Rep Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep Points

The thing is I don't think there is an PM notifiction if you recieve Rep Points. I used to like that, because I knew if some-one gave me rep points. I didn't know I had 29 rep points until I was browsing my User CP and saw rep points. If there is a notification, how do you put it on?

sigpic
    ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

This version of the forum unfortunately doesn't have that option, Hannah...Nikki has been looking into it, because she would like to install it..but no luck, so far. I'm sure that as soon as she finds a way, she'll fix it!

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita

Comment

Question.

Um, I recently received a rep point but my number hasn't changed.
      Why?
      Just under it, actually.

Comment

If you were repped by someone who hasn't got - is it 10 or 15? - a certain number of posts, the rep won't count for your total. But you still get the nice comment attached to it

Comment

Oh, I understand it now...
          Thanks!
          Just under it, actually.

Comment

Sorry guys I've looked really hard for the pop up on Rep received. Unfortunately there is no hack available for it at the moment. I will get an email when one is created

Comment

rep points

Sorry, would have put this in the other thread, but it's closed

I think I have figured it out, but you know how the amount of rep you always get is random, sometimes two points, sometimes four, for example- is this related to how much rep the other person has, or how many posts they have made?

Comment

Well it used to be how many posts were made, so I would think its the same on here

sigpic
                ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

The amount of rep given depends on 3 things;

- Time as a member
                  - Post Count
                  - Reputation points

It is set to increase quickly for the moment so that people can move up with rep points, but once this forum is more established I will set it so the increase is slower otherwise everyone will end up with 1000's of rep points!

Comment

And it's not random, guys. On the front page of your USER CP it actually lists how many rep points you have and how many you give out when you rep someone. So you actually know what you give away.

...like right now I give away 16 points! Seems like a lot to me.
                    sigpic
                    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

That's a LOT of power Jenni Lou! I think part of the reason I got so confused was because it was moving so slowly on BW and I posted very slowly too, so I never realised I was gaining repping momentum
                      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Veverka View Post
                        That's a LOT of power Jenni Lou! I think part of the reason I got so confused was because it was moving so slowly on BW and I posted very slowly too, so I never realised I was gaining repping momentum
                        Thanks!
                        Yeah, I know--in a few weeks I've gained more rep points than I did in half a year on BW I think! Not complaining though...

So when you say notification, you mean a PM saying that someone has added to your rep? I miss that too, but oh well....

One thing though--back on BW I twice got reps that didn't have a green box next to it, but a black one--I thought it was a negative rep at first, but then I noticed neg. reps when I gave them were red....so I was wondering what a black or gray box next to a rep meant....
                        Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
                          One thing though--back on BW I twice got reps that didn't have a green box next to it, but a black one--I thought it was a negative rep at first, but then I noticed neg. reps when I gave them were red....so I was wondering what a black or gray box next to a rep meant....
                          It means that the person who tried to give you rep hasn't posted enough to be able to add to your rep points total. So you get the nice little comment, but no actual points are added.

Comment

I meant that you received reps from a member that wasn't able to actually raise your rep level, since they hadn't posted enough. On BW there was a rule that you could only give out reps if you made at least 25 or 50 (dunno exactly) posts, to prevent people from just make accounts and rep themselves over and over. So if someone repped you and only had a post count below that, you received the rep comment, but no actual reps!

Comment

Originally posted by galathea View Post
                              I meant that you received reps from a member that wasn't able to actually raise your rep level, since they hadn't posted enough. On BW there was a rule that you could only give out reps if you made at least 25 or 50 (dunno exactly) posts, to prevent people from just make accounts and rep themselves over and over. So if someone repped you and only had a post count below that, you received the rep comment, but no actual reps!
                              Except that in both cases there was no comment...so I was confused as to the intent!

Thanks for the info though...so for all I know one of them could have been a neg rep, but they didn't have enough posts to hurt me!
                              Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Except that in both cases there was no comment...so I was confused as to the intent!

Thanks for the info though...so for all I know one of them could have been a neg rep, but they didn't have enough posts to hurt me!
                                Oh, okay, I think I know the answer to this- if they didn't leave a comment I don't think it counts, so you get the knowledge that someone had the intent to give you a rep, but without a reason it doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Veverka View Post
                                  Oh, okay, I think I know the answer to this- if they didn't leave a comment I don't think it counts, so you get the knowledge that someone had the intent to give you a rep, but without a reason it doesn't work.
                                  No it still counts if you don't leave a comment. It only doesn't count when the person's rep points don't affect any. Meaning they are newbies!

I remove all negative points left with no comment, but not the positive ones. It is better to leave a comment but people don't have to. It still gives the points

Comment

Working...
                                  X