Site restructuring: suggested new Buffyverse sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
    Okay, I've moved the General Discussions threads to all be under the GD section, shifted that in its position on the Homepage, and changed descriptions here and there as discussed. Hopefully this will have helped make the sectioning clearer??
    I've revisited the descriptions under General Discussions to try to simplify the explanations. Having seen them in place all day they just seemed too wordy still. Do they seem clear to everyone else?

I also looked to do some more archiving in General Discussions, but everything pre 2016 only amounted to about 20 threads across all sections in there. If we're wanting to impact the number of threads meaningfully I'm going to have to Archive closer to the current time, possibly everything pre 2018? I feel hesitant because they will all be losing the sections they've been sorted into as the The Archive doesn't have these, but, they are still searchable and if we're wanting to impact how 'full' the areas feel, the line is just going to have to be drawn closer than we thought.
    Shall I just take it back to 2017 and see what difference that makes?

I really want to try to make more progress reading the Showtime review tomorrow (particularly now Potential is up as well!). But I'm happy to look at a bit more archiving and the section descriptions if we feel there is more to tweak there. I think it might be beneficial to try it for a few days and see if when posting threads and looking through the sections, the splits make sense when using them.

Comment

We should leave the option open, so basically, it's allowed to create your personal art thread if someone wishes to do it.

You would probably expect a thread from me.

Comment

• Stoney
        Stoney commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking forward to it.

Quick question, are the Episode sections going to be kept as Seasons? I've just wanted to post a one sentence thing to I Was Made To Love You (because it's been depressingly in my head all day and I wanted it out of my head), but I couldn't post it to an Episode thread, only to the Season 5 re-watch thread, so it'll end up at the bottom of that thread I guess?

My question being, are there any plans to separate each episode to its own thread, or just keep them as season threads? Which is absolutely fine and even understandable as so much work has gone into the re-watch threads, but it makes it impossible to post a one liner, a passing thought, to the episode that thought is about. Unless I'm doing it wrong, which is also a major possibility

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Quick question, are the Episode sections going to be kept as Seasons? I've just wanted to post a one sentence thing to I Was Made To Love You (because it's been depressingly in my head all day and I wanted it out of my head), but I couldn't post it to an Episode thread, only to the Season 5 re-watch thread, so it'll end up at the bottom of that thread I guess?

My question being, are there any plans to separate each episode to its own thread, or just keep them as season threads? Which is absolutely fine and even understandable as so much work has gone into the re-watch threads, but it makes it impossible to post a one liner, a passing thought, to the episode that thought is about. Unless I'm doing it wrong, which is also a major possibility
        As I put in the rewatch thread, sticking a comment at the end of that is fine, but you could start a thread for the episode or even just the random thought.

We are talking about pulling out the reviews from the rewatches into separate threads (as well as leaving the original rewatch threads as a the complete seasons too). There was the possibility mentioned of connecting another board rewatch with a quicker pace to that. So, an episode thread would be created, possibly with the previous review just linked to it, or placed in a separate thread too. I think once we're happy with the new sections it would be worth deciding if we want a thread for each episode creating, if we want the rewatch reviews connected at all or just pull those out as individual episode review threads.

Comment

I also think it's always fine to create a thread even if it is just for one line. You'll never know, it could end up an 18 pages long discussion:-)

flow

Comment

• Stoney
            Stoney commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely. Priceless I'd quite like to pull that discussion out into a thread 'Buffy's choice in The Gift in consideration of April's/Joyce's deaths' perhaps? I think there's still steam in considering The Gift element??

• Priceless
            Priceless commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm happy for anyone to start a thread from something I've mentioned. I'd really like to discuss the timeline

• Stoney
            Stoney commented
            Editing a comment
            Ace, I'll do that and the timeline between April/Joyce and the impact on The Gift can all be considered.
        Working...
        X