Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message from Mark at BW

I'm shocked and surprised he PMed me!

Not too sure what's wrong, I've got tech's look at fixing something for me so that I can restore the database in a better way then I did.

I've been ill. I'm still sick. been away from the computer. sorry. I know it sucks. I'm finding it hard to read things on my computer screen.

Hoping that i can fix it all tomorrow. Giving it one more go tonight then I'll have to crash in my bed.

*fingers crossed.*
    So he's turned the forums off to stop anyone registering again who is already a member as he does hope to restore the database.

Nikki

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Nikki

Comment

Thanks for the information, Nikki
      "Trust the Tale, not the Teller"
      Tumblr // Smugmug // Twitter

Comment

Yeah thank for letting us know.
        sigpic

Comment

Does that mean BW was up for awhile? I must have missed it. I'm glad he's got tech looking into it.
          sigpic
          follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
            Does that mean BW was up for awhile? I must have missed it. I'm glad he's got tech looking into it.
            It was accessible this morning but all accounts with the exception of 45 accounts were deleted! Now they try to restore them.

Comment

Originally posted by galathea View Post
              It was accessible this morning but all accounts with the exception of 45 accounts were deleted! Now they try to restore them.
              I wonder why 45 accounts remained... Why those and not any of the others. Tis bizare. Like the 4400, or the 198 from X-Men. *ponders*
              Slayer
              (My brand new Buffy RPG site)

Comment

It was very weird because it wasn't like the first 42 accounts created were still there, it was really random.

It was up briefly but then Mark closed it to try and fix it. I guess he had no luck today /sigh

Comment

42 = the meaning of life. Buffyworld is trying to tell us something terribly profound...

Comment

Nikki thanks so much for telling us this. Your the best.
                    East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

Banner By: Pandora's Box

Comment

Originally posted by Llywela View Post
                      42 = the meaning of life. Buffyworld is trying to tell us something terribly profound...
                      42 is a symbolic number Many survivors would agree on that Don't you think, Jack
                      "Trust the Tale, not the Teller"
                      Tumblr // Smugmug // Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Llywela View Post
                        not the meaning of life per se, it's the answer to everything. Including the meaning of life
                        So funny you bring this up. I had a discussion about it last week!

I missed that BW was back and that accounts were deleted as well.

But really glad Mark is doing his best to look at it

Comment

Thank you so much, Nikki and Mark. Giving us some information and Mark trying to save this awesome forum!

Comment

Ah accounts deleted! I like to think mine was one of the special an and randomly saved accounts... Imagine if they could never get them back.. Eek!

Well at least Mark has finally contacted Nikki and we are hearing some news, hopefully it can be fixed for good! Thanks for posting Nikki!

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Umm. Looks like the forum is up now, and there's a topic Mark created for users to report problems. The deleted accounts haven't restored, though...
                              [ ...In my exile. ]
                              LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Comment

Whaddya know...Who'd have thought it?

I can sort of understand where Mark was coming from. I think I've told some people about my illness a few years back when I couldn't stand to look at a computer screen; fortunately no one was depending on me to repair forums...
                                DeadWar: Burden of Proof
                                Out Now.
                                Feedback is always welcome here.

Comment

wow ok just found this back up forum. hiya, the fourm apperaed to be working for me and then it wouldn't let me log in. silly forum so i'll just carry on my everyday business here for now.
                                  sigpic
                                  twinned with TheCharmed1

Comment

^ Yeah I am having the same trouble, the BW forum doesn't seen to recognise my user name. Do we have to re-register?
                                    sigpic

Comment

Same problem here. I was not one of the lucky 45. Does anyone know if we will be restored?
                                      "All I ask is that... that you try to see me."

Comment

Originally posted by TheCharmed1 View Post
                                        ^ Yeah I am having the same trouble, the BW forum doesn't seen to recognise my user name. Do we have to re-register?
                                        Yeah, but in case the database is fixed and we could all get our post-counts, settings, etc back, we're kind of advising ourselves not to re-register. However if it's made clear that the accounts won't be restored then it would be a good idea.

Thanks a whole lot Nikki and Mark!
                                        Buffy: It sounds like it's difficult for you. Maybe your sister makes it hard for you to establish your own identity. You said she's controlling, she doesn't let you make your own decisions -
                                        Dawn: Yeah, and she borrows my clothes without asking.

Comment

Working...
                                        X