Big Brother 08/09 - Week 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Brother 08/09 - Week 8

Welcome to Buffy Forums Big Brother 2008/2009 Week 8. In this thread, you can chat, discuss, enjoy the the house, go for a swim, jump in the jacuzzi etc, etc. I'd prefer it, unless I say otherwise, that you don't contact other contestants via PM/MSN/Yahoo etc about Big Brother related topics. (Obviously, you can still PM/MSN/Yahoo etc. on non-related BB topics, but I'd rather all BB talk to go here.

Please keep checking the first post (I.E. This one) regularly, as I will be updating it all the time, with deadlines, and who has gained immuinity, who is up for eviction, etc.

Contestants

1. Blasterboy -Single Bed
    2. LRae12 - Single Bed
    3. Veverka - Single Bed - Evicted - Week 3
    4. Pandora's_Box - Single Bed - Evicted - Week 7
    5. DigitalLeonardo - Single Bed - Evicted - Week 1
    6. missperoxide - Sleeping Bag
    7. Vicky - Sleeping Bag
    8. TheCharmed1 - Double Bed
    9. Theresa Marie86 - Double Bed - Evicted - Week 2
    10. urbanlegend23 - Sleeping Bag - Evicted - Week 6

11. carousel_girl8 - Double Bed
    12. Dark Ages - Single Bed - Evicted - Week 6
    13. skinless - Kingsize Bed

Only these contestants can post in this thread. (And me, of course )

Have fun while your here, this is a fun game!

Good luck!

Your Challenge

Chapter Fifteen: The Goblin's Revenge

In which we get yet another plot dump from some highly convenient Goblins.

Another thing you have to love about JK Rowling is the fact that she's not afraid to overhype her chapter titles. We constantly wind up with titles like "The Massively Significant Thing That Happens In A Huge And Important Way" and wind up with some guy breaking his spectacles. A fine example of this phenomenon was, of course, the first chapter of this very book: "The Dark Lord Ascending".

Indeed, one might almost suggest that the best way to appreciate JK Rowling is to take her chapter titles and imagine for yourself what actually happens in them. Hmm ... I wonder if any fanfic communities have tried that: re-imagine Potter based only on the chapter headings.
    And that is indeed, what our challenge will be this week. But not Harry Potter. Buffy. You will each get a Buffy Episode, and you have to re-imagine what happens in the episode, based on the title. It doesn't have to be long, but it must be longer than two paragraphs.

(If you have a two-parter, don't include the 'Part 2 ' portion of the title.)

Blasterboy - Prophecy Girl
    LRae12 - Becoming
    missperoxide - Graduation Day
    Vicky - Restless
    TheCharmed1 - The Gift
    carousel_girl8 - Grave
    skinless - Chosen

Funny how that happens...there are seven of you...and seven season finales...

There wont be a HOH this week, as there was two winners last week.

You have one week to complete this challenge, because of christmas day and all. So, this challenge's due date is 28th December - 6:00pm GMT

Edits:

carousel_girl8 chose herself and missperoxide to be saved from eviction this week.
    Vicky chose herself and TheCharmed1

Immune

carousel_girl8
    missperoxide
    Vicky
    TheCharmed1

sigpic
    ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Oh my Either me, Laurie, or Eric is gone? Oh, my *bites fingers* And Prophecy Girl? Thank god, I hate that episode Question: do we have to take into account what has happened before?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post
      Oh my Either me, Laurie, or Eric is gone? Oh, my *bites fingers* And Prophecy Girl? Thank god, I hate that episode Question: do we have to take into account what has happened before?
      No, you just totally re-imagine the episode based ONLY on the title. You don't have to add anything in about what has happened before. You can if you want to. Or it could create it tp be one of those 'one off' episodes where without it, it still doesn't interfere with the plot. If you know what I mean. Supernatural has tons of them.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ahm Shere View Post
        No, you just totally re-imagine the episode based ONLY on the title. You don't have to add anything in about what has happened before. You can if you want to. Or it could create it tp be one of those 'one off' episodes where without it, it still doesn't interfere with the plot. If you know what I mean. Supernatural has tons of them.
        Okay, but I want it epic...awesome.

Thanks!

Comment

woooo week 8!!!! oh wow this challenge sounds like fun. i believe i first challenge was something similar to this.
          sigpic
          twinned with TheCharmed1

Comment

I know, Vicky, right?! This'll be fun!!!

Comment

Interesting, quite pleased with my episode, I think I can come up with something.
              sigpic

Comment

aw am making a twilight banner at the mo. went to see it one friday at the cinema and loved it. i'm half-way through the book now.
                sigpic
                twinned with TheCharmed1

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky View Post
                  i'm half-way through the book now.
                  *stares darkly at Vicky...*

sigpic

Comment

That's cool, I read the book but I didn't really like it

Comment

i think its a girly book. every girls dreams of being swept away by a sexy vampire. lol.
                      sigpic
                      twinned with TheCharmed1

Comment

it is supposed to be a girly book, but everyone on this forum was enjoying it, even the men, so I thought I'd give it a try, but alas, nah....

Comment

Thank you carousel_girl8 so much for immunity!!!

Gosh, I got Graduation Day. I haven't watched S3 for quite a while... But on the other hand maybe that's a good thing...

By the way, Hannah, do we still have to place the rewritten epis to the right season?
                          sigpic
                          banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

Originally posted by missperoxide View Post
                            Thank you carousel_girl8 so much for immunity!!!

Gosh, I got Graduation Day. I haven't watched S3 for quite a while... But on the other hand maybe that's a good thing...

By the way, Hannah, do we still have to place the rewritten epis to the right season?
                            No, you don't have to if you don't want to. Ben is thinking of Spike in Prophecy Girl Good times. Just so long as you are imagining everything based only on its title, you don't have to worry about the season. I mean, you could base this in Season 7 if you really wanted too. *shrugs* It's...like...well Fanfiction I suppose

sigpic

Comment

Thinking of Spike?? No, Spike will be in there, no matter what!

Comment

Well...you know what I meant

sigpic

Comment

You give me too much credit. I don't have common sense, and I don't assume anything

Comment

No, you don't have to if you don't want to. Ben is thinking of Spike in Prophecy Girl Good times.
                                    Indeed. Go Ben!
                                    Just so long as you are imagining everything based only on its title, you don't have to worry about the season. I mean, you could base this in Season 7 if you really wanted too. *shrugs* It's...like...well Fanfiction I suppose
                                    Great. I like!
                                    Although I have to admit the title Graduation Day doesn't sound very inspiring to me... Well let's just hope the inspiration just hits me at some point.
                                    sigpic
                                    banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

wait, so I just have to write and episode description, not a whole episode, right?
                                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah. You don't have to write an episode

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X