Posting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting problems

Hey there, I'm having some problems posting. I've tried it on two different computers (work and home) and when I try to post, it won't let me. Seem to be able to post in the VIP and here, but not when I post eg in the feedback forum. Any idea why?

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Well, can you be more specific? What happens when you do try and post? Do you get an error screen?
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
      Well, can you be more specific? What happens when you do try and post? Do you get an error screen?
      Right, just did a little experiment. I posted fine in the feedback forums (in kingofcretins' thread) but when I tried to edit the post I got the following screen, which is what I've got a few times while trying to post. It seems to happen when I try to paste text into the post (which has never been a prob before).

You don't have permission to access /forums/editpost.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.buffyforums.net Port 80

Comment

That is rather peculiar. But you did get to post, eh? I saw it. But now you can't edit? Nothing like this has happened for me and no one else has brought up such a problem. Nikki's on holiday now so it might be a bit before she can look into it.

At this time I am thinking it is a glitch that will disappear. Or at the very least only makes a sporadic appearance. Wish I could help you right away. :/
        sigpic
        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

That is rather peculiar. But you did get to post, eh? I saw it. But now you can't edit? Nothing like this has happened for me and no one else has brought up such a problem. Nikki's on holiday now so it might be a bit before she can look into it.

At this time I am thinking it is a glitch that will disappear. Or at the very least only makes a sporadic appearance. Wish I could help you right away. :/
          No worries! I'll keep trying and see if it sorts itself out.

Comment

Just to add - Wolfie emailed me the post she's trying to post, and I've tried both editing it into her original post and posting it as a new reply to the thread, but I'm getting exactly the same error. I tried moving King of Cretins' feedback thread into a different section to see if it would accept the post there, but no luck. So I'm going to assume there's a problem with this particular thread in the database, perhaps? It's very puzzling. But I suspect we will just have to wait for Nikki to get back off holiday to resolve the issue, unfortunately.

Comment

Adding to Jo's post (thanks for trying!)...I tried to pm KoC with my feedback and that didn't work either. It seems to be causing probs when I cut and paste text from elsewhere.

Comment

I can just post a bunch of feedback for myself and attribute it to you

You can't even post on discussion threads?
                sigpic
                Banner by LRae12

Comment

I can, just not if I cut and paste text from a word doc or an email (which I usually do with long posts). If you wanna pm me your email I could email you some feedback for the moment though, and feel free to repost it

Comment

It does sound to be a problem with the thread. Why don't we just start a new one, Llywela?
                    sigpic

Comment

It does sound to be a problem with the thread. Why don't we just start a new one, Llywela?
                      Hmm, I did have a problem pasting stuff into a pm though...and KoC tried to paste stuff I'd emailed to him. I think maybe it's a problem with the text itself. Maybe I should just type it up agian!

Comment

Ok not sure if this is the same for you Lou, but if you paste text over that you've typed in word I find using the button on the far left, kind of like an A with a cross through it, removes all of the word formatting which makes it more compatible with the forum..

However it could be a problem with that thread although the admin pannel isn't showing any thread problems for me

Comment

Thanks Nikki. I'll try that (I can see the button)...though for the moment, KoC has managed to repost the stuff anyway. One of them computer mysteries.

(ps hope you had a good holiday!)

Comment

Oh oh oh! I thought it was just my computer being weirdo... but I had the same problem on the very last episode I was posting during my giant Raven post! I tried fiddeling around with moving it around and nope... still hates me So now its a recurring problem! I'll do what you suggested Nikki!

Comment

It's not actually a bad thing but I had yesterday 194-195 posts and now it poped up to 200// is there a reason?

Comment

Not sure, omri. But maybe one of the forums has post count turned on where it not ought to be and some thread got moved there. Or a thread (or more) were moved into a different forum where post count is activated. That's usually why one of things happen.

I never notice that stuff myself. I don't ever remember my post count from visit to visit.
                                sigpic

Comment

Ok, thought so.

I do count my posts cause I want to have the abilty to have a banner on my sig. it's not like I feel I'm in some compition..

Comment

I didn't mean to imply that actually. I just meant that I don't notice cause I already have the sig benefits and a ton of posts...so I just don't notice. Although I was thinking earlier today how crazy it was that I have over 750 posts. I don't feel like I made that many. But I guess that's 'cause I did a bunch of posting when we were all moving over here to help get the forum going and I suppose they just added up! So...yeah...sorry. Didn't mean anything bad by that!
                                    sigpic

Comment

I don't know if it matter's or not, but I'm pretty sure that Omri's post count was upped because a certain thread was dead-threaded into the fanart dead thread section

EDIT: It was in the misc section before. (And man, did I use the word thread a lot.)
                                      little albatross
                                      Drunkface McCord
                                      Last edited by little albatross; 03-10-07, 08:43 AM.
                                      would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

I didn't mean to imply that actually. I just meant that I don't notice cause I already have the sig benefits and a ton of posts...so I just don't notice. Although I was thinking earlier today how crazy it was that I have over 750 posts. I don't feel like I made that many. But I guess that's 'cause I did a bunch of posting when we were all moving over here to help get the forum going and I suppose they just added up! So...yeah...sorry. Didn't mean anything bad by that!
                                        It's ok.. I know you didn't mean that in a bad way.
                                        Thanks.

Thanks J.j! glad to know!

Comment

Working...
                                        X