BuffyWorld???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BuffyWorld???

Uh, is it back? 'Cause I happened upon this ----> http://www.buffyworld.com/ today. Now I wasn't a member there before so I have no idea if it's the same guy running it or if that's what it looked like but it links BuffyForums on there so I'm just wondering what's up. That's if anyone knows.
    T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Yeah, I've known for awhile. I didn't know it links BuffyForum, or why but whatever. It's nice to get some certain stuff, but the new Buffy Forums home page is just as good, and prettier

Comment

I agree that the Buffyforums homepage we have now is so much nicer and prettier though both are pretty good...

As for the forum link I think its likely that seeing as a new forum was never opened by the guy what with the community moving over here and all. He is just trying to provide fans with a place to post? Or maybe him and Nikki arranged it? Thats my guess lol
      Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Comment

BW was purchased by someone else pretty much after Mark gave it up. So this became our permanent home. I know the new site owner contacted Nikki asking about making this the official forum or something to that effect but she declined. I assume he links here so that his visitors can find a discussion board for the shows.
        sigpic
        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
          BW was purchased by someone else pretty much after Mark gave it up. So this became our permanent home. I know the new site owner contacted Nikki asking about making this the official forum or something to that effect but she declined. I assume he links here so that his visitors can find a discussion board for the shows.
          That's what I thought as well - although I like his site because it has lots of "information" that we sometimes need here at Buffy Forums. Not long ago I mentioned it would be nice to have a place where the episodes in chronological order could be seen for viewing pleasure.

I look at BW as a "reference tool" for BF!!
          -TP<3
          "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
          - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Yeah, I remembered you guys saying it was purchased by someone else but I didn't think it was still BuffyWorld for some reason. I thought the entire sight had changed to something else. I guess not. Oh well. I just thought it was odd that it still exists after hearing how it went down completely awhile back.

Comment

It was completely down for a while before pretty much all parts except the forum got put up by this other guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePoet's<3 View Post
                That's what I thought as well - although I like his site because it has lots of "information" that we sometimes need here at Buffy Forums. Not long ago I mentioned it would be nice to have a place where the episodes in chronological order could be seen for viewing pleasure.

I look at BW as a "reference tool" for BF!!
                We do have a chronological listing with both transcripts and screencaps. Buffy page. We just don't have the trailers and air dates and that sort of thing.
                sigpic
                follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

We do have a chronological listing with both transcripts and screencaps. Buffy page. We just don't have the trailers and air dates and that sort of thing.
                  Now see - I NEVER see that page. When I sign on I go directly into the Forums. Didn't even know that page existed!! So, perhaps that would be something that needs to be located on the Forum side of things. Because that's where people usually need to look up information or make reference too when participating in discussions. *shrugs*
                  -TP<3
                  "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                  - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Well, this is how it was set up at BW too. There was the main site with the info and then the forum. It is probably just overlooked because most members came from BW forums to here and were just looking to continue the forum activities. And a lot of people found the BW forums because they were looking for info on the shows and ended up at BW. I don't know if that made sense (it's after 2am here *sleepy*). Point is, the set-up wasn't much different here than it was there.
                    sigpic

Comment

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just add on to this one cos i think it fits in with the theme..

You know when you first sign in and you have a chose for the forum to "remember me". I press it all the time and it still won't remember my sign in name. It can be irratating sometimes, cos you know when you haven't been on in a few days and you sit there thinking "what the hell was my username".

does anyone else experience this?
                      BUFFY - Please come back. We have a Vampire we need you to kill... His name is Edward Cullen.

*wicked_visions*

Comment

I haven't experienced that myself, every once in awhile it happens, but have you checked you internet options? Make sure your cookies or even temporary internet files don't get deleted every time you close your browser.

Comment

yes, I will echo holypotatoes. This is a cookie issue. Only you can adjust those settings thorugh your internet browser. This is not a forum issue. But resolving it should be relatively easy, depending on what browser your use.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X