Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And The Awards Are...

Awards to be Given Out:
    (The below is based on the FINALISED figures of this years ceremony)

Category Grouping 1: (Supernatural)
    • Best Episodic - 25 entries [ 5 placement awards, 5 runner up awards]
    • Best Character - 19 entries [ 5 placement awards, 3 runner up awards]
    • Best Group - 22 entries [ 5 placement awards, 5 runner up awards]

Total Awards To Be Given: 28

Category Grouping 2: (BtVS & AtS)
    • Best Episodic - 26 entries [ 5 placement awards, 5 runner up awards]
    • Best Character - 27 entries [ 5 placement awards, 5 runner up awards]
    • Best Group - 21 entries [ 5 placement awards, 5 runner up awards]
    Total Awards To Be Given: 30

Category Grouping 3: (Other Series)
    • Best Supernatural/Fantasy Series - 26 entries [ 6 placement awards, 6 runner up awards]
    • Best Sci-Fi Series - 23 entries [ 5 placement awards, 5 runner up awards]
    • Best Comedy/Drama Series - 29 entries [ 6 placement awards, 6 runner up awards]
    • Best Moonlight - 12 entries [ 3 placement awards, 3 runner up awards]
    Total Awards To Be Given: 40

Category Grouping 4: (Twilight)
    • Best Book/Film Scene - 17 entries [ 5 placement awards, 3 runner up awards]
    • Best Bella/Edward - 18 entries [ 5 placement awards, 3 runner up awards]
    • Best 'Other' Couple - 19 entries [ 5 placement awards, 3 runner up awards]
    • Best Character - 20 entries [ 5 placement awards, 3 runner up awards]
    Total Awards To Be Given: 32

Category Grouping 5: (Extra)
    • Best Female Celeb - 27 entries [ 6 placement awards, 6 runner up awards]
    • Best Male Celeb - 27 entries [ 6 placement awards, 6 runner up awards]
    • Best Book/Film - 28 entries [ 6 placement awards, 6 runner up awards]
    Total Awards To Be Given: 36

Category Grouping 6: (Emotions)
    • Best Comedy - 26 entries [ 6 placement awards, 6 runner up awards]
    • Best Drama - 37 entries [ 10 placement awards, 5 runner up awards]
    • Best Love - 27 entries [ 6 placement awards, 6 runner up awards]
    • Best Tearjerker - 35 entries [ 10 placement awards, 5 runner up awards]
    Total Awards To Be Given: 54

Category Grouping 7: (Techniques)
    • Best Use of Stocks - 36 entries [ 10 placement awards, 5 runner up awards]
    • Best Use of Colour - 37 entries [ 10 placement awards, 5 runner up awards]
    • Best Use of Lighting - 36 entries [ 10 placement awards, 5 runner up awards]
    • Best Use of Texture/Brushes - 36 entries [ 10 placement awards, 5 runner up awards]
    • Best Use of Composition - 41 entries [ 12 placement awards, 6 runner up awards]
    • Best Use of Manipulation - 34 entries [ 10 placement awards, 5 runner up awards]
    • Best Use of Text - 37 entries [ 10 placement awards, 5 runner up awards]
    Total Awards To Be Given: 108

Q & A

Why Have I Chosen These Figures?

Basically what I wanted to do was to make sure that there were plenty of people going to be recognised for their work and so I wanted to make as many awards as possible available to everyone. You have all take the time to take part in this event, and so I want to maximise everyone's potential for getting an award.

On the other hand, this is still a competition, and so not everyone can an award. The way I calculated the number of awards to give out to each category was to ensure that I was never giving half of the nominees an award (very close to half, but never quite!). [The exception is of course Moonlight where it is exactly half, and this is because of the unique circumstances that this will be the one and only year of it having its own category.]

This seemed the best way to ensure that a large percentage of our nominees would receive an award, but at the same acknowledge the fact that this is the sort of the event where having an award is something 'exclusive' and not entirely easy to win.

You Have 6 Designers For Each Category, How Will That Work?

Don't worry, I've been thinking of how to deal with this while the event has been going on, and I've come up with the solution!

