My Journey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Journey.

My Journey thru the Buffyverse starts today. Every Episode of BTVS and ATS ever made in order. Wish me Luck! Each day I wll come in here and Update you to how far Ive gotten and My thoughts on the Episodes Ive watched. Please I would love feedback about what I say and/or comments about the episode.
    sigpic

GOOD LUCK ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

Have fun Skinless!

I've been watching Buffy over myself. I usually watch a disc a night but sometimes I fall asleep... I've just finished Revelations.

I don't have all the Angel DVD's... I need to at least buy 2-4 but I just can't bring myself to buy Season 4... It is my least favorite Season of Angel - to the point that I think I could actually own them all but S4.

Ahhh... But Buffy... I love them ALL!
      -TP<3
      "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
      - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Day 1, 1/19/08
        Welcome to the Hellmouth/The Harvest: My Thoughts on the First 2 Episode is that they're good but Not Great, I love geeky Willow. The Master Plot Doesnt really Appeal to me. Loved how she tryed to deny her "Gift" at the Beginning and The dialouge is very good in these first two episodes.
        sigpic

Comment

This is a great idea, good luck for you Eric.
          Well, I'm just suggesting but maybe you could tell a bit more about your impressions, your feelings of the direction, the acting, the characters...I find your text a bit too general, since you're seeing the episodes day after day, I think you should express it all and in every detail that came to your mind at the moment. I'm just suggesting.
          sigpic

Comment

Day 2, 1/20/08
            Witch
            This Episode was in the words of a forum friend "Sucktastic".. Well we'll start off with Witch. It so nice to see Amy as that nice girl I really dont like her as a Persay "Villain". This Episode is more about the Mother/Daughter relationship Between not only Joyce/Buffy but also Amy and Her Mom (who BTW I find deeply Disturbing) Good Message But They Couldve done it a lil bit better though. Never Liked cordeilia too much until second or third season so we could've done with less of her in this Episode. Havent seen season 1 in awhile so was a bit surprised to finally realize that it doesnt really start off too well (Besides WTTH).
            Last edited by skinless; 22-01-08, 08:09 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Day 3, 1/21/08
              Teachers Pet: This Episode is in my Top 5 worst Episodes list. Just Very Bad, No offense to the Actress who Played her But They shouldve gotten someone a bit more Attractive or at least Exotic to make her Role a Bit more believable. Xander's trouble with always being lured in by "females" (who arent Exactly Human) Begin in this Episode. Im Watching Never Kill a boy on the First Date as I Type

Never Kill a boy on the First Date: First off this first Decent Episode of the season. Second Why is it that she is wearing a dress in like every Episode this Season But I guess its too make her look sexy(Not that she needs too much help with that). Anyways this episode is about Buffy trying to have a normal life. This Ep. Xander starts admitting that he likes Buffy and trys to hook up with her but to no avail. Owen comes off a sissy to me in this one, I mean come on and then for him to end Like he's was woken up by the Whole Experience and No he's "Dangerman" or like Mr Fearless was Stupid but Whatever. Im tired Im going to bed now.
              Last edited by skinless; 22-01-08, 09:16 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I share with you the inconfortable feeling of watching Season 1 and admit that it isn't a good start at all. For me, the first quality episode is The Pack mostly thanks to an interesting direction. I'm waiting your impressions on this!
                sigpic

Comment

Wo0t W00T! You go skinless!! Never Kill a Boy on the First Date is one of my fave episodes. "If the apocalypse comes, Beep Me." or "I won't wear my button that says, 'I'm a slayer, ask me how."

Plus "owenoscity" is a regular of word in my vocab for describing anything that has it's own undefinible quality of likability.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Day 4, 1/22/08
                    The Pack: To start things off, this is not too bad an Episode itself, There's a lot of stuff that I Like, but at the same time there's a lot that doesn't work for me. First Off I was really sad that they killed Principal Flutie (Even though I Knew it was coming) Cuz that means 2 years of synder down the road. This episode really shows the brilliance of Joss Whedon as the hyenas are sorta like a metaphor for the clique and pack mentality of high school and how the strong packs pick on the weak ones. With that said, The Best part of the Episode was when Xander faked a Memory Loss after the whole Ordeal which Makes me think that Xander was not as Dumb as he looked. (It was Actually Quite Smart) One More Episode At least Maybe 2 before I go to Bed 2nite

