All for the Memories!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All for the Memories!

Ahhh, birthdays. Such a wonderful time to take a moment to recall some of the great memories that have made life special. With Buffyforums now being four years old, some of us have definitely been together for a long time. So how long have you been in the community whether with BF or its predecessor Buffyworld Forums? And if you have any moments (good or bad) that you want to share?
    A few months
    2.38%
    Under a year
    0.00%
    1 year
    2.38%
    2 years
    4.76%
    3 years
    9.52%
    4 years
    9.52%
    5 years
    7.14%
    6 years
    23.81%
    7 years
    7.14%
    8 years or more
    19.05%
    Been visiting continuously
    9.52%
    Drifted away and found my way back
    4.76%

Lydia made the punch!

I'll go first! I joined in October 2004 and have been addicted ever since!

I've been through a lot tough times in the past years, but having this forum has helped keep me sane. At first it was just finally getting a place to talk about my BtVS/Angel obsession and getting my start in fanart. But eventually I overcame my shyness and started making some dear friends who've always been there to give me a smile, laugh, comforting word. Or to inject a little bit of fun into a boring workday!

Look back and laugh about it memory: Getting my first warning for double posting. I thought the moderators all hated me! They didn't, obviously. So I know how it feels to get a pm even though it was sent with the best intentions of trying to help me understand how the forum works best. We genuinely care about the forum and helping you fit in with all the members and make the forum better.

Fond memory: When we neared BF's first birthday and Nikki first came up with the idea of having a forum party. Such a simple idea, but really something new and unique! I've loved these opportunities to kick back and celebrate my online friends and get to meet new people! So please don't be shy and feel free to dive into any conversations!

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

BuffyForums is four years old this month - and this month also marks six years since I became part of this community, as I joined BuffyWorld Forums in Feb 2005. The time has flown by - I feel like this community and the friends I've made here have been part of my life forever, and have met quite a number of fellow members in real life now.

I have so many memories of this place - signing up simply so I could leave feedback on the 'official' BW season 8 that I'd been reading and loving, tentatively finding my way into more and more debates, beginning to post a few pieces of fanfiction and being recruited as a judge on the Written Panel, becoming VIP and getting to know fellow members better, being asked to join the moderating team...

I could go on and on!

Comment

This year it's 8 years already :-)

Wow, that's seriously a very long time! I love that this community is so warm and close and respects people for who they are
        And also that in busy times, one can visit not so often, but then still be welcomed back when they do!

I've made some real good friends here, even went to Australia to visit Leloo over there

Comment

I joined BuffyWorld Forums in September 2001.. I was desperate to read the season 6 transcripts and discuss the episodes

I can't imagine my life without this place and the great friends I have here

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
            I joined BuffyWorld Forums in September 2001.. I was desperate to read the season 6 transcripts and discuss the episodes

I can't imagine my life without this place and the great friends I have here
            Would you ever have believed back then that you would one day own the place?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Llywela View Post
              Would you ever have believed back then that you would one day own the place?!!!
              Lol really really not! I was so happy when I became a mod but I thought that would be as far as it went

Comment

It's been 6 years for me already as well! I came for the AtS section/discussions and even though I've long moved on from the Whedonverse, I stayed for the awesome people I met on this board. I owe this board a lot - it got me into fanart and gifted me with some wonderful friends, some of which I met in person and plan on meeting again.

Here's to another 6 years!

Comment

It'll be 8 years for me in May Back then when I first joined I would've never thought this forum would become an actual part of my life, that it will actually *change* my life - but it has. Now, I can't even imagine living without knowing this place and these people.

I found new friends, including my best friend Tam My getting into fanart here resulted not only in opening a site (Nikki! ), but also finding myself a new job that I really like. (I actually brought wallpapers to the interview with my future boss, LOL.) Not to mention that I improved my English and it broadened my horizons so much. Nothing of this would have happened without Buffyworld/BuffyForums. Thinking about that is a little scary, now!

Thank you, guys for creating this place and making it what it is - my second home online. Here's to BF *raises glass*
                  [ ...In my exile. ]
                  LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Comment

It's been a while, six or seven years... amazing what a part of my life this place is, I can't imagine coming online and not opening the forum and clicking to see the new posts...

Comment

I think it is six years for me in March. I think. I can't fully remember when I joined BW, it was either March 05 or May 05. I think it was March. And here I am, six years down the line, still here and still having a good time.

Although I don't post as much now, I still can't imagine not lurking about. I usually have BF up in the background and check it every so often.

sigpic
                      ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

I don't visit here much at all any more, although I do stop by a couple of times a month to see how things are doing.

I've met a lot of people through this forum who have meant a lot to me, and are still great friends today. This forum will always mean a lot to me.