The splits that we have between placements & runner-up awards have been done with this in mind, the splits and how the designs will be used are listed below:

3P & 3RU - Everyone will get one award design each.
    5P & 5RU - Each placement will get a unique award, and the 5 runner-ups will all receive the same award design.
    5P & 3RU - Each placement will get a unique award, and the 3 runner-ups will all receive the same award design.
    6P & 6RU - Each placement will get a unique award, and the 6 runner-ups will get a B&W version of each of the 6 awards.
    10P & 5RU - Places 1-5 will each get one of the award designs, places 6-10 will get those award designs coloured slightly differently, and the 5 runner-ups will get the 6th award design.
    12P & 6RU - Places 1-6 will each get one of the award designs, places 7-12 will get those award designs coloured slightly differently, and the runner-up desgins will be in black & white

Will We Know What Designs Will Be Picked For Each Placement?

Simply: No.

I want to make sure that no one receives their own award design, and in order to do this, I cannot assign placements to any of your designs until all of the final results are in. I need to work out the best way to utilise the designs I have so that everyone gets something designer by another person, and since some of the designs will need to be used more than once I have to be very careful about how I do the split. As such, these won't be determined unitl a day or so before the ceremony, and by that point you may as well just wait and be surprised on the night!!

I will however be stating who made each design when posting the awards on the night of the event, at which point you'll get to see all of the wonderful designs, and also figure out the order in which I used them!

What About the 'Best Artist' & 'Best Wallpaper' Categories?

As with last year, I will be making an award design that will incorporate some of the artists' work into these and so will be designing these myself. This way no one will know who the winners are prior to the event, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Obviously there are hundreds of wallpapers nominated this year, so the best way to figure out how many awards we need for this category is to wait and see how many get voted for! Similarly I prefer to wait and see how many artists get a lot of points before saying I will give out x awards.

These were a surprise last year as I never announced how many there would be, and I will be doing the same this year!

More Questions?

I have tried to cover the basic questions I thought might arise when I posted the above, but if you have any further questions feel free to post and ask away!!

SJ
    xox
    Last edited by slaycandy; 31-01-09, 05:22 PM.
    sigpic
    Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Award Order

As with last year I have made this a very random order to keep things in each of the sections going throughout the night. And this way we won't get a grouping over with really quickly, they are all spread out!

1. Group 7: Best Use of Stocks
    2. Group 4: Twi Best Book/Film Scene Wallpaper
    3. Group 2: BtVS Best Character Wallpaper
    4. Group 7: Best Manipulation
    5. Group 3: Best Sci-Fi Series Wallpaper
    6. Group 1: SPN Best Group/Pairing Wallpaper
    7. Group 6: Best Depiction of a Love Scene
    8. Group 7: Best Use of Lighting
    9. Group 5: Best Male Celebrity Wallpaper
    10. Group 4: Twi Best Character Wallpaper
    11. Group 2: BtVS Best Episodic Wallpaper
    12. Group 7: Best Use of Text
    13. Group 6: Best Comedic Wallpaper
    14. Group 3: Best Moonlight Wallpaper
    15. Group 1: SPN Best Character Wallpaper
    16. Group 4: Twi Best Edward/Bella Wallpaper
    17. Group 5: Best Book/Film Art Wallpaper
    18. Group 7: Best Use of Textures/Brushes
    19. Group 2: BtVS Best Group/Pairing Wallpaper
    20. Group 3: Best Supernatural/Fantasy Series Wallpaper
    21. Group 4: Twi Best "Other Couple" Wallpaper
    22. Group 6: Best Dramatic Wallpaper
    23. Group 7: Best Use of Colour
    24. Group 1: SPN Best Episodic Wallpaper
    25. Group 5: Best Female Celebrity Wallpaper
    26. Group 3: Best Comedy/Drama Series Wallpaper
    27. Group 6: Best Tearjerker Wallpaper
    28. Group 7: Best Use of Composition

29. The Main Event: Best Artist of 2008
    30. The Main Event: Best Wallpaper of 2008

Why This Order?

I just assigned numbers randomly to each category, and then put them into a list, so there is no rhyme or reason to the order, apart from the fact that I wanted to start and end with a grouping 7 category, and composition has the highest number of nominees throughout the whole event, so I made it the last one.

Is The Order Likely to Change?

Nope. I have the set the order now and I'll plan out the ceremony based around this. This way you will know the order the awards will be posted in and can save a copy of this whenever you feel like it to make your way around the awards a little bit easier!

Hope that helps!
    SJ
    xox
    sigpic

Comment

Before anyone gets excited, yes I have made threads for each of the categories now, and I have also stated which category they will be following so you know what to look out for before it!

SJ
      xox
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X