This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buffy spell checker

I downloaded the spell checker but still can't make it work. it's installed. anyone have any ideas?

I don't know what you are referring to by spell checker. Is this something on our site?

I like to use Mozilla Firefox as my internet browser since it will automatically spell check anything typed into a text box. You can a free download at www.mozilla.com.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

yes when you post its in the corner to click on.

Comment

Hmmm...the A/A button in the top right corner is not a spell checker. It changes the editor from how you see what you type into the text box: either the bulletin board coding or the "What You See Is What You Get" view.

WYSIWYG displays what is entered in the same way it will be seen when the post is made. It doesn't show the plain text and coding.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Speaking of forum coding... We're having a pea**** and ****pit overboard censorship problem. I end up having to use a Russian Cyrillic alphabet "O" to counter it. And yet, you can say 'b-tch', 'sh-t' and 'f-ck' (I'll chop out the letters, but they do show up).

Dick van Dyke hasn't been discriminated against, at least.
          NileQT87
          The Dark Avenger
          Last edited by NileQT87; 11-01-09, 01:18 AM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
          "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Yeah, it's kinda funny that's the word it chooses to censor. Maybe Nikki can look into allowing it.

I say add a space in the middle of it or just chuckle at forum's personality for now.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Yeah, I notice that it does that, too. Like, when I said I just saw Han****....it leaves the movie I saw up to the reader's imagination Although, I do find it really humorous, so I'm fine with keeping it LOL

Comment

Originally posted by NileQT87 View Post
                Speaking of forum coding... We're having a pea**** and ****pit overboard censorship problem. I end up having to use a Russian Cyrillic alphabet "O" to counter it. And yet, you can say 'b-tch', 'sh-t' and 'f-ck' (I'll chop out the letters, but they do show up).

Dick van Dyke hasn't been discriminated against, at least.
                Hey, just be happy the forum isn't keeping you from typing Monty Python! That was harsh censorship times here on BF.
                T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

so it wont let anyone type the word ****erspaniel? I never noticed that before.... huh..

Comment

Okay, I'm going to close this thread since it's going off topic. I believe the original question has been answered and the word that's censored really isn't that often a used word that it's critical to be changed immediately.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Working...
                    X