I joined this place in 2004, when I was 15. The wonderful people here helped me through a lot of things and made me feel a lot better about being me. The acceptance and friendship I found here helped me become more confident and more articulate in other areas of my life. Overall, it just made me happier, and for that I can't thank you enough.

Happy birthday, Buffyforums. You are awesome.
                        "When people call people nerds, mostly what they are saying is, 'You like stuff', which is just not a good insult at all, like 'You are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness'."
                        -John Green

Comment

Crikey, how long has it been? Maybes six years or so now that I've been haunting these threads and the ones on Buffyworld? Yeah that sounds about right.

I can certainly remember that fateful Saturday shift at work, when, bored half to death, I decided to do a google search for my favourite pet obsession and found the site. I remember the weeks of lurking, enticed by the amazing, insightful discussion of things I had myself spent some time idly wondering about but at the same time worrying over how it would look for a thirty year old bloke to be signing up to a forum that had, just had to be populated by teenagers (yeah, i know, big duh there). Now signing in here is automatic and if work ever withdrew web privileges then I'd be gutted (and possibly looking for a new job). without this place i'd never have tried writing or even thought about photoshop and i would probably have missed such televisual gems as Life on Mars and Dexter.

Viva la forums!
                          JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
                          Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

For me it's 4 years come June for this place but I lurked fairly regularly on Buffyworld. I remember seeing all this amazing art ......looking at you Olga and wanted to try it myself. I didn't post much of it cause hello craptastic much. Since I joined here everyone has been fanatastic giving me tips and generally just being the amazing bunch that you are. My life just wouldn't be the same if this place didn't exist........it's home to me.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't remember when I joined exactly... must be 6/7 years ( I put 6 in the poll), but I remember that I lurked for a very long time (probably more than a year) on BW before finally deciding to join.

This forum has been and still is such a big part of my life!! I hope it stays forever and ever and ever!

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
                              Icon by xiperita

Comment

Wow, I think I've been on here for about 5 or 6 years :eek: It's been so long, but I've adored my entire time here and at BuffyWorld. Thank youSo many great memories, my first ones being in the games section. I met most of my first friends on here in the games forum. Also, the AFAs have been some of the greatest fun I've had on here, so thanks to Sayjay and Nikki for hosting those, they really are amazing. I've become a television freak because of this place and watched things I never would have dreamed of watching if not for this place (Battlestar Galactica, for starters, which is my favorite show ever!). and I begn writing and making fanart because of this place. I just love this place.

Comment

I first joined in April of 2009... I lurked for a really long time before I finally decided to start posting. I love this place and have made some great friends here. I'm so grateful for this forum, and for all the amazing artists who continue to challenge me and help me become a better artist.

Comment

Well if this forum is 4 years old then I've been in the community for 5, since I was around basically for BW's last year of existence (more or less ). I joined in June 2006, and June 2007 is when it finally crashed for good...I remember I first found the forum when I was googling "Cangel" or Cordy/Angel (having just gotten into Angel and the pairing, after it was already off the air), and found the old C/A fan thread there (RIP)--as well as a number of other interesting-looking ship club threads that peaked my interest. I joined because I wanted to get in on some of that action, lol....I never even realized until much later that there was a BW site besides the forum!

After that the rest was history... I really worked on my post count, and also played in the games where I first got to know some people better. I'm glad I did get so many posts so quickly, so that I was able to reach VIP (and join here with my VIP account there still visible to look up) before BW crashed for good....wouldn't have wanted to go through all that again!

But yeah, it's been a great 5 years, it is crazy how I talk to many of you even more often than I do rl friends--you all are great! I'm also glad I've had the chance to meet a number of you in person, and I hope to meet more in the future... To another 5 years, and many more to come!
                                    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

8+ years! Insane. There was only a few months where I wasn't around. But other than that. TIME FLIES. It's amazing the community that was created and how it has sustained itself, even moving to a new home. Happy Birthday, BF!!!!!
                                      sigpic
                                      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Gosh- its been about seven-eight years for me. I recall joining when Buffy Season Six was airing. I came across some BtVS wallpapers on the internet and started making them myself. Then that led me to the forum but I had dial-up at the time so it took forever to upload. I'd give up trying to see what the forum was all about. Finally, one day I said the heck with it- I pulled up the site and waited so long for it to load. I discovered a whole new world and never looked back.

The people here are nothing but friendly. It's like a little family here. I can't imagine leaving this place. And it's because of this forum I started my fanfic series. It has helped me with my writing skills. I really appreciate that. I've also learned a lot about so many things, about people and life. So thank you Buffy Forums. Happy Birthday!
                                        Banner by Digital Leonardo

Comment

Working...
                                        X