed that they didn't show the movie here , I was looking forward to seeing Sarah on the big screen again. However, I am thinking about renting it when it comes out on DVD.

                          Trish

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Don't think any of her latest movies have even reached the theaters outside the states either. But this is really sucky (for a lack of a better word).

                            I saw the movie a few days ago, and it was really really good (definitely recommend it!!) so I don't get why it wouldn't qualify for the theaters. The fact that it contains such a big cast with big veterane stars, and the story is really interesting and keeps you curious and hooked all through the entire movie, makes you wonder what the people who makes the decisions really look at. Especially when movies that contains next to nothing that looks like a plot with mediocre actors makes a big appearance, while the ones that deserves to be there is left hanging out in the cold, damp rain.

                            I just don't get it..
                            PRETTY AS A PICTURE HAS RETURNED
                            sigpic
                            With the return of PAAP comes the integration of Screencap Paradise
                            Keep a look out for Chosen Art, Roadhouse and the others

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I just saw "The Air I Breathe" and, as much as it pains me to say this, I understand why this film was in (very) limited theaters. The film is quite horrible. An empty shell.

                              I blame the writer/director. This movie had a great premise that amounted such potential, and it all went down the drain. The script was very weak, with numerous cheap, convenient moments thrown in masquerading as "twists" that failed. The ending is nonexistent, feeling like a slap in the face. It is such a shame that this writer/director wasted the gifted talents of Andy Garcia, Julie Delpy, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Brendan Frasier, Forest Whitaker and Kevin Bacon.

                              I'm disappointed as I am devastated.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I haven't seen it yet, but if it's anything like Suburban Girl, I can understand...Suburban Girl was the worst movie I've ever seen. The writing was just HORRIBLE! I watched the entire thing only because of SMG, but it was just truly a bad, bad movie.....definitely on the 'B' side....so now I'm leary about watching this one, too....2 more hours of my life that I won't get back....

                                But I still probably will.
                                sigpic

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                                  Wow, that's two out of three features in a row going direct to DVD for Sarah ("Suburban Girl" being the other -- and I can't watch her make-out with that jackass Alec Baldwin)

                                  And "Southland Tales" was a commercial debacle. I really want a hit for her, she's a fantastic actress. Maybe she should try to go comedy, get herself into an Apatow movie.
                                  ST might as well have been straight to DVD for all I saw it--I don't ever remember it playing at the local theater, even when they had a poster for it! And after I had waited for so long.....I don't get why they didn't even give "Suburban Girl" a chance! All this isn't making much sense....it's like SMG lately has been having the luck of Nate Fillion in projects, though at least they release it on DVD too!

                                  Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
                                  I haven't seen it yet, but if it's anything like Suburban Girl, I can understand...Suburban Girl was the worst movie I've ever seen. The writing was just HORRIBLE! I watched the entire thing only because of SMG, but it was just truly a bad, bad movie.....definitely on the 'B' side....so now I'm leary about watching this one, too....2 more hours of my life that I won't get back....

                                  But I still probably will.
                                  Lol, I kind of felt that way after I saw "Date Movie" for Aly, though luckily it was shorter than 2 hours! I don't know why SMG has been picking such crap films of late, I mean look at "the Return" or whatever her last awful horror flick was--can't she pick a good script these days?!
                                  Last edited by sherrilina; 31-03-08, 07:09 AM.
                                  Promise that you'll return to me.

                                  icon by sireesanswar

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    This is one large reason that I am glad I live in a city that has a theater that plays the limited movies. They only play them for about a week unless they get a good response, so you have to be on your game, but I have found myself going straight to that theater now instead of the regular ones. For those of you who may have been to Minneapolis, I'm talking about The Lagoon. Love that place!

                                    I swear, am I the ONLY person who liked "The Return"? I think it could have been shorter because it reminded me of an old "Twilight Zone" with the whole soul exchange thing, but other than that, it seemed decent. It was too long though...

                                    My husband and I do movie date nights every Friday and lately, we haven't been able to go out much. It pains us cuz we are really big movie buffs and going to the theater and being all nostalgic is really fun for us.

                                    Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" is playing at midnight tomorrow night in our old theater though with the balcony seats. I'm all over that - "Come play with us, Danny...


                                    ::Shadow of Reflection::
                                    NOW CAPPING YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS AND MOVIES!!! See them HERE...

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Lady Manson View Post
                                      This is one large reason that I am glad I live in a city that has a theater that plays the limited movies. They only play them for about a week unless they get a good response, so you have to be on your game, but I have found myself going straight to that theater now instead of the regular ones. For those of you who may have been to Minneapolis, I'm talking about The Lagoon. Love that place!

                                      I swear, am I the ONLY person who liked "The Return"? I think it could have been shorter because it reminded me of an old "Twilight Zone" with the whole soul exchange thing, but other than that, it seemed decent. It was too long though...

                                      My husband and I do movie date nights every Friday and lately, we haven't been able to go out much. It pains us cuz we are really big movie buffs and going to the theater and being all nostalgic is really fun for us.

                                      Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" is playing at midnight tomorrow night in our old theater though with the balcony seats. I'm all over that - "Come play with us, Danny...
                                      OMFG Lady Manson I completely forgot that you are my fellow Minnesotan!!!! I still haven't been to The Lagoon but you better not be telling me they played TAIB and I missed it! I would be highly irritated.

                                      BTW I liked The Return. I was confused throughout the entire thing until the very end but then it wrapped itself up very nicely which then made it a good movie imo.
                                      T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

                                      Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by holypotatoes View Post
                                        OMFG Lady Manson I completely forgot that you are my fellow Minnesotan!!!! I still haven't been to The Lagoon but you better not be telling me they played TAIB and I missed it! I would be highly irritated.

                                        BTW I liked The Return. I was confused throughout the entire thing until the very end but then it wrapped itself up very nicely which then made it a good movie imo.
                                        Rest assured, I haven't seen TAIB there yet and I've been basically living there watching Funny Games repeatedly over the past couple weeks. If I DO see that it's coming though, I'll make sure to PM you!

                                        Yeah, I loved the end of The Return. I think that they could have taken a lot out of it because, as you said, it was real confusing through most of it.


                                        ::Shadow of Reflection::
                                        NOW CAPPING YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS AND MOVIES!!! See them HERE...

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X