AngelThe Best Episode of Season 1 so far, (Thats not saying much though). so Let me start of by saying that SMG was great in this episode as was DB and Julie Benz, he Acting was Great for all three of them But that Bedroom scene were we learn Angel's big secret was Really well done. I loved Giles' explanation for how he always knows everything about whatever they're facing. "You weren't here from midnight until six looking it up." Tony head does a fine job this Episode. There are only 3 small bad things about this Episode. First off the Three was Just Dumb. The Fact that Darla was using Guns I didnt Care about but she didnt reload them at all the whole time she was shooting. and Lastly it was the Beginning of Bangel and I myself am more of a Spuffy man. But All in all Great Episode. Good nite
                    Last edited by skinless; 23-01-08, 10:38 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes - it was the Season one wardrobe that caused me to post my Fluffy Buffy Thread "Stylin' and Profilin' Slayer Style"!!! LOL!!! The clothing was the Worst!! And that Gold lamex dress she chose to wear - where was her head?!?! LOL!!

That was a good episode - "Never Kill a Boy...". You feel the pull the writer's wanted you to feel - Buffy the Slayer vs. Buffy the Teenage Girl.

The Pack - well that was the episode that really caused me to look at Xander in a whole different light. In fact - ever since I started watching Buffy over (I'm on Season 3 now) Xander has been more of my focus because of his many fans here on the board (KoC) and his focus in the the new S8 series. I've noticed that the Xan Man can really kick some booty when he wants too! And he REALLY didn't like vampires...

In Angel - I was so amazed in the earlier episodes how Giles was just so "amiable" about The Vampire in Love With the Slayer"! What was up with that??? Giles treated Angel like he was just the bestest guy for Buffy to be involved with. Even after reading all the horrible things he had done - he was just perfectly fine with Good Vampire Angel. Go figure! *shrugs*
                      -TP<3
                      "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                      - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Day 5, 1/23/08
                        I Robot... U Jane,
                        I Had to watch this Episodes today(With regrets Of course). Let me start off by saying that this is by far the 2nd Worst episode (Results still pending on "Ted") and the Latter part of the season was going so well with 3 relativley Good Episodes in a row. so anyways this is A slow episode that pretty much goes nowhere and makes the boring "Teacher's Pet" look like an action Flick. The only good thing in this episode is Jenny Calendars First Apeerance and The squabbles that she has with Giles about Computer over Books. There is little to no Scooby action in this one and The Demon is Just very bad. I Get the Message that he was trying to send But Next time Please find a better way to do it.

The Puppet show: This Episode sucks for the Most part Plot-wise at least. On the Other side its a very comedic Episode which is why its one of my Favorite. We finally See Synder for the first time, what a breath of vile air that is for the Characters. The Best Part of the Episode is by far the End credits, with the cast Butchering Oedipus Rex. Honorable mention goes to Cordelia Butchering the song she sang.
                        Last edited by skinless; 24-01-08, 09:20 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Come on, Ted is not the worst episode. The first half of the episode dealing with her doubting him, Joyce not believing her and Buffy convinced she killed Ted is pretty good. IRJY is for sure the worst, I agree with you there.
                          But keep up. I just finished Buffy recently.

Comment

Day 7, 1/25/08
                            Nightmares...:
                            I really liked this episode even though it kinda reminded me of a Poor man's "Restless". What I like about it is that u get to see the fears of all of them, My favorite is Xander's fear of Clowns. The Billy kid in that Episode look very similar to the one who was used as The Anointed One. When Buffy Turned into a Vampire was that her Nightmare, I Assumed that it was Angel's even though he wasnt in the episode much, It couldve been both though. A lot of insight into the characters is gained here that sets up the beginning of the characters' journies over the next seven years. If u watched the Dream sequences you'll Realize that Both Giles and Buffy's nightmares come true later in the series.

Im taking 2 days off now and will return after the weekend with the End of season 1 and the beginning of season 2
                            Last edited by skinless; 27-01-08, 01:43 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Day 10, 1/28/08
                              Out of Mind, Out of Sight... This is yet another really slow and boring episode plot-wise. But with a few good things in it. I really loved Cordy's Speech on being Lonely It was amazing that a character like her can be that insightful. I like the secret service or whatever they are at the end when they have a classroom full of the Invisible students, I thought that was awesome Plus the last scene was good. More synder is good for Comedic Purposes bad for Buffy. All in all though Nothing stood out as great though just average.

