Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do we have to be premium members to have a signature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do we have to be premium members to have a signature?

i don't mean to be rude but that's a bit unfair. not all of us members have the sufficient time to post everyday like others do. 250 posts are a bit too much for a signature. i have a very nice and small signature that i want to put and i think it won't harm anyone or the forum.

Ever since Buffyworld was opened, I believe, there has been the "VIP" status. It's supposed to be a reward for those members who contribute a great amount to the forum by posting and keeping the place alive. At Buffyworld, members had to have a post count of 500 to get the status, at which time they'd be able to access the VIP forum and wear a banner in their signature.

It's not something that's meant to be unfair. It's just an incentive to get members to post more and more and to keep the forum alive and active regularly. There are quite a few other forums on the internet that have this type of "VIP status," too. But on those, you can't have a banner or have your own avatar until you reach their desired standards. Overall, Buffyworld had it much better.

Now that Buffyworld's gone kaput, Nikki's realizing that everyone had high post counts and that it's impossible to gain back their entire post counts here. She also can't restore post counts, either. So what Nikki's done is lower the required post count to obtain VIP status to 250 - which is really generous considering that everyone who's a VIP on Buffyworld had to get double that.

So it might not seem fair but, in reality, it's what keeps Buffyworld and ,what will keep, this place alive. So, your best option, is to post as much as you can, when you can (as long as it's not spam, of course) and you'll reach your goal eventually.
    wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Not to mention the many several forums that don't allow sig images at all.
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

To add in really briefly, you're right, not everyone can post every day... sometimes RL just doesn't give you the chance. (Even if you tend to !)

It took me about three years to get to 500 posts... but I got there! You will too!!!

Neat for people here to only need 250, frankly, and hey, this forum's up and alive, so less down time means more posts!!!

I know on BW it was very much just a rule, accept it or not... 14 here is more than a lot of people have made since BF came to be, so you're on your way!!! You should still be able to have a sig like a message, I think, too.

Comment

ok then i guess i'll have to step it up whether i like it or not jeje it will take me a long time but i think i can get there.

Comment

Ok, so this is a kinda cheeky question, but if I have 250 posts on Buffy World will I be allowed to become a VIP on this forum. I took me at least two years just to get the 250 I have, it'll take at least that long to regain them as I pretty much only post art now a days. I know it's kinda a long shot, but I have to ask.
            sigpic
            the seasons have changed, but even through the rain I can still see your eyes.

Comment

Where are people getting this 250 post count number? I haven't seen anything that says how many posts you need for VIP status on this forum; I've only seen that if you had it before they will give it to you here.
              "All I ask is that... that you try to see me."

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian's Kitten View Post
                Where are people getting this 250 post count number? I haven't seen anything that says how many posts you need for VIP status on this forum; I've only seen that if you had it before they will give it to you here.
                I might be wrong, but I believe that to become a VIP on this forum, you have either to be a VIP on Buffyworld, or have 250+ posts here. The number 250 is mentioned in the FAQ:

15. What is a premium member and what do I have to do to be one?
                It is a new user group for members who've made a significant contribution to the forum. Call it a little reward for making the forum interesting and enjoyable. If some of you are interested in this here are the requirements:

? 2+ months as a member
                ? 250+ posts
                ? No current warnings (warnings that have expired are ok)
                [ ...In my exile. ]
                LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Comment

Zugma's right. Also if you had 250 posts at BW, you can be upgraded to premium. You will need to pm Nikki and tell her your BW post count.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Really? If we were 250+ at BW we can be premium? Cause I hade like 300 or something, been there way over two months, and had no current warnings.
                    "Go deadness for the demons!"

Comment

I was just wondering ( i hope its ok to post this here) under my name it only says 4 posts but ive done more than that so im a bit confused lol??
                      well 6 now?

Comment

Originally posted by amy1234 View Post
                        I was just wondering ( i hope its ok to post this here) under my name it only says 4 posts but ive done more than that so im a bit confused lol??
                        well 6 now?
                        Posts do not add to your postcount in some sections of the fourm, like Games or Miscellaneous. Just read descriptions under forums' titles on the main page to know where the posts count and where they don't
                        [ ...In my exile. ]
                        LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Comment

Working...
                        X