To the future and beyond!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the future and beyond!

So entering our fourth year as a forum, we can always use new ideas to keep the place alive and fun!

Our fanart challenges are as hot as ever. There's a new banner challenge going on as well. Plus we will be hosting the AFAs next month. But it seems our fanfic challenges have trailed off, is there any interest out there in starting those again?

And our Misc section can be used to host other non moderator sponsored events. If you have an idea, just run it past a moderator either by pm or posting in the Suggestions Section. We love activities but can't run everything. We used to have Forum Awards Ceremonies honoring members or voting for favorite BtVS characters or scenes. Or the Spotlight thread in which a member got asked questions by the community for a week. So if anyone wants to manage some activity, we're usually cool with it!

I have to shout out thanks to members like Sayjay for hosting the AFAs, KingofCretins for doing S8 transcripts, CliCliR for the Welcoming Committee, Digital Leonardo for the VIP Christmas Swap, and Thomas for running the Buffyforums News.

So, if you ever have an idea, free time, and dedication, don't be shy about asking if you can do it!

Anyway, I'd love to use this thread for any suggestions you have on improving what the forums currently does have. Or praise for anything that you think we are doing right. Feedback is helpful!

Lydia made the punch!

Lol, there is pretty much ONE thing missing from this forum, that would make this forum absolutely perfect--STRIKETHROUGH! I use this so often on LJ and other places, and it's the one feature missing from here....I mean, the whole point is that it's supposed to be seen, so it's not a question of "oh well you can edit here!" It adds to the lulz and such...
    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Testing Testing Testing

All added

use [*strike]text[*/strike]

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
        Testing Testing Testing

All added

OMG YAY! Thanks!

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Testing Testing Testing

All added

Cool!! *I always wondered how people did that on LJ or other sites, and had no idea! LOL* *is ignorant*

NOW I KNOW!!!!

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
          Icon by xiperita

Comment

Originally posted by Francy View Post
            Cool!! *I always wondered how people did that on LJ or other sites, and had no idea! LOL* *is ignorant*

NOW I KNOW!!!!
            Lol, well careful on LJ the code is <s>text</s>!

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Ooh, strikethrough is always a cool function to have.

Just have to remember the code for it since there's no button...

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
                That's cos LJ code is html, the forum uses BB code so it's very different.

If someone wants to make a small button I'll put it up

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
                  Yeah, I figured it out, despite my measly knowledge of the html world! Now I just have to find something inappropriateappropriate to strike!

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
                  Icon by xiperita

Comment

Lol, glad I'm not the only fan of strikethrough here! Can't wait for an opportunity to use it to come up

That's cos LJ code is html, the forum uses BB code so it's very different.

If someone wants to make a small button I'll put it up
                    I know, I just wanted to make sure Francy knew you just needed the s, not to spell the whole word out! (BB code is sooo much easier!)

And ooh yes, that would be cool to have a button, if it wouldn't be too hard or complicated! Otherwise it seems simple enough to remember anyway....

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Working...
                    X