Prophecy Girl: First off, I really Liked her dress LOL. This is the Best Season one finale for any series that Ive seen Lately, its done amazingly well in all aspect (I.E. Writing, Directing, Acting). There is not one thing that I dont like about this Episode, The Library scene at the end when the Hellmouth is opening is a bit strange but it works for me. The funniest part of this episode is when Cordy bites the Vamp's arm and says "See how u like it". It makes me sad for Xander after he gets his heart stomped on by Buffy Its proly just me but as he's walking away he kinda reminds me of Logan Echolls from Veronica mars. The water turning to Blood scene was pretty cool IMO. SMG is surperb in the scene in the Libary with DB and Tony head, The 3 of them compliment each other so well in this scene. On a side note this Episode had the best music all season. The Look on willow's face when she see the Bodies in the AV room is Priceless.The climax, however is slightly disappointing. This is supposed to be the apocalypse, but the end battle does not seem epic enough. This is likely due to the low budget, but it is still very good and entertaining television. This episode pretty much set the tone for the rest of the series' run. If there was any doubt about the greatness the Buffy possesses, this episode should prove to snuff that out.
                              Last edited by skinless; 28-01-08, 12:27 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skinless View Post
                                Day 3, 1/21/08
                                Teachers Pet: This Episode is in my Top 5 worst Episodes list. Just Very Bad, No offense to the Actress who Played her But They shouldve gotten someone a bit more Attractive or at least Exotic to make her Role a Bit more believable. .

Or they should have not made her a giant bug? I thought the actress was extremely beautiful. Couldn't have made a better casting decision, IMO. The episode could have been written and directed better though, for sure.

Comment

Day 12, 1/30/08
                                  When she was bad
                                  first of I Love Bitch Buffy, This Episode was awesome, Glad they started the season off on a goodnote. The scene at beginning with Willow and Xander was cool I wish they wouldve put them together as a couple in the series. I did hate how Xander completly Forgot about Willow romantically once Buffy arrived, Buts them's the Bricks. We see in this Episode a Bunch of Foreshadowing for later Episode in this season, One Example would be synders Comments in the Cafeteria, "That Summers girl. I smell trouble. I smell expulsion, and just the faintest aroma of jail" Buffy Does get in a Lot of trouble, Gets Expelled and is wanted by the Police, this is just one of the many things. Did I mention that I Love the training scene and buffy beating up Giles. (Its just fun to watch)
                                  sigpic

Comment

I agree with you, skinless. This episode just rocks!
                                    Seeing Buffy deal with her internal demons and her whole experience with the Master is great. And I also love Bitchy Buffy. My favourite scene is the sexy dance she makes with Xander. Wow, real tension there between all of them.

Comment

Day 13, 1/31/08
                                      Some Assembly Required: By far the Funniest Episode that Ive seen since I started rewatching them, I dont have much to say about this Episode. Besides Bieng Funny it also has Good Dialouge and some Decent Character Interaction. But on the Down side the Episode sucked if u take away that, I didnt like Chris, I thought he was too Convenient. The Best thing about this Episode was Giles Practicing Pickup lines with a chair.
                                      sigpic

Comment

Day 13, 1/31/08
                                        School Hard
                                        Great Episode for alot of different reasons. 1. Spike/Drusilla arrive in Sunnydale for the First Time. 2. I love how Synder gets off on Expelling People and stuff like that, he's just a fun character. 3. Spike Killed "The Annoying One" in this Episode, which is a good thing because he was bieng used for anything anyways. But I love the Parent/teacher meeting Plot because I remeber those from when I went to school and those were the days that I hated most. Drusilla's doll collection make her more creepy than she already is But I Like that. I cant wait to see more of them. Plus this is the first Episode with really good music.

Inca Mummy Girl: I No longer consider this a very bad Episode, After rewatching this I've realized that its actually really good, The Plot of the story might be a bit Bad but theres lots of good scooby stuff, Another Training session between Giles/buffy I Love those. We have the Introduction of Both Oz, and Johnathan (Who I didnt realize was in an Episode this soon) in this Episode. Plus the Mummy girl is like a paralell to buffy in the sense. I love how Xander keeps getting attracted to the Demon girl.

Reptile Boy: There is nothing good about this Episode except for a few things. For one Dressing Xander up like a female was actually quite funny, 2. The Training session between Buffy/Giles is another good thing. And last but not least The dialouge was great though. Every thing else in this episode sucked IMO
                                        Last edited by skinless; 01-02-08, 12:51 AM.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X